SCART Switch/Splitter Recommendation

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lettuce

Re: SCART Switch/Splitter Recommendation

Post by lettuce »

rCadeGaming wrote:Give me a few days, I'll post up a thread about one of these switch boxes I've customized, with pics and explanations and such.
Ill look forward to the thread
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Only problem I'm having is when I plug in my RGB modded PC Engine Duo-R I can only use it
With the cheaper SCART blocks, what tends to happen is that the components inside the other scart cables affect the signal, so you might have caps or resistors on another cable that then become part of the circuit no matter what you are using. You can even power up other consoles with the voltage that leaks across.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
chadti99

Post by chadti99 »

BuckoA51 wrote:
Only problem I'm having is when I plug in my RGB modded PC Engine Duo-R I can only use it
With the cheaper SCART blocks, what tends to happen is that the components inside the other scart cables affect the signal, so you might have caps or resistors on another cable that then become part of the circuit no matter what you are using. You can even power up other consoles with the voltage that leaks across.
Thank for the info Bucko, I went ahead and pluncked down the change for a decent switching solution. Went with the double combo pack of Scart Commanders from Keene electronics. Now I just gotta buy all new cables, or rewire my existing ones.

BTW, what is everyone using to run electrical to all your old gaming rigs? Probably not a good idea to leave everything plugged in but maybe there are power strips with manual cut off switches for each outlet?
Ji-L87

Post by Ji-L87 »

chadti99 wrote:BTW, what is everyone using to run electrical to all your old gaming rigs? Probably not a good idea to leave everything plugged in but maybe there are power strips with manual cut off switches for each outlet?
I use a couple of these Brennenstuhl Power Managers. Each plug got it's own switch and there's a master switch as well (looks like this from the front). If you're not from Europe (or just don't have that kind of plugs) there's also the these things, which I've been meaning to buy to replace an existing similar (but smaller) solution I have. Just haven't gotten round to it yet. :mrgreen:

If you're from the UK....then I don't know :oops:
CHECKPOINT!
rCadeGaming

Post by rCadeGaming »

lettuce wrote:
rCadeGaming wrote:Give me a few days, I'll post up a thread about one of these switch boxes I've customized, with pics and explanations and such.
Ill look forward to the thread
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to tidy some things up before sharing. Here it is:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43992
Xan

Post by Xan »

I've been looking into SCART switches recently and found this roundup: http://www.videogameperfection.com/2011 ... h-roundup/

The author gives the Keene SCART commander a 9/10 rating and calls it close to perfect. Looking at his picture gallery for the unit, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who notices that the image is noticeably blurrier with the switcher, not to mention that it's off-center. The product isn't exactly cheap either, last one on ebay went for a staggering 89 GBP.