Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Xyga

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Xyga »

Actually they've called this morning because the part just arrived and the work was finished just hours ago.
guigui wrote:the average time for having a wood heating facility installed in a house is 18 months, you started up way too late for this winter :/
WATT? :shock:

About 5 months for me. I was lucky then, it seems. ^^
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

All those ripoffs of Cuphead swarming the Google Play store. Starting from the generic endless runners with clipped, low-res and altered assets from the game, following with the ones that took sprites from the characters, to some that could be decent games on their own, but that flat out took sprites and backgrounds from the original game.

And the fuckers who demand that you give them a 5-star review before they send you the "activation" code to play "Cuphaed Advenuture".
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Xyga wrote:Actually they've called this morning because the part just arrived and the work was finished just hours ago.
guigui wrote:the average time for having a wood heating facility installed in a house is 18 months, you started up way too late for this winter :/
WATT? :shock:

About 5 months for me. I was lucky then, it seems. ^^
Ah I see you're located in EU. I am in France, France is slower you know.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

guigui wrote:Ah I see you're located in EU. I am in France, France is slower you know.
EU for European Union, et je suis français également. Or were you joking? :mrgreen:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Specineff wrote:All those ripoffs of Cuphead swarming the Google Play store.
Cuphed Flappy Angry Birdz Edition incoming.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I know I've said this one before, but let's play streamers who ABSOLUTELY SUCK AT GAMES!

I'm looking for footage of the new imperial guard DLC for Sanctus Reach and all these stuttering jackasses are horrible at the game. "Oh, I'll just put all my guardsmen IN FRONT OF the cover when I know from the briefing that a rampaging horde of melee-oriented orks are going to charge my position. And I'm going to shoot my artillery so the 3x3 area effect square only covers half the ork squads bunched up in a 3x3 spot. And my tanks? I'm going to not only have their barrels pointing the wrong way in overwatch, I'm going to park them with their vulnerable rear armor exposed."

Please tip!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

When someone in a discussion introduces information that squarely invalidates someone else's argument but is ignored. Apparently facts are overrated.

Case in point, see Rygar9's comment below
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

When your phone wakes you up in the middle of the night with an extremely vague and unhelpful amber alert.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Does your phone alert you about amber?

I guess one can never be too careful.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

FinalBaton wrote:So glad I stuck with Windows 7. I like that OS quite a bit and I'm gonna be sad when I'll be forced to make the switch to another OS. I absolutely loathe windows 10
Yeah, I made the mistake of upgrading my laptop to 10. Every once in a while I think about using my system recovery disk to go back, but the longer I put it off, the more data I'd have to back up before doing so, which makes me not want to actually get around to it, furthering the sunk-cost fallacy. :oops:
Thing is, I have this audio-interfacce + midi controller thing from Line 6 which I got for my old XP laptop, and while the updated drivers are rated for 7, they aren't for 10. It still technically works, but it does completely bork every once in a while. Not sure how much better it (and the rest of my music stuff) would work in 7, but I guess I might have to gamble on it eventually. Though it'd suck if it turns out that some of my other stuff works worse in 7 than 10, if that's even possible at the moment :lol:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

A followup to my previous Photobucket complaint: I finally get off my duff, sign up at a different uploader, and attempt to start moving at least some of my stuff over...except that Photobucket is now such an ad-riddled hellscape that I can't peruse my albums for more than a minute or two without my browser freezing. It's like they're holding my images hostage.

...and at least one of the sites I want to link my images to tells me that imgbb is not an "approved host" - but Photobucket, which no longer allows linking images unless you pay them several hundred dollars a year, is. :evil:

EDIT: Oh, and if any image in your account is still linked somewhere, the site will only show the "upgrade to premium" image if you try to view, let alone save it, so unless you hunt down wherever the thing is linked, get rid of it, and wait for Photobucket to catch up, you can't access any of those images even from within your own account. :evil:
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

BulletMagnet wrote:A followup to my previous Photobucket complaint: I finally get off my duff, sign up at a different uploader, and attempt to start moving at least some of my stuff over...except that Photobucket is now such an ad-riddled hellscape that I can't peruse my albums for more than a minute or two without my browser freezing. It's like they're holding my images hostage.

