Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
ryu

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by ryu »

Why's Pulstar out on PS4 only when the Switch got Blazing Star...
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Insomnia.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

The condition or that one website we all know and love? :lol:
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

Mischief Maker wrote:Insomnia.
Same, the previous week I lost my proper cycle due to crunches on a project and now I can't return to that after a couple of weeks.
Is not healthy to going to bed at 5:00 am.
ryu

Post by ryu »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:The condition or that one website we all know and love? :lol:
It took me a few moments to realize he probably didn't mean the condition .

Only on shmups.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Actually I did mean the condition.

Sorry to disappoint.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Streaming sites losing Halloween themed movies right before Halloween and getting them right after. What the heck?
MX7

Post by MX7 »

BrianC wrote:Streaming sites losing Halloween themed movies right before Halloween and getting them right after. What the heck?
Assuming distributers can rely more on physical sales at this point. You just reminded me it's ime to pick up some Arrow BluRays on sale!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

MX7 wrote:
BrianC wrote:Streaming sites losing Halloween themed movies right before Halloween and getting them right after. What the heck?
Assuming distributers can rely more on physical sales at this point. You just reminded me it's ime to pick up some Arrow BluRays on sale!
Well, it worked. I ordered a couple Criterions on sale at Amazon, The Blob and Cat People.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Speaking of that : there's a very substantial Universal Monster movie collection(Universal Classic Monsters: The Complete 30-Film Collection) that would satisfy my Universal Monster needs, but it's DVD only : (

Really wish it was on Blu Ray. And it's not because the films need to be re-scanned and remastered : they all already are, as far as I know. So why not put it on blu ray then? I don't get it : (
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

FinalBaton wrote: Really wish it was on Blu Ray. And it's not because the films need to be re-scanned and remastered : they all already are, as far as I know. So why not put it on blu ray then? I don't get it : (
I don't get it either. Most of the movies are available in separate sets, and that set seems to be the only one without a Blu-ray version. I ended up getting the EU set with Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Invisible Man, Creature From the Black Lagoon, and the 40s Phantom of the Opera since it's region free and cheaper than the US version of the same set and the US version of the set without Creature From the Black Lagoon and Phantom of the Opera.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

British/Americans calling Vasco da Gama Vasco da Gama, but Fernão de Magalhães Ferdinand Magellan.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Others may have posted this before, but here it goes: When Google updates an app and the update ceases working, flooding you with "Unfortunately, Application X has stopped working" messages. OVER. AND. OVER.

Fixed by rolling it back, yes. But it's Android we're talking about, not freaking Windows Vista.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm not sure why anyone would expect Android to do anything better than Windows Vista?
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Because it's not Vista?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

So I've got my shiny new Nintendo Switch .. and no games, because Canada Post decided to shit themselves and ship my Friday pre-order to another city. "Routing error lol". I'm almost tempted to just go buy a physical copy and just return it when it finally shows up, probably on Tuesday.
GeorgeMcFly

Post by GeorgeMcFly »

People, usually women, expecting me to reconfirm an answer that I've just given.
The answers are always in nature.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Youtube keeps recommending garbage from people I'm not subscribed to and putting it in my notifications.
This wouldn't be so bad, except it's almost universally garbage that probably wouldn't show up in my usual front page recommendations.

I could turn it off, but it's the fact that it's so bad at it that's annoying me more than anything else.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

null1024 wrote:Youtube keeps recommending garbage from people I'm not subscribed to and putting it in my notifications.
This wouldn't be so bad, except it's almost universally garbage that probably wouldn't show up in my usual front page recommendations.

I could turn it off, but it's the fact that it's so bad at it that's annoying me more than anything else.
If you use Firefox, get a script extension like greasemonkey and install the youtube center developer build script. There is a self contained extension, but it's broken.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

You do nothing with your days. Sure, the 17 hours spent listening to music, getting bandcamp yum codes and sorting tracks by tempo is doing nothing with my week. And people wonder why I don't really tell my family the music related things I do.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

People who use autism as an insult.

People who make me WANT to use autism as an insult.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

lilmanjs wrote:You do nothing with your days. Sure, the 17 hours spent listening to music, getting bandcamp yum codes and sorting tracks by tempo is doing nothing with my week. And people wonder why I don't really tell my family the music related things I do.
I'm pretty sure that for most people, if you're not going outside, working, interacting with other people, or being "productive", you're doing nothing.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

GeorgeMcFly wrote:People, usually women, expecting me to reconfirm an answer that I've just given.
Yes, that is irritating - makes me think I'm speaking to a vegetable.
More Bromances = safer people
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

85% of our leftover Halloween candy has peanut butter in it, which I'm allergic to. fml
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Microsoft removing or putting a paywall behind features in windows 10 updates. The DVD player thing is especially annoying since it only has basic functionality and doesn't even work for many people. At least there's the regular version of the VLC media player. Another example is the built in games from Windows 7 being removed when upgrading to 10.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

I was bit annoyed that I had to download an app on xbone to play blu ray/DVD, because for some mad reason it isn't standard functionality, but at least it was free - the Win 10 DVD player costs £12 for some reason! Is the free blu ray app available on standard Win 10?

The games too... while they are there and "free", they're now loaded with ads (just like the OS, which you now pay for... what is this, Sky?). Although I did get some solid gold entertainment out of it, due to how enraged my Mother was by the number of hoops she had to jump through just to play spider solitaire on her new tablet.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

So glad I stuck with Windows 7. I like that OS quite a bit and I'm gonna be sad when I'll be forced to make the switch to another OS. I absolutely loathe windows 10
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

The minesweeper and solitaire games with Windows 10 are not the same as the old ones (and I had to download them separately) and a couple of the games (Purble Place and Space Cadet Pinball) were removed. I agree on the ads too. The price of the DVD player (14.99 USD) was exactly what I meant by paywall. DVD functionally was included with windows 7 and windows 10 for free, but now it requires a separate app (and as I said before, the official MS app may not even work correctly), even to those that had previous versions with the free DVD functionally. At least VLC media player still plays DVDs.

Edit: I found out the DVD player was offered for free for a limited time, but it doesn't make much sense that computers weren't automatically "upgraded" that had DVD functionally before. The DVD player app also lacks Blu-ray functionality.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Months ago buy a new, efficient wood stove, since wood is like 1/4th the cost of electricity for heating and I have my own stock anyway.
Plenty of time before winter, get the craftsman to install it when he's available in the middle of fall, and he realize mid-work the supplier provided one wrong yet vital part.
Standby, order the right part and wait...
Three weeks later no signs of the part and the temperatures have fallen brutally, like winter has cum prematurely. Use electricity-voracious heating until that shit's resolved.
Fuck Murphy's law, fuck people.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
guigui

Post by guigui »

Xyga wrote:Months ago buy a new, efficient wood stove, since wood is like 1/4th the cost of electricity for heating and I have my own stock anyway.
Plenty of time before winter, get the craftsman to install it when he's available in the middle of fall, and he realize mid-work the supplier provided one wrong yet vital part.
Standby, order the right part and wait...
Three weeks later no signs of the part and the temperatures have fallen brutally, like winter has cum prematurely. Use electricity-voracious heating until that shit's resolved.
Fuck Murphy's law, fuck people.
That's not Murphy Law, the average time for having a wood heating facility installed in a house is 18 months, you started up way too late for this winter :/
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.