Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CStarFlare

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by CStarFlare »

I assume the licensing that prevented Nyu from getting Crimson Clover was related to the NESiCA release, not an overseas PC release.
I want to believe, but Trouble Witches (2007), which is way older than Crimzon Clover (2011), has got an XBOX 360 release and even a Nessica Live release but we've got no words about a PC upgrade.
Trouble Witches has a 2.0 patch. I don't think it really brings the game in line with its arcade release, but it was a pretty big upgrade. I think it was in the works at the time they were offered an AC release, but I'm not sure if it was released before or after AC.

Though I'm not really sure why anyone would expect an update to the PC game any more than they would expect a free Black Label patch for a Cave game.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Nyu Media weren't the ones getting the PC release, someone asked them on both Steam and their forums last year in February and they said "it's been picked up by someone else". That someone else has not come forward for a year since and I have the gut feeling it was all due to the Nesica port and now Yotsubane probably doesn't want to deal with licensing the PC version out to an overseas distributor or something. Of course, there's no damn way to know this because the company that supposedly has it is a mystery and I doubt even Nyu Media knows who it was. Carpe Fulgur maybe? They've had like no new games announced for a while since last year and maybe they want to make their next announcement a big one?

I'm really annoyed because I'd LIKE to own this game without importing it and the fact that this Nesica port happened has now probably ruined any chance of it making it overseas because Taito or some other company probably owns the full rights and doesn't want anyone to bother with even the now old PC version.
Last edited by Zeether on Tue May 14, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

adversity1 wrote:Late on this, but I'm afraid I don't have any info on how Unlimited is different in the arcade version. I looked for some videos but so far none are posted on nicodouga. I think people are focusing on Boost and Original for the moment.
Doesn't surprise me that people are playing Original and Boost, they're more approachable than Unlimited is.
adversity1 wrote:The ebisen stream is probably the best source for the other modes though: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31936601 Plus you get to watch ISO play. :)
Saw (and downloaded) that one on the day it appeared.
Zeether wrote:I'm really annoyed because I'd LIKE to own this game without importing it and the fact that this Nesica port happened has now probably ruined any chance of it making it overseas because Taito or some other company probably owns the full rights and doesn't want anyone to bother with even the now old PC version.
What? You can't afford thirty-odd bucks for a PC disc? ;p

- - - - -

Speaking of Unlimited, a number of tool-assisted replays of the PC version with the title 「【TAS】Crimzon Clover UNLIMITEDモード3.92兆点 TYPE-Z 」have appeared on niconico. At least we now have an idea of the upper scoring limit in Unlimited.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Icarus wrote:
Zeether wrote:I'm really annoyed because I'd LIKE to own this game without importing it and the fact that this Nesica port happened has now probably ruined any chance of it making it overseas because Taito or some other company probably owns the full rights and doesn't want anyone to bother with even the now old PC version.
Two words: shipping costs. Plus I'm a poor college student.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
trap15

Post by trap15 »

entitlement.txt
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

Shipping is like, $8 from Rancor. That's pretty good. So $38 total for a kickass game.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Thjodbjorn wrote:Shipping is like, $8 from Rancor. That's pretty good. So $38 total for a kickass game.
Jup, considering the quality of this game, it's not too much.

Ah, all this talk about Crimzon Clover really whets my appetite to play it again. :)
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Deca

Post by Deca »

Man my copy has been sitting on my desk for over a year, I keep looking at it and thinking I should play it.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
cools

Post by cools »

ciox wrote:
Acid_Rain wrote:Could anybody translate the pre-game options? The menu displays only question marks because of the language. :roll:
Check this out: http://eldominiko.deviantart.com/art/Cr ... -192132955
This guys Deviantart account is no longer alive. Does anyone have the english translated 101 launcher exe they can upload somewhere?
KAI

Post by KAI »

cools

Post by cools »

Must've scrolled past that, and Google didn't find it either.

