Recently Purchased SHMUPs

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
noisuf

Post by noisuf »

Since my earlier post, I have now got a few extra pcbs...after the massive spending spree, I'm now officially on a pcb acquisition hiatus... :oops:

Ketsui is very tempting though... :?

Raiden DX
Strikers 1945 II
DDP
Raiden Fighters Jet
DDP DOJ
Battle Garegga
Batrider
Batsugun
Non shmup but loving it is my childhood fav, Altered Beast
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

i would trade all of these pcb's for ketsui...no homo
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Casey120 wrote:I hate how they put the disk face down like that on the desk to make that picture but still , .....not a single tiny scratch .
Yeah. Sellers always do that. It irritates the fuck out of me.

Anyway, let me know if you want to sell it sometime.

Latest purchase uh, well, I bought Batsugun off YJP but it hasn't arrived yet.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Today !

Gunbare tengoku :

Trigger Heart Exelica EL

ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Heavy Weapon atomic tank via PSN...awesome. reminds me of nam 75
Fight Like A Robot!
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

noisuf wrote:Since my earlier post, I have now got a few extra pcbs...after the massive spending spree, I'm now officially on a pcb acquisition hiatus... :oops:

Ketsui is very tempting though... :?

Raiden DX
Strikers 1945 II
DDP
Raiden Fighters Jet
DDP DOJ
Battle Garegga
Batrider
Batsugun
Non shmup but loving it is my childhood fav, Altered Beast
Wow, nice haul. I too picked up Raiden DX. 8) I also got that Ultimate Shooting Collection for Wii and RFA for 360.

Why did I get these when I already have all of these games already? I guess I pick things up when they're easy to find, so I don't have to struggle when the need arises later. I guess. :? In any case it will be nice to see the original Raiden DX and compare it to the PS1 port. One of my all-time favorites.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

professor ganson wrote: Why did I get these when I already have all of these games already? I guess I pick things up when they're easy to find, so I don't have to struggle when the need arises later. I guess. :? In any case it will be nice to see the original Raiden DX and compare it to the PS1 port. One of my all-time favorites.
Ultimate Shooting Collections is great, I like the port better than the DC port seeing how it looks better on my TV.

you can't go wrong with Raiden Fighters either~
noisuf

Post by noisuf »

professor ganson wrote:Wow, nice haul. I too picked up Raiden DX. 8)
Thanks professor...it took a little while, a bit of patience and a slight premium to get some of these.

Raiden DX is one of my favourites, but DDP has got me a bit addicted atm. :oops:

I just need to mount these to some backboards to make them more sturdy to minimise chance of damage...
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

recently got DDPDOJ for PS2.

just purchased DDP for Saturn from eBay literally minutes ago.

I wanna get all the Cave shmups ported to console, barring 360 exclusives since I don't have a 360, let alone an import capable one so I guess that leaves me with:

DonPachi
Mushihimesama
Ibara
Espgaluda

am I missing any?
Erik

Post by Erik »

Finally my Salamander Deluxe Pack for PS1 arrived! And while I was just at it and had some extra ca$h to spare, I picked up Raiden Project as well.

I just love the amount of detail that has gone into the graphics of Raiden II. The big explosions of the larger enemies and bosses, which crash down on structures, the shrapnel and pieces which are coming of the smaller enemies, it is all perfectly executed. And a lot of fun too.

After the confrontation with the first two walker bosses in Raiden II, I realised I played this game in the arcade ages ago and was deeply impressed with the mass destruction in the game. At that time, I never had thought it would be possible to play such a game on a home console in perfect recreation.

Yeah, probably you guys already played this game a zillion times but I just received it. Both games are great!

BTW : As far as I can see Raiden DX is just Raiden II with some extra options? So ... worth the purchase?

BIL

Post by BIL »

Erik wrote:BTW : As far as I can see Raiden DX is just Raiden II with some extra options? So ... worth the purchase?
Definitely worth picking up. The added scoring systems and stages add a ton of depth and replay value; it's far more than a minor upgrade. This review sums it up well.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Jawohl , schiessen mit einer hand !

Sehr gut .... :!:
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

Got Ketsui Death Label in the mail......enjoying getting my ass handed to me on very hard......
versionfiv

Post by versionfiv »

Soldato J wrote:Got Ketsui Death Label in the mail......enjoying getting my ass handed to me on very hard......

hehe, I love it. =] death label mode is nuts!
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Casey120 wrote:Jawohl , schiessen mit einer hand !

Sehr gut .... :!:
Like those piano pieces composed for Wittgenstein's one-handed brother.
cools

Post by cools »

Bill wrote:
Erik wrote:BTW : As far as I can see Raiden DX is just Raiden II with some extra options? So ... worth the purchase?
Definitely worth picking up. The added scoring systems and stages add a ton of depth and replay value; it's far more than a minor upgrade. This review sums it up well.
I wholeheartedly agree. Raiden DX is superior to Raiden II in every way. The additional scoring options will punish and reward you in ways Raiden II simply can't.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Just did my first game shopping since the holdiday's when I got Yakuza and Indigo Prophecy. Today I scrambled through a used games shop for a while and got these for $75. Not a great deal but not bad either.

