Bayonetta (PS3/360)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
ZOM

Re: Bayonetta (PS3/360)

Post by ZOM »

Still waiting for my copy....it's on hold 'til they can ship 3D Dot Game Heroes. :cry:
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:It's such a shame that P* and Sega mangled the PS3 version of this game. My choice of consoles down the line has just been made much harder. Get a PS3 and play God of War 3 & Bayonetta or get a 360 and enjoy a slightly better version of Bayonetta and forget about GOW 3
That's basically your choice.

I concur that the original X360 version looks somewhat better than the PS3 port. But I can only notice the difference in still shots (though trailers aren't as good quality as playing the game yourself, so it might be well noticeably in motion as well).

But 38/40 <-> 40/40 is enough difference to ditch another game you look forward to just to play the slightly better version of another? :?
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

But I can only notice the difference in still shots
it's quite visible in motion.... maybe if you are playing on a low def TV the PS3 version will come across as very close, the textures should look the same that way.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Strider77 wrote:
But I can only notice the difference in still shots
it's quite visible in motion.... maybe if you are playing on a low def TV the PS3 version will come across as very close, the textures should look the same that way.
Haven't played the game or seen irl the game on any console so my observations were purely based on gametrailers quality stuff, i.e. less than perfect.

So won't argue with your comments as you're probably more than right. :mrgreen:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Still waiting on my fucking copy.

In the mean time, at least I still have a dick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuQGWRmpEw#t=1m29s
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Elixir wrote:Still waiting on my fucking copy.

In the mean time, at least I still have a dick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuQGWRmpEw#t=1m29s
Quite an astute observation.

And quite divine...
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=485

Bayonetta's sales numbers for the first week are out. PS3 version = 138,000 / 360 version = 66,000. Ratio remains almost unchanged from the first day, though tipping slightly higher in the PS3's favor.
:lol:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I unlocked gradius "guns" in the game. They look like the orange options and when used in your hands they shoot the blue lasers but when equipped on your feet they shoot the ripple beams.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Strider77 wrote:I unlocked gradius "guns" in the game. They look like the orange options and when used in your hands they shoot the blue lasers but when equipped on your feet they shoot the ripple beams.
Has anyone posted screens/movies of those anyplace? I'd love to see 'em (if you're not just pulling my leg).
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Strider77 wrote:when used in your hands they shoot the blue lasers but when equipped on your feet they shoot the ripple beams.
:o

Just checked mail; P-A finally shipped my Bayonetta & 3D dot game heroes copies. :D
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

I watched some guy play it yesterday on Livestream.

The Outrun/Afterburner tributes were fantastic, although it's kind of weird how the game goes from like an 1800s era setting to some neo-1950s world with cars and trucks...also I thought the air force base bit would be a fitting Afterburner tribute stage instead.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I am for real about the gradius guns.... I'll try to find a vid but youtube has been removing alot of the extra content videos at sega's request.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

agustusx wrote:I hope the exclusive preorder item isnt the ebgames/gamestop posters... Anyone know for sure
This site has first photos of "Climax Edition" AU pre-order extras. Hardcover artbook, soundtrack CD, replica pistol w/stand, collector's packaging.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Strider77 wrote:I am for real about the gradius guns.... I'll try to find a vid but youtube has been removing alot of the extra content videos at sega's request.
Smart move. If people put up videos saying "look how cool this Sega game is, you gotta play it," the only logical thing to do is to waste time eliminating this free publicity.

It's hard to believe these guys ever had financial trouble.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Strider77 wrote:I am for real about the gradius guns.... I'll try to find a vid but youtube has been removing alot of the extra content videos at sega's request.
I just unlocked these today (you have to complete Hard Mode). They kinda do resemble the Gradius ship cosmetically and they fire blue lasers.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Haven't played the game or seen irl the game on any console so my observations were purely based on gametrailers quality stuff, i.e. less than perfect.

So won't argue with your comments as you're probably more than right. :mrgreen:
it's an fantastic game either way.... but it's quite nice looking at 60FPS and with sharp textures, but don't let that keep you PS3 owners from buying a great game.
I just unlocked these today (you have to complete Hard Mode). They kinda do resemble the Gradius ship cosmetically and they fire blue lasers.
put them on your feet for the ripple gun.

has anyone unlocked the grenade launchers? I know they are there but I haven't found them yet. I am missing one piece of the record for them. I know I have one part of it from chapter 9.
Last edited by Strider77 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Dumb question: How do you change the claw's attribute? (fire -> thunder)

BTW, love the game - combat system leaves any DMC and clone in the dust.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

if they are on your hands do a 360 with the punch button, if on the feet then use the kick button instead when doing the 360.

This game is easily game of the year for me.... I have 48.00 hours logged into it all ready.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Strider77 wrote:has anyone unlocked the grenade launchers? I know they are there but I haven't found them yet. I am missing one piece of the record for them. I know I have one part of it from chapter 9.
I have 2/3rds of the LP for this weapon as well. I have a feeling that the remaining third is awarded for beating an Alfheim Portal. Which is why I'm focusing my current play through simply on locating all of the Alfheims.
TLB

Post by TLB »

All this discussion of how awesome the game is tempts me to preorder it with money I don't really have >_>
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

m3tall1ca wrote:All this discussion of how awesome the game is tempts me to preorder it with money I don't really have >_>
Well, that's what I did. :oops:
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Strider77 wrote: This game is easily game of the year for me.... I have 48.00 hours logged into it all ready.
ZOM wrote: BTW, love the game - combat system leaves any DMC and clone in the dust.
This is exactly what I have been hoping to hear. Mind you, I enjoyed DMC but always thought there was a lot more potential.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Pringer

Post by Pringer »

Strider77 wrote:has anyone unlocked the grenade launchers? I know they are there but I haven't found them yet. I am missing one piece of the record for them. I know I have one part of it from chapter 9.
The pieces are all in chapter 9. One you get from a fight, one is behind the wall marked with a sun to the right when you first land in the fountain area (this is before the first fight). The final one is just past the Gate to Hell where the Golem is trying to squish you and you're platforming. There a section of light bridge that curls off to the left when the golem is chomping away again (this particular one is cheeky and has an extra crush that catches you if you're impatient), this piece of bridge isn't fully solid and routinely drops you. If you jump off that bridge there's a section with some statues beyond it (you can use crow form and just fly over there). There a fight if you break the statues, and at the end of the path there's another destructible wall with the last record piece in it.

The only things in the portals are heart and moon pearl pieces. They're completely optional in that regard.
I dream of the day when I stop asking questions to which I regret learning the answer.
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

I've completed all the achievements and cleared the game multiple times, but I'm still playing just to unlock everything. The achievements in this game are pretty easy and not that bad compared to the requirements for the unlockable stuff.

From what I've read on other sites, the conditions for some of the bracelets/weapons and extra characters are quite time-consuming: like 100+ cleared chapters, 10M halos, Platinum ranking all chapters, etc.

Still, I think this is probably the best original title (not a sequel) that I've played all year. Even though it's very similar to the DMC series, it has enough differences to make it unique.
The only things in the portals are heart and moon pearl pieces. They're completely optional in that regard.
The Alfheim Portals are like hidden verses. So if you're playing for rank, your chapter score will be affected if you skip over them.
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

not usually one for all the LTD edition tatt. but I really want my Scarbrough fair gun!

only confiremd for the ausies so far. but i think and EU/US release would rock.
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Finally got my copy of the game.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

You sure waited long enough, 'lix. Was it worth it? :)
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Haha congrats. And I thought p-a took long to ship my copy of the game...
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Game is graet fun, up to Chapter 6 now. I don't like the events where you're forced to press a specific button or die outright, but apart from that it's enjoyable.

Worth the wait. Although I shouldn't be expected to wait 20 days for something to arrive from Hong Kong, ever.

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Edge just scored this 10/10.

Thats only about the 7th or 8th game in their history.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.