please... i need help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
fallicanet

please... i need help

Post by fallicanet »

Hi at all... i'm new in this forum... and i'm sorry for my english, i'm an italian boy... but... but... i'm a shmup maniac...

now... i need help...

i have a Nintendo Gamecube (PAL)
i buy from internet a game Radirgy (JAP)
i buy too a Freeloader (Ver. 1.06B)
the freeloader work... is all ok... the game work... but... don't run... if the memory card is on the slot...

arghr :( radirgy don't run with the memory... no save, no extra... no hiscore... nothing...

if I insert the memory, in the game the images are stopped... if remove the memory radirgy run and work...

and I hope to have written well in English…:)

someone already knows this problem?

please someone help me!!!
please you answer to me!!!
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I think that the card has to be reformatted and then used to save a japanese game, and then it will only "save in Japanese". Meaning, you cannot mix american and japanese saves.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
fallicanet

Post by fallicanet »

Specineff wrote:I think that the card has to be reformatted and then used to save a japanese game, and then it will only "save in Japanese". Meaning, you cannot mix american and japanese saves.
yes i know this... but the freeloader don't formatting my memory card... and radirgy is my first japan game....

HELP!!!
fallicanet

Post by fallicanet »

but... if the memory card is formatting in japanese the game work and save???
...remember... i have Gamecube PAL - Radirgy JAP and freeloader...

someone know this...
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I don't know how the freeloader works b/c I modded my gamecube. But when i flip the swith to US then it will want to format the card to the US format, when I flip it to Japan then it wants to format the card to Japan.

My friend uses the freeloader ad if I remember right they plug in the card AFTER they boot up the game and everything works ok that way. If that doesn't work for yo then try using to different memory cards. One formated in US and one in Jpn.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

As I understand it, the GameCube normally formats the card according to the region of the console...and apparently Freeloader fixes for that. Some games will look for a save formatted to their region (i.e. Mr. Driller Japanese should look for a Japanese formatted save, and will only take that type).

You'll need another memory card, I imagine, unless you want to overwrite your current card.

If it's any help, I have a copy of Biohazard I'm not using that I bought from GaijinPunch. Haven't even touched it since getting it. It comes with a 250+ block memory card. I'll sell you the whole thing cheap.
fallicanet

Post by fallicanet »

arghr... i have 3 memory card...
2 of 251 and 1 of 56...

- i tested all 3 memory... but the region format in memory it does not change...
- i tested deleted all save files in one memory (251)... but nothing...
- i tested run Radirgy and after put on the slot the memory... but the game freeze...

then...
Freeloader + Radirgy with memory card = nothing on display (game is stop... freeze)
Freeloader + Radirgy without memory card = the game run... all ok... but no save, no extra etc...
Freeloader + Radirgy without memory card... and if insert the memory card and I try to save, the game stop... don't work... but if leave the memory the game return to work....

....I am becoming crazy....

is a bug of freeloader?
if the memory card is formatting in japanese the game work and save?
fallicanet

Post by fallicanet »

Ed Oscuro wrote:....(i.e. Mr. Driller Japanese should look for a Japanese formatted save, and will only take that type)....
Mr. Driller Japanese have problem like Radirgy?
if the memory formatting in japanese Mr. Driller works?