shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:20 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ 1942 help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:51 am 

Jeez, I just don't see how you guys can 1cc this game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:00 pm 

it's called don't screw up.

Seriously. easier said then done. the game is a grueling stamina drainer, and that's it's cheif difficulty. That and the checkpoints for the bosses are so far back that it's hard to practice against them properly without savestates.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:17 am 

Just practice practice practice, huh? I suppose you're not going to get hypers by chaining better or make a fairy appear or anything. Just keep shooting, don't get hit, and learn which enemies are coming in each stage, I guess.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:53 pm 

doctorx0079 wrote:
Just practice practice practice, huh? I suppose you're not going to get hypers by chaining better or make a fairy appear or anything. Just keep shooting, don't get hit, and learn which enemies are coming in each stage, I guess.

Plus don't have your shots missed, and try geting point blank to shoot down large planes. (I can't 1cc this too.)

Well, in turth I think Flying Shark is alot better, I suggest you try 1cc that first.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:42 pm 

SAM wrote:
doctorx0079 wrote:

Plus don't have your shots missed, and try geting point blank to shoot down large planes. (I can't 1cc this too.)

Well, in turth I think Flying Shark is alot better, I suggest you try 1cc that first.

I have, I think Flying Shark is a lot easier.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RQ 1942 help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am 

I've been searching for a 1942 superplay but came up short. does such a thing exist?
[YouTube] - Jacob"1up"Spring

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am 

Maybe some day I will make one. Although I'm afraid it will be pretty boring watching someone else play this game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 am 

someone pointed me in the direction of MARP. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself /facepalm

anyways, it was interesting to see whats going on in the later stages, and how hectic it gets. Is it correct that the small green plane that gives a 1up + 5000points shows up every other level? Just checked it briefly and it seemed that it showed up every other level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 am 

1up wrote:
someone pointed me in the direction of MARP. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself /facepalm

anyways, it was interesting to see whats going on in the later stages, and how hectic it gets. Is it correct that the small green plane that gives a 1up + 5000points shows up every other level? Just checked it briefly and it seemed that it showed up every other level.

You only get 1ups in this game by getting enough points or collecting certain rare POWs that you get from the red planes. The spy plane shows up randomly I think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:35 am 

doctorx0079 wrote:
1up wrote:

You only get 1ups in this game by getting enough points or collecting certain rare POWs that you get from the red planes. The spy plane shows up randomly I think.

must have been a coincidence then? The 'item' gives 1up in other games, and I thought of this while watching the replay, so I took notice. Maybe his score got high enough for another 1up when he got the 5,000 points.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 am 

1942 is a riot. requires patience.

the thing about 1942 is that there's a bug
Quote:
* An interesting bug (1942): If you win an extra plane from points when killing a boss plane, no extra planes will be awarded on the basis of points. Extra planes can still be obtained by getting the Black/Red POW, but no point-based bonuses will be awarded for the rest of the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 am 

lgb wrote:
1942 is a riot. requires patience.

the thing about 1942 is that there's a bug
Quote:
* An interesting bug (1942): If you win an extra plane from points when killing a boss plane, no extra planes will be awarded on the basis of points. Extra planes can still be obtained by getting the Black/Red POW, but no point-based bonuses will be awarded for the rest of the game.

my god that would suck

Offline Profile