Takahashi Meijin's crowdfunded shooter: Star Gagnant

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lemnear

Re: Takahashi Meijin's crowdfunded shooter: Star Gagnant

Post by Lemnear »

Steven wrote: I still can't believe that someone actually made a modern game that specifically wants you to mash. Mashing started to go away around 1992~1994 or so for a reason, which is because it's bad and pointless.
Isn't something like "an old heritage" that should be honored? :lol:

For some reason i want a Meme Topic for Takahashi Meijin only...is charming and magnetic in a way that i can't understand :|
pulsemod

Post by pulsemod »

we had an "games better without autofire" topic in this forum a bit ago which obviously devolved into people arguing whether or not autofire was cheating, but there's some legit discussion in there too. you'll see that most people prefer autofire but there are a few outliers who see mashing as essential to the genre for their own reasons.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Played the demo and the need to mash the fire button relentlessly made my wrist hurt after a few minutes. Not a fan of that mechanic. Very unfortunate since this looks to be the best looking Terarin game presentation-wise. Their other games just seem so dull to look at.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Steven wrote:I still can't believe that someone actually made a modern game that specifically wants you to mash. Mashing started to go away around 1992~1994 or so for a reason, which is because it's bad and pointless.
It's this kind of weak-minded thinking that will hold you back from ever becoming an STG Meijin and manifesting your true power.