Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
evil_ash_xero

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Yeah, playing ESPGaluda II is easier playing for survival. I didn't mean score.

This seems just a shade less hard than DOJ, which I consider the toughest of all CAVE games.
ratsflif

Post by ratsflif »

mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Top Hat engaged.

The wait was worth it.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Strider77 wrote:I really like this game, but I do think it's a bit over hyped. It's not my favorite cave game and it's not in my top 3 either. But I do like it just like any cave title, never met one I didn't like.

Yeah, I had a hard time seeing it living up to the kind of hype it's been getting over the years also.

It's good though.

It's not in my top five, but that's really not a put down considering the quality of some of their games.
Schrodinger's cat

Post by Schrodinger's cat »

Man, a good amount of top players aren't uploading their replays. :x 5pb should have did what M2 did with Futari and make it mandatory that the top 20 upload their replays to get on the leaderboards.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

dmauro wrote:
Special World wrote:
dmauro wrote:I forgot to mention this earlier, but feel free to use the restart option on the first level: it does not keep your score from going on the scoreboard, and you can even still submit your score to XBL if you're playing an XBL game. I haven't tried it on other levels, but I'm going to assume that won't work.
Thank fucking GOD.
The funny thing is that this is the sort of game that I am much less prone to immediately restart than something like ESPGaluda II, so it's almost wasted on me.
What? If my boxcounter is less than 600 on the first midboss, i restart :mrgreen:
szycag

Post by szycag »

Replays aren't automatically saved for top players? I wonder if that's because people complained?
That is Galactic Dancing
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Yeah, I had a hard time seeing it living up to the kind of hype it's been getting over the years also.

It's good though.

It's not in my top five, but that's really not a put down considering the quality of some of their games.
I'm still loving it though... I keep playing it. My opinion is growing on it. The old school cave flavor is nice and it's simplicity is nice. It's tougher than I thought... as far as scoring goes. It might wind up in my top 5 after all. My top 3 to 5 list always changes after a year or so though.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Jockel wrote:What? If my boxcounter is less than 600 on the first midboss, i restart :mrgreen:
It's because the way the system works, you don't get totally punished if you're not doing your run just perfect. Galuda II for instance, if you mess up something simple on the first stage, it can mean the difference of a ridiculous amount of points. Ketsui is much more intuitive and easy to get back into a rhythm if something goes wrong. One of the many reasons this absolutely does live up to the hype for me.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Man I hope this isn't as hard as DOJ I can't get past the third level in that shit, fuck that game's hard as balls.

Galuda II is too hard for me as well, though I do play for score.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Battlesmurf wrote:I did kind of expect this board to blow up from all of the Ketsui love (I really hope it moves enough copies!). I hope that it just seems kind of quiet because not alot of people have gotten theirs in the mail yet.
Have this game lolis?
Cool!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

third_strike wrote:
Battlesmurf wrote:I did kind of expect this board to blow up from all of the Ketsui love (I really hope it moves enough copies!). I hope that it just seems kind of quiet because not alot of people have gotten theirs in the mail yet.
Have this game lolis?
Cool!
This game is especially lacking in lolis. Sorry :P
ex.machina

Post by ex.machina »

Does anyone know what it takes to unlock all the config EX options in arcade mode? Do they unlock automatically after some time or do you need to achieve anything special? So far I got like the first 3-4 of them unlocked.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

If it's anything like DOJBLEX, they will eventually all time release. Of course, this doesn't preclude other methods of unlocking...
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

ex.machina wrote:Does anyone know what it takes to unlock all the config EX options in arcade mode? Do they unlock automatically after some time or do you need to achieve anything special? So far I got like the first 3-4 of them unlocked.
Like StarCreator said, they'll unlock after a specific amount of playtime. After about 8 hours or so everything should be unlocked.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

My boss domination continues. Took down the final first-loop boss with only one bomb this morning. "Demo Label" has given me such a leg up on everyone's patterns. Stages continue to beat my ass though, especially 4 and 5.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Special World wrote:Man I hope this isn't as hard as DOJ I can't get past the third level in that shit, fuck that game's hard as balls.

