Component supergun problem (audio)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
EOJ

Component supergun problem (audio)

Post by EOJ »

Hi

I just bought a used d-lite component gun from ForeverSublime on the neo-geo forums. I've noticed two problems. First, there is no sound from my Ibara PCB. Another member here, Kiel, had the same problem with his d-lite supergun and ibara, he said d-lite said it was due to the audio attenuation circuit. He apparently sent it back to d-lite who fixed it for him. I've tried getting in contact with d-lite, but he seems MIA at the moment. Would anyone else be able to help me with this? Should I just find the attenuation circuit and rip it out??

Also, the blue on the component output seems a bit weird.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks. :D
Last edited by EOJ on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

My guess, the powersupply.

About the audio though, if you wanted to skip attenuation, which my friend likes to call the "bullshit"circuit, then just take the 2 speaker +/- wires and send them directly to a 8 ohm speaker. I think they are 10 and L on theloom. try not to reverse the polarity if possible.

Honestly, contact Dean if there's still an issue or ask someone else with even better knowledge :)
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

You know what, I just tried it on another TV and it works fine. No darker blue in the middle. Must be something with that particular TV, though I have no clue. It works perfectly fine through the component inputs with my PS2 and Xbox. Weird! Nice to know it's nothing wrong with the gun though. :D

Anyway, seems I just need to get the sound sorted out and I'll be set. Thanks for the help.