forcing VGA out on NON VGA DC games

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Strider77

forcing VGA out on NON VGA DC games

Post by Strider77 »

I just got my DC hooked up via VGA to my HDTV. It looks great but I'm wondering how to force VGA out of games like bangaio. I can get the trick to work for gunbird but not bangaio or jojo's. Are these games just like that or am I doing something wrong? I also heard about using DC-X?

Any help on these question would be great!
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
theevilfunkster

Re: forcing VGA out on NON VGA DC games

Post by theevilfunkster »

Strider77 wrote:I just got my DC hooked up via VGA to my HDTV. It looks great but I'm wondering how to force VGA out of games like bangaio. I can get the trick to work for gunbird but not bangaio or jojo's. Are these games just like that or am I doing something wrong? I also heard about using DC-X?

Any help on these question would be great!
Bangai O and JoJo's will not work at all in VGA even with the switch trick, also play Gunbird 2 a few levels in and it should start slowing down quite heavily.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

play Gunbird 2 a few levels in and it should start slowing down quite heavily
ugh!! that blows....

I'm absolutely amazed by the difference this makes. Everything through that new transcoder box/VGA looks fantastic on my HDTV now. But that sux about the few unsupported titles.[/quote]
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

How Do you force no-vga games to vga?
Thanks.
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

malcolm wrote:How Do you force no-vga games to vga?
Thanks.
Your VGA box should have a switch marked VGA/TV. Flip it to TV and turn on the Dreamcast, wait a few seconds and you'll hear a very faint beep sound from the DC. Now flip the switch back to VGA and the game should be working fine in VGA.

There are still some games which won't work at all, these are-

NTSC

Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix
Dance Dance Revolution Club Version
Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyuu
King of Fighters Evolution
Psycic Force 2012
Rune Caster
The Psychology Game
Treasure Strike

PAL

Aerowings