Many thanks.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Zeether wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Two words: shipping costs. Plus I'm a poor college student.
stop whining. you can get the game for under $40 with shipping.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

There are lot of things more important to buy for a poor student than a videogame. Even so, every dollar less that CC would cost would make less painful buying it for someone poor.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Depending on where you live, shipping can be a deal breaker on a lot of things. Fuck living in Australia, shipping prices double the price of some things...
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Brasseye

Post by Brasseye »

£3 classic Techno record £5 shipping.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Brasseye wrote:£3 classic Techno record £5 shipping.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Deca wrote:Man my copy has been sitting on my desk for over a year, I keep looking at it and thinking I should play it.
I'll buy it off your hands if you don't want it,
said the guy a half hour from A2.
1up

Post by 1up »

Does Crimzon Clover on PC have some kind of joystick recognition or is it keyboard only? I tried playing the game with a hori vx-sa and joy2key and it works great but if I use my custom stick that's modded with a dual strike v3 I can't move the ship and shoot at the same time?
KAI

Post by KAI »

I'm sute it has joystick recognition, works fine with my DS2 via usb.
1up

Post by 1up »

KAI wrote:I'm sute it has joystick recognition, works fine with my DS2 via usb.
hmm, maybe I should try it without joy2key. It did feel like the game and joy2key was fighting eachother.

Is there some way to up the resolution? 720x480 is a weird res for widescreen. On my screen it's not full but with a black border on the right side? For now I just play full screen 4:3 mode. (the middle option)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

1up wrote:Does Crimzon Clover on PC have some kind of joystick recognition or is it keyboard only? I tried playing the game with a hori vx-sa and joy2key and it works great but if I use my custom stick that's modded with a dual strike v3 I can't move the ship and shoot at the same time?
Try to plug the stick in AFTER launching the game.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
KAI

Post by KAI »

1up wrote:Is there some way to up the resolution? 720x480 is a weird res for widescreen. On my screen it's not full but with a black border on the right side? For now I just play full screen 4:3 mode. (the middle option)
Forget about Full Widescreen, it doesn't work.
1up

Post by 1up »

Ok, after tinkering with the dual strike for about an hour I finally solved the problem. This thing has a ton of options and I needed to download a configurator to make it work. It can work as a PC controller, PS3 stick, XBOX1 stick and mame keyboard.

The problem was that the stick is default set to POV hat. Crimzon Clover doesn't recognize that, but the buttons worked. If I used joy2key to make the pov hat the games joystick detection and joy2key were fighting eachother over priority.

With the configurator I set the dual strike to pc controller and the stick from pov hat to left analog.

Now Crimzon Clover detects the stick, no problem, and I don't need to use joy2key for my modded stick :D

Sad to hear that there's no res hacks...
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

On a different message board, someone was saying that the arcade version of Crimzon Clover was getting a PC release this month. Seems a bit unlikely to me. Any Japanese-speakers want to check the recent announcements here? - I suspect they might have misunderstood something...

http://yotsubane.blog99.fc2.com/
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I don't see anything about a PC release on there, just news about the soundtrack and a version upgrade to the arcade game scheduled for 6/6.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
rancor

Post by rancor »

DocHauser wrote:On a different message board, someone was saying that the arcade version of Crimzon Clover was getting a PC release this month. Seems a bit unlikely to me. Any Japanese-speakers want to check the recent announcements here? - I suspect they might have misunderstood something...

I think you're referring to the 5/30 post where he says that the PC version is currently out of print. Reprints will be back on store shelves June 10th.
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

rancor wrote:
DocHauser wrote:On a different message board, someone was saying that the arcade version of Crimzon Clover was getting a PC release this month. Seems a bit unlikely to me. Any Japanese-speakers want to check the recent announcements here? - I suspect they might have misunderstood something...

I think you're referring to the 5/30 post where he says that the PC version is currently out of print. Reprints will be back on store shelves June 10th.
Ah, that sounds like it. They did mention a 10th June date. I'll let them know...
abcabcabc339

Post by abcabcabc339 »

Can someone please teach me how to use the 1.01 patch correctly?
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

It is really straightforward:
  • -Copy patch .exe anywhere
  • -Execute patch .exe
  • -Click Next
  • -Click Next again
  • -Enter the proper destination path where you already got ver 1.00
  • -Confirm eventual overwrites
  • -Done
The game should run fine now I assume, if the 1.00 ran fine anyway.

About the setup Window, I just get ???? for most parts, where kanji should be.

Top option is window, fullscreen, weird fullscreen (dunno exactly what it does, but shit looks blurrier here)
Middle one is bit depth, I guess this you could change as well, see if that helps.
Bottom one is V-Sync, top selection is on.
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

Are there versions of the game that are already patched?