Candy Cab 3-4 player ? (+ CPS question)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Battlesmurf

Candy Cab 3-4 player ? (+ CPS question)

Post by Battlesmurf »

Lol...silly question- lets say I purchase an Atomiswave- and decide to crack open 3/4 Player Alien Vs Predator/X-men- how hard would it be to wire up an arcade controller for the 3P and 4P? (lol..we could worry about space issues later) Any suggestions on this?

Grant
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

rofl..and the cps question..I have a few CPS1/2 games that I found in a storage locker (great raid :) but none have had batteries since new from what the previous owner tells me. Anybody local know how to fix these?
bay

Re: Candy Cab 3-4 player ? (+ CPS question)

Post by bay »

Battlesmurf wrote:Lol...silly question- lets say I purchase an Atomiswave- and decide to crack open 3/4 Player Alien Vs Predator/X-men- how hard would it be to wire up an arcade controller for the 3P and 4P? (lol..we could worry about space issues later) Any suggestions on this?

Grant
past the space issue, which is definately an issue, its easy. just get/wire up a 4p cps2 harness.

are you talking about konami xmen? not familiar with the setup on that board, but anything is possible with some wire and the right connector = :D
elvis

Post by elvis »

Battlesmurf wrote:rofl..and the cps question..I have a few CPS1/2 games that I found in a storage locker (great raid :) but none have had batteries since new from what the previous owner tells me. Anybody local know how to fix these?
All CPS2 systems have encryption data stored in volatile RAM. When this RAM loses power, the decryption tables are lost and the game is dead.

No battery = suicide.

Your only choice now is to find someone who can phoenix the board with unencrypted ROMs. Good luck with that.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

rofl..avp and progear..in the shitters : / (all I can do is rofl ) I remember someone telling me back in the day capcom could do something about it...well, good news on the 4p thing at least.
elvis

Post by elvis »

Battlesmurf wrote:I remember someone telling me back in the day capcom could do something about it.
They can. But only if you're a Japanese arcade op and have a Japanese copy of the game.

"rofl"... or something...