Ketsui - Arcade and X360 Arrange

Emuser

Re: Ketsui - Arcade and X360 Arrange

Post by Emuser »

x91 wrote:Just amazing, Good job! Looks like we share something in mind. My ultimate goal is an URA clear too, yet I still don't see how I can finish this.

My latest progress is 401mil, ended moments before 2-5 Evacaneer. Then the game center brought SDOJ in, and it has taken Ketsui's nest for sometime.
:O That is a horrible time to take out Ketsui when you're so close to clearing...are you going to be able to play it again anytime soon?
x91

Post by x91 »

ResumeDPosition wrote::O That is a horrible time to take out Ketsui when you're so close to clearing...are you going to be able to play it again anytime soon?
I don't know. It's been two weeks since I last played Ketsui.

I spoke with one of the employees when he got SDOJ up and running, he said Ketsui will be back later(and take ESP G2 off), but he couldn't tell a specific date. Sigh.

So I spent all my time there on SDOJ from that point on... And didn't beat it in the previous two weeks :(
The newer version of Chinese Leaderboard is here! Check it out :>
Gus

Post by Gus »

Awesome work, Emuser!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Sweet Lord! Congrats!!!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

nasty - 60,516,251 - 1-4 - tiger schwert MAME

I feel stage 1 and 2 are just hand-holding, 3 says "Are you ready, Man?", 4 and onwards its just "We gotta take your balls..."
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
man9child

Post by man9child »

The longer you play the further back your "we gotta take your balls" point gets. Mine used to be the stage 3 midboss and it's now probably at the descent in stage 5.

The beginning of stage 4 still catches me unawares every once in a while though, even now, with those aimed shots.

Also, the compete level in this thread is ridiculous. Every time I get a new score that would move me up a place on the current score board, I'd probably drop in the next update anyway because so many new people have moved up above me.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

No shit! Ketsui and Ikaruga boards here are insane. You have to learn the game inside and out and have thousands of total shmup-hours under your belt just to have a chance of being in top-20. :(
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

first time i played ketsui, i remember i got till stage 2 end boss, but with a score of around 5mil i guess coz i didnt know how the scoring system worked. so that said not playing for score the first 2 stages is pretty easy (was suprised i didnt die coz the hitbox is very small compared to DOJ, rammed into a bullet just to check if i could really die). then i learned the system- proximity shot kill for 5 chips, cash in timer with lock, then proximity air lock for big enemies, milking and timing bosses, other tricks like 1up on stage 3 midboss, etc... this made the first 2 stages whole lot more tougher if going for score. this game is just one big adrenaline rush, my favourite shmup right next to DOJ and Hellsinker.

One fine day i hope to make a game like this myself...
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

S.S - 270,585,635 - 2-4 - Panzer Jager - MAME
Replay (Shmupmame 2.2)
My first (and to this date, only) ura run. Could've scored ~10 more millions if I haden't screwed up in 2-2 :(
dinosaurjerk

Post by dinosaurjerk »

ResumeDPosition wrote:Hello shmups...

Emuser - 330,296,150 - Ura 2-ALL - Panzer Jager - MAME
wowzers
RIP TEAM FORKS AND MY AMAZING 18TH PLACE SHMUP PLACING, BUT I'M LEAVING THE SIG IMAGE ANYWAY
oops my sig imagine got replaced with an itunes ad
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Sweet semen of baby jesus
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

... Well holy shit. I'm not sure there are even words to describe that achievement.