Contra Hard Corps
Sub Terrania
Elemental Master
Truxton (cart only)
Beyond Oasis
Chakan
Eternal Champions SegaCD
In the Hunt
Darius Gaiden (brand new!)

Started off with Truxton which basically ate me alive until I started memorizing the first couple levels, enjoyed it a bit before moving on to Elemental Master which is a lot easier and quite fun despite progressing to the 5th (last?) level before wasting all my credits not figuring out how to kill the Dragon (okay I get it now, wait for mouth to open). This will probably be my summer gaming in a nutshell, unless I splurge on a jpnPS2 and some cave, or a jpn360 and some cave, both cases I feel are extremely unlikely.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Raiden Fighters Aces x 2

I got the game a few weeks ago. Spotted a copy at Gamestop and just couldn’t wait for the Amazon copy to arrive. Now I have two.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Raiden Fighters Aces x 2

I got the game a few weeks ago. Spotted a copy at Gamestop and just couldn’t wait for the Amazon copy to arrive. Now I have two.
I do the exact same thing.... I have two copies of GGX and a few other games lol
FIL

Re: Recently Purchased SHMUPs

Post by FIL »

I found a used copy of FORMER THE SHMUP EVER Gradius V today.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Thanks to RGC for :

And in the mail :

Kubrick

Post by Kubrick »

Mamoru-kun LE
piotre

Post by piotre »

zero gunner 2

..thanx gunbird18
:mrgreen:
Diebythesword

Post by Diebythesword »

Just got Cho Aniki on the JPN PSN 8)
Erik

Post by Erik »

Further expanding my shooters collection for the PS consoles. Focusing on budget titles lately, I purchased the following titles:

Taito Legends 2
Superb, as recommended by many. Darius Gaiden, G-Darius, Gekirindan and Raystorm are my favourites on this package.
Best thing is that it only cost me EUR 11 including shipping from the UK, new and sealed. I can hardly imagine a better deal for a PS shooter fan!

Capcom Classics Collection 2
A bit of a let-down compared to the shooters on the earlier purchased Taito Legends 2. Not that the games are really bad, but the screen conversions for the horizontal scrolling games suck on PS. I had high expectations of both 1941 and Varth, but the small screen display on my (regular TV) screen is bad. This can't be stretched to satisfaction using the game's options. The 'solution' of adding a border with the game info next to the playfield does not help either.
No clue why they just can't create a full screen on those vert scrolling games, like Gekirindan for example, or just add a decent full screen option like in Raiden Project. I have no option to turn my TV in awkward positions, should anyone wonder BTW.
Overall, also taking in account the other games, not the worst package available though, got it for only EUR 13 new and sealed.

Strikers 1945 II
What was holding me back on getting this title for PS was the earlier mentioned (vert) screen issue, which I read about in the review on the site. However, recently I am exploring more vert plane shooters which lots of visible destruction. So after experiencing Raiden, Storm Blade, Battle Bakraid and the Strikers series I decided to pick this up for only EUR 15 (new). After all, shooting down awfully big planes in flames should be fun on any screen
conversion right :) Let's see, game should arrive tomorrow.

Current wishlist
Lots of titles remaining for PS, with a few more costly titles thrown in. I guess I have to be patient ... Please do not PM for any of the games, should you consider selling them, I can't afford them at the moment :shock:
Donpachi, Dodonpachi, Dragon Blaze, Gaiaseed, Gradius III & IV, In The Hunt, Raiden DX, Raiden III, Silpheed, Strikers 1945 and later on more import titles like Thunderforce VI etc.

Cheers!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Erik wrote:Strikers 1945 II
What was holding me back on getting this title for PS was the earlier mentioned (vert) screen issue, which I read about in the review on the site. However, recently I am exploring more vert plane shooters which lots of visible destruction. So after experiencing Raiden, Storm Blade, Battle Bakraid and the Strikers series I decided to pick this up for only EUR 15 (new). After all, shooting down awfully big planes in flames should be fun on any screen
conversion right :) Let's see, game should arrive tomorrow.
Just fyi, the Japanese PS1 version of Strikers 1945 II has full TATE (vertical screen) display. It's dead cheap thanks to a budget reprint from Success, and a very nice port too.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Thanx to Almighty !

ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I just bought Sengoku Blade (sat) and Radirgy (dc). I was making some progress in the former, then a few days ago I whacked my hand against something at high speed. Since then my thumb is a bit fat and purple -_-; I guess there's a disadvantage to having only a control pad and not a joystick...
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I'm currently downloading Mega Black Label for DeathSmiles from Xbox Live. That's quite recent, right? :P
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

emphatic wrote:I'm currently downloading Mega Black Label for DeathSmiles from Xbox Live. That's quite recent, right? :P
The download is already out??? Man and I just got my 360 too