order from RS2006 - Sanwa buttons OBSN-30

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
destructor

order from RS2006 - Sanwa buttons OBSN-30

Post by destructor »

Hello guys,

About one month ago with my friend (kowal from this forum) we bought some arcade parts from RS2006.co.jp. Yesterday my friend begun install them in my sticks and he notice something strange.
Sanwa pushbuttons (OBSN-30) red and yellow have nuts from Seimitsu pushbuttons and no Sanwa logo on these pushbuttons.
Sanwa logo is on microswitches only.
Sanwa Pushbuttons are harder (like as Seimitsu) and higher about 0,5mm.
Sanwa can change pushbuttons format but not nuts (we think).
Kowal want to set pushbutton colors as in neogeo panels but he can't because they have different high and hardness.
Is it can be can be fraud or mistake made by RS2006?
What you think about it?

I made some photos.

Red button ordered as Seimitsu:

Red buttons ordered as Sanwa:

Buttons ordered as Sanwa Inside package:

Inside package yellow and white ordered as Sanwa, red and blue as Seimitsu (I notice that white are probably original Sanwa):

I know that someones from this forum ordered Sanwa pushbuttons from RS2006. How looks your Sanwa OBSN-30 buttons?

EDIT
Kowal look inside button. These have construction Seimitsu GNX buttons but switches are with Sanwa logo.

I still wait for reply how looks yours Sanwa OBSN-30 buttons ordered from RS2006.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Me and oxtsu ran into this exact problem with River Service a while ago. River Service kept saying that the buttons were the correct ones as ordered from the manufacturer and wouldn't exchange them, but they definitely look and feel different from the originals. oxtsu and I both agreed on this after a close comparison. I decided not to order any screw type buttons from them in the future since the snap in ones have never had this problem.
destructor

Post by destructor »

Oh, thanks for this info. They say that these are correct, hehe. Then why white buttons from RS are normal screw OBSN30 but other colors not.

I can add that on SRK forum we have information that these are old version OBSN-30 buttons:
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118797
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

First off all, just check if it says Sanwa somewhere on it. Second, measure the plunger on both off them, Sanwa should be 0,6mm thinner from the bottom than the Seimitsu.

Also, they could be VERY old.
destructor

Post by destructor »

They looks as new. Construction almost identical as Seimitsu PS14GN, the same size, but colors are a bit diffrent. Hole for microswitch is smaller than in Seimitsu. On microswitch is Sanwa logo.
Maybe Seimitsu and Sanwa bought buttons from the same producer early?