Man, where do you even go once you can Ura 2-ALL Ketsui? MushiFutari Ultra? >_>
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Touhou, obviously.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Late to party, but congratulations to ResumeDPosition! :D
BTW, Last edited by zakk on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 am, edited 96 times in total.
LOL I wonder when zakk will give this to someone which cares about updates. :|
Gus

Post by Gus »

Giest118 wrote: Man, where do you even go once you can Ura 2-ALL Ketsui? MushiFutari Ultra? >_>
Honestly, Ketsui Ura is probably harder than Futari Ultra.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Gus wrote:
Giest118 wrote: Man, where do you even go once you can Ura 2-ALL Ketsui? MushiFutari Ultra? >_>
Honestly, Ketsui Ura is probably harder than Futari Ultra.
Until Larsa, that is
man9child

Post by man9child »

I'm not that familiar with Futari Ultra so I'm kind of talking out of my ass, but having to do the entire first loop perfectly to even get a crack at Ura should tip the scales, no?
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

It definitely does on the PCB, but it's not quite as big a problem anymore with savestates (and I assume the 360 training mode but I haven't played the port), which let you practice special round without needing 20 minutes of perfect play every time. You still need it when you're doing The Run but it's still not the same.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

I'm very unfamiliar with Futari, but after seeing that livestream of the guy who cleared Futari Ultra the other day, I literally shat myself at Larsa. Maybe its because I barely know anything about Futari or that I haven't seen Larsa much at all, but it just looked like an onslaught of nonstop bullets flooding the entire screen more than I see in most TLBs in a manner that leaves all but the most minimal amount of spaces to squeeze in. Bombing also being truly nullified entirely with Larsa makes her a bit harder to conquer than Doom, since you can technically hurt Doom with bombs on its first 2 forms if you bomb it up close(the only reason I can beat the 2nd form before the pink needles bullets from behind begins)
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

The thing about Ketsui is that it has way fewer bullets, but each one is used in a more calculated way such that each bullet is significantly more dangerous. MushiFutari Ultra, on the other hand, just ejaculates all over the screen with vaguely floral purple death. It's two very different kinds of hard.
man9child

Post by man9child »

I just came dangerously close to getting into the TSUUJOU loop for the first time. I've started trying to keep track of how many bombs/lives I use. For whatever reason that is an added stresser. Anyway, one stupid death on the stage 3 boss, 1 bomb on the stage 5 midboss, and then 3 panic bombs during the descent and one at the Panzer Jagr clones set me up with a shot (albeit a small one) once I got to evacaneer. Of course I die on the first pattern. :lol:

I think that's the closest I've come, though. Run didn't set me up with a new high score or anything, but I'm making progress.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Cagar - 101,920,374 - 1-5 - Panzer Jager - MAME
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

GJ, actually working on scoring now.

You might get me back into this if you can beat my 145m.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

RNGmaster wrote: if you can beat my 145m.
Just a moment...
EDIT: no lemme sleep first
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

MrMonkeyMan - 388,022,871 - 2-5 Ura - Tiger Schwert - X360 Arcade

I was hoping I would clear this before I bothered to post a score, but my first loop success rate is miserably low. The replay is on the leaderboards for anyone with the 360 version.
x91

Post by x91 »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:MrMonkeyMan - 388,022,871 - 2-5 Ura - Tiger Schwert - X360 Arcade

I was hoping I would clear this before I bothered to post a score, but my first loop success rate is miserably low. The replay is on the leaderboards for anyone with the 360 version.
Back with an amazing score! Did you meet DOOM? btw how much can you get in the first loop?
The newer version of Chinese Leaderboard is here! Check it out :>
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

If I ever have a really good first loop it would be around 240 million. Usually I get about 230 though which is what I had on this run. I didn't see Doom either, a stupid death on Evacaneer cost me my chance.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Truly a legend.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

MrMonkeyMan - 395,664,446 - ALL URA - Tiger Schwert - X360 Arcade

I'm still having trouble breathing. I honestly couldn't believe it, asshole Tiger Schwert clone ran off with my 1up in 2-5, but I was too determined to win.

I should thank trap15 for his arrange of the game that got me playing again and ResumeDPosition and XnoZero for proving to me it's possible to win.

I'll see about getting the replay recorded for those of you with out the xbox port.

Edit: Replay is up on youtube.

First loop
Second Loop
Last edited by MrMonkeyMan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

AMAZING dude, congrats!!
We are holding the secret power of shmups.