Mushi Futari BL Japanese vs International "Another Ver"

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Mushi Futari BL Japanese vs International "Another Ver"

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Bananamatic wrote:i think the big counter does nothing except for rank and showing whether to use shot or laser
I was always under the impression that the overall counter does have an effect on gem value, i.e. gem value is based on both the current stage counter as well as the overall counter. I could be wrong here.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

It would be nice to know the formula.

If the big counter does nothing, I imagine people would die/bomb at the end/beginning of stages to reduce rank. I've never seen that suggested.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

The reason I was under the impression that the overall counter affects gem value is because I did some basic tests in the Xbox 360 Training Mode at stage 5 in Original, testing how quickly score goes up depending on what your overall and stage counters are. It could be that my observations were mistaken, or that 1.5 is different from BL in this regard.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

BL does have the 100k bonus or whatever so it does affect it in a way but it does seem to have a cap

in 1.5 it actually does nothing i think, try setting the stage counter to max in Ultra and total counter to zero, then set the total counter to max and there's no difference

either way in both modes it's far from "game long chaining" that requires you to no miss or lose a ton of score