...and at least one of the sites I want to link my images to tells me that imgbb is not an "approved host" - but Photobucket, which no longer allows linking images unless you pay them several hundred dollars a year, is. :evil:

EDIT: Oh, and if any image in your account is still linked somewhere, the site will only show the "upgrade to premium" image if you try to view, let alone save it, so unless you hunt down wherever the thing is linked, get rid of it, and wait for Photobucket to catch up, you can't access any of those images even from within your own account. :evil:
It's an absolute clusterfuck of epic proportions, for sure.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

*tearfully extends fist toward sky* That which does not kill me...

While I'm here, allow me to add dishwashing machines that do such a poor job that you basically end up washing and drying everything by hand anyway.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Sumez wrote:Does your phone alert you about amber?

I guess one can never be too careful.
It's the phone equivalent of the emergency broadcast system. *beeeeeeeeep*
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Opening cans of paint
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

drauch

Post by drauch »

Oh man, but that *POP* sound when you get it open...
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

When you search for a movie title on Netflix, and it gladly pretends that whatever you searched for doesn't exist, but curiously comes up with a bunch of other suggestions with vague relations, such as the same actors, themes, etc.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:When you search for a movie title on Netflix, and it gladly pretends that whatever you searched for doesn't exist, but curiously comes up with a bunch of other suggestions with vague relations, such as the same actors, themes, etc.
YES, THIS SO MUCH: :x
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Doesn't that normally happen because the movie used to be on Netflix, but was later delisted?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm pretty sure it also happens with movies that were never on there, but it doesn't really make a difference. :)
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Code: Select all

$ pamditherbw --help
pamditherbw: Use 'man pamditherbw' for help.
$ man pamditherbw
No manual entry to pamditherbw
$
I almost yelled audibly. Not providing anything on --help [you know, like even just what options are accepted] is insane.
The extra dumb thing is that the netpbm team isn't too fond of man pages, so they're not generated/installed by default, since they prefer help in HTML format, so sending the user to the man pages that aren't likely to be installed is absurd.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

The best is when a program's only help is an online Wiki that barely has any pages filled out.
I don't get how someone can spend all the time in the world coding a program and then not spend an hour or two making a basic help document. :|
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Unfortunately I wasn't born early enough to live by myself with my own personal internet connection, whereas now whenever I try to play an online game I'm getting lag spikes out of the ass because everyone is trying to watch Netflix, torrent movies, call their relatives via Skype, and watch YouTube videos on the same fucking network. What happened to the good ol' telephones and DVD movies?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

My dentist tried to tell me that it's better idea to take out my wisdom teeth as opposed to just filling in the cavity on one of them. They've been barking up that tree for ten years since they first started coming in, and everything's been fine so far. I doubt filling in a cavity back there is a big deal.

Also, I find it odd considering I had just told them that my this is my last appointment with them since they don't cover my new insurance plan that starts next month.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

What's the problem with that?
I had two wisdom teeth removed due to a cavity in one of them (the other one removed just because it was opposite to it - it was completely healthy and the dentist had a hell of a tough time pulling it out).
Fixing it like that is easier and cheaper in the long run, since you really don't need your wisdom teeth anyway, and they are the teeth that are most likely to fuck up again in the future.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Wifi was working on my raspi a few months ago, when I last bothered using it. Now it's not.
Absolutely nothing has changed in the meantime.
mamboFoxtrot wrote:The best is when a program's only help is an online Wiki that barely has any pages filled out.
I don't get how someone can spend all the time in the world coding a program and then not spend an hour or two making a basic help document. :|
this so much
Documentation is ridiculously important.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Eminem . . . .

First time I heard this character back in the day, I lost a bet on whether he was a joke artist or not.
To me, he sounded like a Damon Wayans skit.

White rapper my arse.
Squeaky voiced, scowling, self absorbed cretin.

I firmly believe that he was a test by the music industry, to see how far they could take their foolishness and it just got out of hand.

And now he is being pushed again? FML.

There are two types of people in the world.
Those who have watched 8 Mile and those who have not.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Eminem is better at weeding out shitty white trash than ICP. I can't believe it when people talk about it like they respect him. He pretty much made a name of himself from acting like a douche.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

windows 10 is utter garbage and MS keeps changing shit and breaking shit
Nothing like firing up a machine and spending 10+ minutes trying to get it out of tablet mode (which was never explicitly enabled), despite it having no touchscreen or anything.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Tracking a game you ordered in the mail and seeing it arrive at your town's post office...

...then, for reasons unknown, get routed to a totally different post office...

...then to a sorting facility, where it sits idle for the better part of a week...

...until it finally arrives...with the familiar rattle of a dislodged disc in its case.