This game may be too hard for you. It's tough.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

I thought the hellichoppahz were going to transform into lolis?
:?

please tell me there is some sexy hidden in the second loop.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

evil_ash_xero wrote:
Strider77 wrote:I really like this game, but I do think it's a bit over hyped. It's not my favorite cave game and it's not in my top 3 either. But I do like it just like any cave title, never met one I didn't like.

It's good though.

You guys just don't get it yet.

But you will.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Special World

Post by Special World »

evil_ash_xero wrote:
Special World wrote:Man I hope this isn't as hard as DOJ I can't get past the third level in that shit, fuck that game's hard as balls.

maybe, but that doesn't mean i wont play the fuck out of it
clp

Post by clp »

Special World wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:

Special World wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:

well then you should become quite good at the game if you keep up that ethusiasm for playing , guess you didnt play doj much?
Special World

Post by Special World »

Yeah, I had a burned copy for PS2 which only worked on my roommates PS2.

And the 360 version I havent played much because I've been playign a lot of Futari and Galuda II.
ex.machina

Post by ex.machina »

Kiken wrote: Like StarCreator said, they'll unlock after a specific amount of playtime. After about 8 hours or so everything should be unlocked.
I must have missed that. Time to play more this weekend then, it's really a fantastic game.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

StarCreator wrote:So I'm left wondering... What -does- the "Ketsui Bomb" EX option do?

And it does seem that achievements continue to track even with EX options set, so this is conceivably another "easy" 1000 points like DOJBLEX was, with very little skill... just takes lots and lots of grinding.
Not true, you have to 1CC X Mode with both ships for one of the secret achievements. And there's no EX options in X Mode.
Udderdude wrote:This game is especially lacking in lolis. Sorry :P
Totally. This game is a major sausage-fest with a bunch of gay-looking guys.

Anyway, this game is fucking great, I've been playing it all day.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

So what's the deal with replays on the leaderboards. Someone said that you don't have to submit your replay, but I just checked on my score and I was able to download the replay of my own playthrough even though I told it not to save locally (whcih I thought would mean it wouldn't upload). Since there are only two dialog boxes I thought they were 1) Do you want to upload your new high score? and 2) Do you want to save the replay? I really don't give a shit if it uploads my replay, just a little curious. I'm all the way down at #85 and constantly getting pushed back despite scoring higher because more and more people are getting their copies, so it really doesn't matter whether my reply is there or not (but it is cool that it's not limited to the top 20).

Also, when you pause during a replay it says as one of the options "Back to repaly archive." :)

I finally got that damn 1up in stage 3. I take it you can't bomb OR die to get it in addition to breaking every part of the ship? Do you also need to kill all the other ships coming from the top left?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

dmauro wrote:I finally got that damn 1up in stage 3. I take it you can't bomb OR die to get it in addition to breaking every part of the ship? Do you also need to kill all the other ships coming from the top left?
No bomb, kill the whole battleship, but just save the midsection to last (killing the midsection immediately will mess it up). The hardest part is to really get the whole tail section.

Man, I miss this game so much. Fucking douche-volcano.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

You actually can die and still get the 1up, I've done it on the arcade version.

Unless I was just hallucinating that I got it. o_O
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

dmauro wrote: Also, when you pause during a replay it says as one of the options "Back to repaly archive." :)
shit, at least it doesn't say rapelay
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

adversity1 wrote:
dmauro wrote: Also, when you pause during a replay it says as one of the options "Back to repaly archive." :)
shit, at least it doesn't say rapelay
your best post out of 648 *applause*
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Udderdude wrote:You actually can die and still get the 1up, I've done it on the arcade version.

Unless I was just hallucinating that I got it. o_O
No that's right, you can die as often as you want.
I love dying two or three times to get ONE extra life :mrgreen: