Help! My Grind Stormer graphics ROM is glitched!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxlords

Help! My Grind Stormer graphics ROM is glitched!

Post by maxlords »

Ok, recently bought a V-V (Grind Stormer) PCB off good ol' Gaijin Punch here on the forums. As always, no problems, board worked great as everything always does from him. I recently moved so I plugged in my cab to test it, then left the board in the cab, unplugged it and haven't touched the cab in about a month. Today I decided it was high time I clocked some hours on the game, so I plugged in my cab and went to play the board.

Alas, lo and behold my graphics for all the ships were glitched! Somehow sitting there doing nothing in my rather clean finished basement where the temp is controlled, the graphics ROM got glitched! What the heck? Anyone know why this might happen and how the hell I can fix it? I laid out enough bread on this board and it's a bitch to find, so I'd like to get it working ASAP. I took the only ROM on the board off, re-seated it, still the same problem so it's not a contact issue....somehow the ROM got corrupted! I've never had this happen before and I've left LOTS of boards in my cab.....

Ideas? Any help? Please?
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

wow, weird....that sounds like the same thing that recently happened to my Dangun Feveron board. Worked great for months and then randomly started glitching. I'm going to burn some new EPROMs soon, hopefully that will fix mine and the same thing can be done to fix yours...

-Segasonicfan
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

did you check your power supply to verifty that it outputs a steady 5V when your cab in on with the PCB plugged in ?
maxlords

Post by maxlords »

yojo! wrote:did you check your power supply to verifty that it outputs a steady 5V when your cab in on with the PCB plugged in ?
Nope. How do I do that? I don't have anything to test it with...I'm not good with electronics repair anyway.

As for reburning the EPROM...who can I get to do that? And can i reburn the original EPROM with the Toaplan sticker on it?
yojo!

Post by yojo! »

Its really easy; you need to get a DC voltmeter (go to radioshack); connect the black wire to the ground of the power supply and connect the red one to the +5V.