need a DC controller port replacement

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Strider77

need a DC controller port replacement

Post by Strider77 »

A friend has a on the system. Looking for a replacement to swap out.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

Couldn't he just swap the faulty one for port 3 or 4? Or does he need all four ports working?

Considering how cheap DCs are on eBay, the most cost effective option would probably be to buy a whole console and cannibalise it.
D

Post by D »

Daigohji wrote:Couldn't he just swap the faulty one for port 3 or 4? Or does he need all four ports working?

Considering how cheap DCs are on eBay, the most cost effective option would probably be to buy a whole console and cannibalise it.
:lol:
That makes sense, bu another one and then swap out the controller ports to your original dc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then when your done, buy a ferrari and take off one tire when you get a flat tire on your Ford :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even better buy a new computer when you lose one screw on your current computer and just take a screw from the new computer and put the new computer (excluding one screw) up in the attic.
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

^ And yet I don't notice you saying where else he could find a component from a console that Sega ceased manufacturing five years ago. I'm assuming that the current console is modded, so he can't just go ahead and use a different one.

If you're going to be an asshat, at least provide a better solution.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Couldn't he just swap the faulty one for port 3 or 4
that's an idea, I'm not sure they are able to be seperated like that though without soldering. I'll look into it though...

buying a new DC would work to if I can't find a broke one for cheap to canibalise.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?