Megaman Anniversary for Xbox

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Neon

Megaman Anniversary for Xbox

Post by Neon »

word. Comes out the 15th for a mere $20. I'm gonna preorder tomorrow. Anyone else picking this up?

I'm also curious as to the nitpicks on the general quality of the ports...I remember there was a ruckus over the gc version not having proper controls or something.
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

Is there anything different between this and the previous versions?

Oh, and I have the PS2 one. No complaints.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

I think the complaint with the GC port was that Capcom had reversed the jump and shoot buttons. They were probably mapped to the same lettered button as they were on the NES, but because the B button comes before the A button on a GC controller, lots of fans from the NES days found it hard to make the switch.
Jon

Post by Jon »

As much as I wanted to get the cube version I had to go with the PS2 rev due to the oft mentioned contol issue. Again though, no real complaints about the collection to speak of. I am going to be pissed if the XBOX version gets a bunch of exclusive extras though. Now where the hell is the Megaman Collection for the GBA!?!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have the GCN rev and a made the switch rather easily. That switched buttons thing is the only flaw of the GCN rev besides some differences in MM7 and MM8 that are also in the PS2 rev.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

The PS2 version has annoying black bars on the sides of the screen, at least for the NES games... and the chipmunk Mega Man 8 title voice present in both versions sounds ridiculous.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Ganelon wrote:The PS2 version has annoying black bars on the sides of the screen, at least for the NES games... and the chipmunk Mega Man 8 title voice present in both versions sounds ridiculous.
That chipmunk Mega Man 8 voice is in all versions and it's not just for the title screen. I agree that it sounds funky.