Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Stevens

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Stevens »

BulletMagnet wrote:Tracking a game you ordered in the mail and seeing it arrive at your town's post office...

...then, for reasons unknown, get routed to a totally different post office...

...then to a sorting facility, where it sits idle for the better part of a week...

...until it finally arrives...with the familiar rattle of a dislodged disc in its case.
You don't live in Brooklyn too by any chance:D?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Next state over, though I wouldn't be too surprised if the game was closer to you than it was to me at some point in its journey. :P

Moreover, upon closer inspection I also noticed dents and cracks in the cover art around the spine...bleh.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

null1024 wrote:windows 10 is utter garbage and MS keeps changing shit and breaking shit
Yeah, this is part of why I restored my laptop back to 7 a few weeks ago - I had just spent several hours being stuck downloading some massive "creator's update" that was largely shit I don't care about, and then after it all finally was applied my tablet monitor's drivers got borked. I mean, I guess I could've tried reinstalling them first, but really that wasn't the first time I've had to try and fix broken software after one of those painfully bloated updates. Hilariously, some of the really early updates for W10 would actually break some of the default MS apps like Photos :lol:
Of course, the other, more important part is that some of my music software and hardware is just too old to work right in 10, but yeah I'm definitely not going to miss stupidly long updates that you can't opt out of or even so much as delay for a more convenient time and then having to see what programs broke and redo random settings like color adjustments or what program to use for each file type etc etc :roll:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I loathe Windows 10 with a passion. Never had it on my pc/laptop outside of the single day I tried it on, before reverting back.

I really, really like Windows 7. Not saying it's the best OS ever but to me it's just comfortable and cozy, and LOGICAL and is a continuation of XP and the such. It feels like a good standard to me, one that does not need to be retooled. When it's gonna stop being supported in january 2020, I'll be a very sad panda. (it'll still be useable I'm sure but I'm gonna have to start looking for a new OS either way). Still have 2 full years of support so I'll cherish that while it lasts I guess.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
drauch

Post by drauch »

Windows 10 is definitely a nightmare. Each update is a roulette of what it might fuck up next, but I've learned to live with it at home for the most part, as most of the really shitty bugs have been ironed out (monitors going out, random restarts, frozen mouse), and now I'm just having weird audio problems where the volume adjusts on its own.

From an IT standpoint it's even worse due to all the bullshit like the XBOX app, which is even included in Enterprise. Can't even change a lot of group policy settings in other editions, and the bundle garbage game apps and other needless junk reinstalls after updates. They keep pushing it back and back because nobody is ready to deal with it, which is why a lot of businesses are still sticking with 7 for as long as they can. But processor architecture is changing, so that's not always an option. Not looking forward to it.

Once all strange anomalies are gone I could like it to an extent, but it's embarrassing with the amount of pre-bundled bloatware that you get just for installing it.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

When an article about geology and/or archaeology randomly mixes BC (calendar) and BP (radiocarbon) dating systems.
It's either careless copypasta by the layman, or nofucks2give jargon by the original author, in both cases it can be misleading for the reader.
Pretty douchey.
There's examples of miscommunication like that in so many aspects of everyday life today that I can't help and despair at times, just like when I visit my accountant, or get trapped in a conversation about soccer n shit.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

When it's necessary to take apart a laptop in order to remove the display assembly, so one can separate the bezel and thus access the LCD. Can't they just secure the bezel with some screws so I can replace the panel without having to end up with a bucketful of spread parts that have nothing to do with the repair at hand?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

CAVE OSTs being removed from youtube.
:x
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Game music unexpectedly being removed from Youtube in general is really annoying, I agree. :?
For that reason, I tend to download every track I may listen to again as soon as I can.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Well ,that's inevitable, unless the owners upload them themselves.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

M.Knight wrote:Game music unexpectedly being removed from Youtube in general is really annoying, I agree. :?
I get that it's annoying, but "unexpected"? That content the uploaders don't have the rights to gets removed? Most of them even have the guts to monetize those videos, which is pretty detestable.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

It is slimey, yeah.
Still, I'm not bothered by a side-bar ad. It's the video ads that interrupt the music that'd really piss me off if it wasn't for adblock..
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

When you are used to listening the track, the removal comes off as unexpected, but you're right, it makes sense indeed.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Blinge wrote:It is slimey, yeah.
Still, I'm not bothered by a side-bar ad. It's the video ads that interrupt the music that'd really piss me off if it wasn't for adblock..
yuck, switch to ublock origin.
emphatic

Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by emphatic »

When you listen to a recorded Q&A and only the person answering has a microphone. Especially when the questions are long and complicated.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

That's rule 1 of doing a Q&A. Always repeat the question being asked. Even if the person asking the question was given a mic. Usually they don't know well how to use it, or maybe they have strange dialects or weird ways of talking that will make it difficult to decipher on a recording.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:That's rule 1 of doing a Q&A. Always repeat the question being asked. Even if the person asking the question was given a mic. Usually they don't know well how to use it, or maybe they have strange dialects or weird ways of talking that will make it difficult to decipher on a recording.
Thanks for the advice, might come in handy someday, for me at least.
dingsbums

Post by dingsbums »

I wanted to come in to say how much I hate the FORCED updates on Windows 10.
Glad to see other peeps around here don't like it either :) .

