STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Posting my team's scores before the deadline.

BATRIDER: ADVANCED COURSE - namakoteam RECORDS:
  1. B,167,820 - Icarus - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [WolfMAME - JPN Ver. B]
    < DEATH > < HS TABLE >
  2. 8,614,950 - DEL - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [PCB - KOR Ver. B]
    < HS TABLE >
  3. 7,396,560 - mulletgeezer - Stage 6 - Strawman (A)
    < HS TABLE >
  4. 7,030,270 - Smraedis - Stage 7 - Strawman (A)
    < DEATH > < HS TABLE >
  5. 5,271,070 - freddiebamboo - Stage 6 - Strawman (A)
    < HS TABLE >
  6. 3,775,190 - elbarto - Stage 5 - Strawman (A)
All proofs have been provided where possible. Scores subject to being updated before the deadline by individual players. The replay for the 10.8mil ALL score will be released on Monday.

Grah, I was out playing badminton with some friends this afternoon, and I'm so knackered I fell asleep for most of the evening, wasting a session. D'oh! ^_^;;

Good luck everyone! ^_-
sven666 wrote:man, i was gonna practice all weekend on this, but a hangover coupled with my grandfather dying (!!! Shocked ) really cramped my motivation
I'm sorry to hear that, sven. m(_ _)m
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Edge wrote:I'd like to remember everyone that you can win a prize in this week.

Super Laydock's Drawing Special

If you place a certain position in the end of the week you'll win a game.
The position will be the luckly number which got drawn on random. So if you have some luck you can win...

This week you can win: Thunderforce IV (Mega Drive / Jap. / complete!)

See this thread for more infos and other prizes in this competition: STGT 2k6 Prizes

Good luck everyone. :)

Thanks again to Super Laydock for this prize, as well as every other member offering prizes.
can i pre-emptively reject this prize on the basis that i don't have a genesis
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

DJ Incompetent - 3,923,110 - Drink & Fly - 4 - Carpet (S)

Cliiimb, cliiiimb, leaaarn, learrrrn... :twisted:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Well, I took one more shot at this, switched up a bit, and managed to at least meet my modest 3 mil goal...

BulletMagnet - Team Loser - 3,547,400 - 6 - Miyamoto(C)/Car-Pet(C)/Grass Hopper(C)

Might have even been able to go a bit farther, but I activated one of the ninja guys without even meaning to...someone's going to have to create a sprite of a guy with a mop to clean up my remains. :P
sven666

Post by sven666 »

thanx for the kind words guys :)

no improvement for me im afraid, sorry team - im out :( ill do better next time i promise. :arrow:
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Super Laydock wrote:Trust me when I say I would have been a premier candidate for D&F this week, not by score though.....

Shit in life upped the "d" for the fly though... ...
:lol: Maybe we should make it next year's Team Loser. It'd be fun to unite an international band of alcoholics

DJ Incompetent - 4,352,800 - Drink & Fly - 5 - Carpet (S)

Twiddle wrote:[1237.56] <BASHINET> AND I AM A COLLOSSAL FUCKBUCKET
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

GOODNIGHT

Twiddle - kusoteam - 6,553,830 - Stage 7 - Carpet (A) - [WolfMAME Japan Rev. B]

ImageImage

I kind of lost my will to live once i dropped the chain
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
landshark

Post by landshark »

Rob wrote:Landshark, why does your score say level 8? I'm confused, how many stages are there? I practiced through a few times and it ended after 7.
Exactly as Icarus explained it. Blackheart MK2 and BashiMK2 (I think) are separate stages. Thus instead of stage 6, it becomes 8.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
landshark

Re: 1 last game

Post by landshark »

DEL wrote:Image
DEL - 8,614,950 - ST7 - Strawman (A) - Korean PCB
I knew you couldn't stay down. Dirty DEL ;) Damnit, beat me by a few points. There's no way I'm gonna beat my 8 mil run anytime soon - don't even wanna try.

Nice job DEL.
Icarus wrote:Grah, I was out playing badminton with some friends this afternoon, and I'm so knackered I fell asleep for most of the evening, wasting a session. D'oh! ^_^;;
I've been ripping the 1st floor floor out of a house since 5pm. I don't really feel like standing in front of my cabinet right now ;)
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Well, I've officially had enough of this Garegga knockoff. I've played it more times than I care to admit, and all I've done is grow more and more frustrated with its cheap tactics to prevent you from getting medals, extends and such. Sure, it's got nice music and good graphics, but the maddeningly cheap tactics of perfect bullet placement ruin any fun this game may have contained in my book. Add in the annoying lisp-laden announcer, and I see no reason to play this game again.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

the only thing that's cheap about this game is bashinet, who has patterns that adjust themselves to the amount of bombs you have in stock (if you have at least one, he'll pull out the rotary guns in mk1, and GREEN TRACKING BALLS OF SHIT in mk2 and i don't know what his third form does but i bet its twice as cheap)

oh, and the medal dropping bonus game in highway Image
unban shw
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Then I must simply be getting the "luck of the draw" here. I've seen so many bullets that perfectly follow medals and extends all the way down, bullet sprays that lock you out of being able to get those objects, and I swear this game has to have a cold hearted algorithm. Reason being, that I've seen on numerous occasions where a medal appeared at the top of the screen, an enemy appeared on the opposite side of the screen's top at the same time, and the enemy fired bullets to the exact spot where you would be able to catch the medal before it went off the screen. That's either piss-poor luck on my part, or evil programming :lol:
coffeejoerx

Post by coffeejoerx »

The emulator that I that used Wolf mame plus 104. I do not obtain a better score that I had made.

