Lightgun Games

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I wonder how people with PS2's play PS1 light gun games like Elemental Gearbolt, and the first two Time Crisis games.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

The "Gunvarl" Collection for PS2 is very good, I enjoyed it. It's got all three Point Blanks + Time Crisis. I've never played other releases of these games however so I can't make any comparisons.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

dave4shmups wrote:I wonder how people with PS2's play PS1 light gun games like Elemental Gearbolt, and the first two Time Crisis games.
Plug Guncon 1. Aim. Shoot.

No Guncon 2 support. Go ahead if you want to play with a pad.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Marc

Post by Marc »

Another vote for Virtua Cop 1. Just something about the pure simplicity of it that appeals to me, I mean even for a light gun game this is basic stuff. But I find the lack of distraction helps me enjoy the game more. And the multiplier system is utter perfection - straighforward enough to grasp straight away, frustrating and rewarding enough that nailing your high score is a genuinely enjoyable feat. I remember that the official Saturn gun was a joy to use as well, although the updated PS2 games with a GunCon were even better.

As for House Of The Dead 2, for me the the pace and design totally owns it's follow-up, which is a jerky, nasty port when eventually unlocked on Xbox HOTD3. Again, the official Sega DC gun was almost perfect.

Confidential Mission is pretty sweet as well.
D

Post by D »

Somebody please make a genre specific light gun game site with lists of all the light gun games all light guns and the theory behind the lightgun system (how it works) and what to look out for.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

dave4shmups wrote:I wonder how people with PS2's play PS1 light gun games like Elemental Gearbolt, and the first two Time Crisis games.
I have two GunCon 2's... Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone(both complete and boxed)
GunCon 2's wont work with a PS1 as they plug into the "usb" ports rather than the regular joypad ports.
I also have Time Crisis and Elemental GearBolt. I use a gun called the "Commander" and it features a multi port; so I can use it with Virtua Cop 1&2 on the Saturn, as well as House of the Dead 1.

BTW: Time Crisis 2 is on the PS2.(GunCon 2 gun)