Sine Mora(Suda 51 shmup)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tigershark

Re: Sine Mora(Suda 51 shmup)

Post by Tigershark »

Deeply unhappy.

Bought the game for PC yesterday for a bargain price of £6 (with voucher) only to discover that I cannot use my ASCII pad as you can only use a xbox 360 controller. A quick Google revealed XBox360ce but I cannot get it to work with the pad.

I know this was originally a 360 title but if you're publishing it on a PC platform surely you have to take account that people will want to use their own pads!!

What bollocks.
onRAWR

Post by onRAWR »

Tigershark wrote:Deeply unhappy.

Bought the game for PC yesterday for a bargain price of £6 (with voucher) only to discover that I cannot use my ASCII pad as you can only use a xbox 360 controller. A quick Google revealed XBox360ce but I cannot get it to work with the pad.

I know this was originally a 360 title but if you're publishing it on a PC platform surely you have to take account that people will want to use their own pads!!

What bollocks.
What windows are you using? Playing it on Steam? Got latest drivers for your gamepad installed? Besides it's not the Games / Game dev's fault you are using some wierd gamepad mate :D jk
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Tigershark wrote: Bought the game for PC yesterday for a bargain price of £6 (with voucher) only to discover that I cannot use my ASCII pad as you can only use a xbox 360 controller. A quick Google revealed XBox360ce but I cannot get it to work with the pad.
Get Xpadder or JoyToKey. They map your controller to keyboard keys. I'm using Xpadder right now.

Sadly many games on PC these days aren't compatible with many controllers besides the 360 controller. Microsoft created a new program for the 360 controller, called "Xinput", whereas just about every other controller uses the oldschool "Dinput".
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

EDIT:

xpadder and JoyToKey did not work but managed to get xbox360ce to work.

Phew.

Game on!

Further Edit:

Okeydokey. Been playing this for about an hour I guess and I would sum up as follows:

Graphics: great
Pace: a little slow
Story: not very interesting
Worth the £6 I paid?: Absolutely
Will I be playing a lot?: Unlikely

I think in the end it's just too slow and trying to be too pretty. I'm not a bullet hell fanboy - I do like other kinds of shooters - but my initial view is that the pacing of this game isn't great which is a shame really.
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

Tigershark wrote:I think in the end it's just too slow and trying to be too pretty. I'm not a bullet hell fanboy - I do like other kinds of shooters - but my initial view is that the pacing of this game isn't great which is a shame really.
For me I feel like the pacing jumps around a little too much. I do like variety but sometimes the style and feel of different bullet patterns even within a single boss attack feel conflicted and not as much fun to play against if they'd been more cohesive. I like the game for the most part but am consistently put off by little bits here and there.
That said, it's sad to see it low on the sales charts. I was looking through the top downloads on XBLA just now.. it was around 400th, getting beaten by Jewel Quest, with Boogie Bunnies nipping at its heels. Wish there were more interest. Guwange and Ikaruga were not much further up the list.
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

So one of the Devs from Digital Reality added some additional options to tweak the graphics, I'll show them here, originally posted on the Steam forums.
Q: What are my options to tweak the graphics resolution/settings?
A: There are four new command line options you can use. If you're using steam, you can type these options into the "library/sine mora/properties/launch options" window. The switches are:

/forcewidth:N (forces N pixels wide internal rendering resolution)
/forceshadow:N (forces NxN pixels shadowmap, default is 1024)
/forceaniso:N (1..8, forces anisotropic filtering N, default is 2-4, depending on the surface)
/forceaa:N (2..16, forces anti aliasing quality, default is 4)

f.e.: "/forcewidth:4096 /forceshadow:4096 /forceaniso:8 /forceaa:16" - pretty much maxes out the game graphically, but feel free to experiment :) Removing the switches will revert back to using the in-game graphics quality settings.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/207040/di ... 847993602/
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Why on earth would they not make this a front end option?

Irritating.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Tigershark wrote:Why on earth would they not make this a front end option?

Irritating.
It's becoming common for ports from console these days. Dark Souls didn't have any way to adjust resolution until a fan modded it.

I think it has a lot to do with publishers putting forth very few resources for PC ports. Devs have enough time to get it working and that's it.

I'm just stoked this runs 60fps at 1080p+ on my pentium 4 machine.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Sine Mora is Teh Gey but the developers did something cool.

Here are instructions to build the ships Morenstein and Soprano from the game out of legos.