I only to say congratulations to all members from Team Old Schoolers.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

The Coop wrote:Then I must simply be getting the "luck of the draw" here. I've seen so many bullets that perfectly follow medals and extends all the way down, bullet sprays that lock you out of being able to get those objects, and I swear this game has to have a cold hearted algorithm. Reason being, that I've seen on numerous occasions where a medal appeared at the top of the screen, an enemy appeared on the opposite side of the screen's top at the same time, and the enemy fired bullets to the exact spot where you would be able to catch the medal before it went off the screen. That's either piss-poor luck on my part, or evil programming :lol:
once you realize that a lot of the attacks are aimed and when medals appear you kind of learn to lead bullets away from the paths where the medals will be
unban shw
NRS

Post by NRS »

A very slight improvment :?

NRS - Team Loser - 2'553'700 - 4 - Carpet (A) (MAME)

Sorry team, I just can't click with this one for some reason (I have a feeling Psikyo week will be even worse for me...)

By the way, does anyone else see falling medals whenever you close your eyes?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

The Coop wrote:...evil programming :lol:
You hit the nail on the head there. As in most games which feature Medals of this type, learning to lead bullets away from them is a key skill in maintaining your Medals. And besides, the game gives you enough bombs to clear bullets away if you have to make that dash to get one. ^_-

Learning to anticipate the appearance of Medals is also important in the Garegga-styled trilogy. There is an item drop order, and the most important point of that order is that Medals always follow small Shot powerups. I already told someone in this thread about that as far back as page three or four. ^_-
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Icarus wrote:
The Coop wrote:...evil programming :lol:
You hit the nail on the head there. As in most games which feature Medals of this type, learning to lead bullets away from them is a key skill in maintaining your Medals. And besides, the game gives you enough bombs to clear bullets away if you have to make that dash to get one. ^_-

Learning to anticipate the appearance of Medals is also important in the Garegga-styled trilogy. There is an item drop order, and the most important point of that order is that Medals always follow small Shot powerups. I already told someone in this thread about that as far back as page three or four. ^_-
I read that, and used it. The problem was the pretty constant flow of enemies which resulted in a constant flow of bullets going to where it thought I was headed. Couple that with a small "S" appearing with a medal a split second later, both at the very top of the screen so that by the time it was viewable, it was moving full speed downward, and it was enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

As dumb as it sounds, I'm better at this stuff in Garegga. Sure, I've only played APB for a week now, but somehow Garegga and myself just seemed to mesh better than me and APB. Maybe it's mental, but I just couldn't get anything going at all with this game.

I'm just glad it's over with so I can get back to Under Defeat :lol:
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Garegga does not actively try to keep you away from a Medal until stage 6, but from stage 2 Batrider wants your chain gone through snipers and other questionable design devices.

Also, don't sweat about collecting excess items. It's not as bad as Garegga when you do that, and the game doesn't really throw that many of them at you.
Last edited by Twiddle on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
unban shw
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Hope there's still time...

crithit5000 - SBST - 2,787,570 - 4 - Strawman (A) (MAME)

This doesn't help my team in the slightest, but makes me look less poor. :x
now tighter than your sister
Rob

Post by Rob »

Disappointing games today. I'm going to take a break until Psikyo week.
Sword

Post by Sword »

I think i can do a bit better now, but unfortunately, i'm out of time.. :?
Sword - Team Stranger - 3.203.700 - 5 - Strawman (A) (MAME)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Randorama - 6,400,120 - 6 - Car-pet (A+B+C) - MAME (Jap b. version)

Bah.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
ill6

Post by ill6 »

Is it me or are a lot of these scores after the deadline...
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

ill6 wrote:Is it me or are a lot of these scores after the deadline...
I that too for a while, but it says 'The playing week ends on 11th September, 11:59 AM (GMT). ' which is 2 hours from now..
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
ill6

Post by ill6 »

I see... I quit playing 14 hours too early then!!!
Edge

Post by Edge »

Week is over! No more scores.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

DJ Incompetent - 5,172,700 - Drink & Fly - 6 - Carpet (S)

A thousand general profanities.

A thousand.
Rob

Post by Rob »

ill6 wrote:I see... I quit playing 14 hours too early then!!!
I wish I could say the same.
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

I wish I'd made more time to play this. The game was actually beginning to make sense to me, and holy crap it's fun. I can definitely see playing in the future. And maybe actually finding out how to enable guest players, while I'm at it...
"Can they really get inside my head?"
"As long as you keep an open mind."
Davey

Post by Davey »

shiftace wrote:I wish I'd made more time to play this.
Yeah, I actually spent more time on Blazing Star, despite liking this one a lot more. Oh well, busier week I suppose. I also wish I had started paying attention to rank way earlier. That's what I get for being stubborn and not reading up on strategy...
shiftace wrote:And maybe actually finding out how to enable guest players, while I'm at it...
Konami code at the title screen after inserting a credit. End it with AB to enable guest players, BA to allow identical characters.

Us doujin fans should have formed Team Cheapskate or something of the like.