I deactivated the updates in the "Drivers" menu but this stupid "Update Client" installes itself again every fucking time
I start up my Laptop :evil: :evil: :evil: . It doesn't even bother asking if I want that download it just starts downloading :lol: .
I deinstall it everytime though :) .

My Laptop works perfectly fine right now and I don't want this stupid Windows 10 update (which is stuff I don't need & don't care for in the first place) to fuck it all up (and I know from past updates that it fucks something up)

I don't get it: How does MS think it's a good idea to force something down the consumers throat ? All it does to me is => I consider it everyday a bit more to go back to Windows 7 (which was a perfectly fine working OS) and trash that Windows 10 (which is nothing more than Windows 7 with this stupid app / touchscreen OS on top of it) bullshit out of my life.

Thank god I still have the recovery DVDs for Windows 7 :D .

End of rant :wink: .
https://twitter.com/Madstalker80
Skykid wrote: Get ready for the big bad world to fuck you up the ass in ways you never believed possible.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Yeah, before I restored my laptop I looked into if I needed to worry about it auto-upgrading to 10 on me. Ended up finding and using something called GWX Control Panel
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/
BIL

Post by BIL »

Professor G's channel got nuked between post edits just now. :lol: RIP BRO

Great job defending the honour of obscure emulator rips, copyright dudes. I hope tomorrow you bite down on a peanut M & M which is actually a candy-coated blasting cap which found its way into your bag through a hilarious series of unlikely events and it blows your fucking eardrums out.

Regs Dr Biruford. 凸(`ω´メ)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Why is it never the channels that add all the fake stereo and reverb shit to their recordings? What a travesty. Fuck youtube.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

For some reason I got it into my thick head that I wanted to mod Oblivion with hi-res textures packs, UI upgrade etc.

Too fucking stupid to get it working. It will not display the new textures.
Wasted the best part of an evening on this.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

EmperorIng wrote:Why is it never the channels that add all the fake stereo and reverb shit to their recordings?
Because the automated copyright flagging bots don't detect them. Very rarely are any of these takedowns done manually.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Bizarrely quiet, mousy person on other end of important phone call. I know they can hear me just fine, they took that sixteen-digit account number, full address and retarded security question like a champ. Excellent service that end. I cannot hear the detailed instructions he is giving me, sadly. Is this weirdo cocksucker afraid people will stare at him over the telephone if he quits mumbling at his shoes? After politely explaining the call quality issue and requesting they speak up three times, to no volume increase or even acknowledgement of said requests, the fucking Christ can you do?

That's right! Hang up, post this message while you wait, and hope for someone not hiding in a broom closet from their strange phobia. Maybe there was a psycho killer stalking the office just now and they really were in a broom closet, that is how I'm assuaging my Little Annoyed Hell Du Jour. -_-

EDIT: har har! now they're closed until Weds.
Spoiler

TLDR: I was owned by a sperg over the phone
drauch

Post by drauch »

Was gonna have myself a JOLLY GOOD CHRISTMAS TIME at the soul-crushing office today because I was supposed to be by myself. Then strolls in the boss to ruin all my fun of making detailed notes of the side-scrolling action thread. Humbug.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Pls don't get fired, that would be a terrible legacy for Edmond's scrub rage. 3;

(my usual technique is to keep the browser all business and write stuff in notepad when the man's not looking :wink: )
drauch

Post by drauch »

Ah, classic ninja technique!

I've actually got a wee bit of technology on my side as I'm in charge of the office cameras, so I see and know all--and when they're coming. 8)

NOBODY GETS BY ME.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

People stupidly saying in public they mistreat animals, which is now a public crime here, and then getting arrested and saying it's all fabricated lies. :roll:
This reminds me of a quote from the 2004 game Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines:
"We're living in the age of cellphone cameras. Fuckups ain't tolerated!"
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Youtube channels where the game is practically inaudible. I've been watching this playthrough of a Doom wad with a mod that I can't get working on my end, and I swear to fucking god, the game keeps getting quieter and quieter with each video! At this point I can only hear gunfire and the guys voice.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

The fact that I haven't found a bluetooth speaker that will sync with any of my computers. Why only with cell phones? (All drivers are up to date, no drivers from the speaker manufacturer are available. I've covered every possibility)
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.