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php ... aShips.zip
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

On different formats, doesn't Change the fact that the gameplay is still terrible.
Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

i wont buy this game but i might buy some legos
<BEOWOOF> my lifes like battle garegga every time i kill man life becomes harder and the only solution to making things easier is killing ymself.
<SCRUNBABBY> my lifes like gwangs
<SCRUNBABBY> cause .. theres lots of wangs
exquisite_torture

Post by exquisite_torture »

The shooter for non-shooter fans and others who hate themselves.
Friendly

Sine Mora now available for PS Vita and PS3 ($9.99 on PSN)

Post by Friendly »

http://www.entdepot.com/2012/11/19/sine ... 3-ps-vita/

(mod edit - merged with main Sine Mora thread, deleted unnecessary reply by trap15)
BPzeBanshee

Re: Sine Mora now available for PS Vita and PS3 ($9.99 on PS

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Excellent! A PS Vita/PS3 port with even more additional ways for the developers to royally screw you over and make you want to rip your eyeballs out! :D
Kaiser

Re: Sine Mora now available for PS Vita and PS3 ($9.99 on PS

Post by Kaiser »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Excellent! A PS Vita/PS3 port with even more additional ways for the developers to royally screw you over and make you want to rip your eyeballs out! :D
Why bother trying to revive a dead genre if you can't even do it right, why not just *beep* off and do something that you can do properly?
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Weirdness: Apparently the PS3/PS Vita version contains Wilhelmina Muller from Under Defeat as a bonus character.

EDIT: Image
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Oh yay, you can finally play as a non-furry character I guess? >_>
ciox

Post by ciox »

we Under Defeat now.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Um, guys, I'm pretty sure that was planned and posted for a while now about the UD guy. I hate the game too, doesn't mean I stop reading about the new ventures.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

It's awesome to have that UD character in the game.
Now give me a retail release and I'll play with her. :mrgreen:
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

What's the best version of Sine Mora?
PC, Xbox 360 or PS3? Or there is no difference?
I have all 3 platforms and would like to choose the best version...
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Kobayashi wrote:What's the best version of Sine Mora?
No version. Get the demo first on Xbox Live to see if you dig it. I personally hate this game and wish it would just GO AWAY! It felt like I was just eating my own defecation off of a bald headed champ when I was done playing. American History X Style!
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Darkseed

Post by Darkseed »

I have the 360, PS3, and Vita versions of this game and the Vita version is by far my favorite.
The d-pad on the vita is the best I've EVER used.
The graphics might be a little less detailed but the small screen size makes up for that. I mean the game looks stunning in Vita. The cutscenes run at 30 fps but the gameplay is a solid 60 fps at vitas native resolution.

It's also surprising to see so many other people playing it when I check the Near app which lets me know what people in my area are playing.

EDIT: Zanac x Zanac is gonna be on the us psn this week. Can't wait to play that on vita!
Observer

Post by Observer »

It's for $3 atm on Steam due to a sudden sale. You might wanna pick it up for PC and use Steam BPM (Big Picture Mode aka "Comfy Couch Edition") and show it off to people. It's good to show off. As a shmup, I found it leaves a lot to be desired. The collision detection is driving me mad already as some objectives require you not to get damaged at all but most sections contain at least one part that's going to fuck you over big time with collisions.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Tokyo-J wrote:
No version. Get the demo first on Xbox Live to see if you dig it. I personally hate this game and wish it would just GO AWAY! It felt like I was just eating my own defecation off of a bald headed champ when I was done playing. American History X Style!
Yep. Couldn'tve said it better myself. If it wasn't so squashed screen/high performance/urrrggggh cutscene length/randomised/broken autofire/stupid trial lockouts it'd actually be half-decent, but alas, the devs seem to think that's where it's 'indie class' lies.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Definitely the PC version, for the same reason most ports are best on the PC (this generation that is).

You can set the resolution as high as you like, and set the internal resolution even higher. Then you can add as much anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering as your PC can handle. And you can use any controller you like as well.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Well, I got the PS3 version.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

If they ever make a sequel they should call it "Poopon Chester"
oboewan42

Post by oboewan42 »

After picking it up on sale (it's $3.39 on Steam until December 10), and playing just a bit of it, my current thoughts are:
  • Is it the best shmup I've ever played? No.
    Is it the worst shmup I've ever played? Hell No.
    Am I glad I bought it? Hell Yes.
    Am I glad I paid $3.39 instead of $10 or $20 on it? Absolutely.
Maybe I should try with an analog controller instead of my stick...
i'm bad at video games
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

You forgot the most important question.

Do you enjoy playing it? Is it fun?
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...