Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
MintyTheCat

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by MintyTheCat »

We got talking about different policies to public nudity. It is pretty much tolerated in Germany but not so much in England - must be the climate, but it tends to be those you wish would strip naked publicly tend not to and those you pray to the Lord that they never would bare any flesh always do :) We were discussing the pragmatism of what do you actually do when a hefty, germanic lady 'at least' in her 50s is bending right in front of you showing all - what do you do? Where do you look? Is it 'cool' to look away to protect her dignity is it really the very best of manners to have a good gander - the questions that plague to unfettered mind... Anyway, this one american lady pipes up "making women wear clothing is misogynistic and a sure sign of the patriarchy." - wow. I mentioned the 'safety' aspects of wearing clothes, you know operating industrial machinery and losing that all important main digit that you are counting on, that sort of thing. Like a chocolate ashtray in an indian summer the 'logic' soon fell and yet it got me looking up what had all the hallmarks of the 'Rad Fem' movement that plagues this fine city of Berlin. Lo' and behold it is a postulate of Radical Feminism and this lot take the biscuit:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/03/thi ... d-want-it/

It gets to be a bit cold in these parts from time to time.

It has given me a new found level of respect for Vlad Putin, the man rules, he handles this like a smooth operator:

So besides being competent in judo he can handle nutty, rad fems germanic ladies like a lord. You'd have to be insane to run up to Vlad like that - the man would have you flying through the air with your spine seperated before you made contact. Makes you wonder: are these Rad Fems an endangered species or what? Funny as hell.

You should fear the man's kamae from here:

More Bromances = safer people
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Personally I wouldn't look at hefty 50 year old women bending over bare-ass, but do what you need to do.

Unless that's respecting Putin for being a fake Judo black belt, c'mon dude.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Blinge wrote:Personally I wouldn't look at hefty 50 year old women bending over bare-ass, but do what you need to do.

Unless that's respecting Putin for being a fake Judo black belt, c'mon dude.
For your info: in Germany we have beaches that are "Freikörperkultur" - you'd have to experience it to 'get me' on this [1]. But there's a fair bit more public nudity *without* necessarily needing to be somewhat pissed drink wise as in the UK.

If you wish to query Vlad's credentials be my guest :)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freik%C3%B6rperkultur
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha, I've streaked on a couple of nights (and days) in my time. I'm in the camp of people you'd rather not see doing it I suppose :wink:

As for your Putin mancrush, well. Someone already questioned his credentials in a rather amusing way.
http://www.bullshido.net/vladimir-putin ... udo-fraud/
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Blinge wrote:Haha, I've streaked on a couple of nights (and days) in my time. I'm in the camp of people you'd rather not see doing it I suppose :wink:

As for your Putin mancrush, well. Someone already questioned his credentials in a rather amusing way.
http://www.bullshido.net/vladimir-putin ... udo-fraud/
It's some what limiting to think in such sure and absolute terms, Blinge.

Wrt Vlad's credentials. We've all heard of 100th dan grades who live near to you and such and usually it is absurd. However, I get the impression that Vlad is at least legit. No one usually would challenge a judo dan. I'd estimate that a judo second dan would be akin to a kendo fourth dan. He either has balls of steel, he has the experience (takes time for the body to learn) or he's an excellent faker. How's your martial arts eye, Blinge? Do you know any of the kihon Vlad pulls off in the public videos or are you at the mercy of 'listening to what others tell you on the Inet'? It is worth noting too that he did serve under the KGB and often that lot do learn a thing or two about jujutsu and such - plenty of cops learn jujutsu as it happens. Worth pointing out for your continued enlightenment ;) In any case, he's more legit than Cameron and Boris and the other tossers that pass for national government these days in our fair motherland, Blinge.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Thankyou for taking the time to respond to my post, MintyTheCat

My martial arts eye is admittedly limited, a white belt for life. How is yours, MintyTheCat?
I won't pretend to know what you're on about while dropping words like fourth dan and Kihon to sound impressive, MintyTheCat.
I'm not sure why you put the apostrophe at the end of "Inet" either as the abbreviation was before the word and not after, MintyTheCat.
I'm also not sure how plenty of cops learning "jujutsu" is relevant to the discussion either.

I simply enjoyed the following statements in the article and think ol' Putine would find them hard to refute.
I don’t pretend to have seen all of Putin’s martial arts videos, but I’ve watched a bunch of them, and they seem to follow a similar pattern: they involve some shots of Putin and others doing warm-ups, and then they involve a sequence of short clips, in each of which Putin throws someone who is prepared to take the throw; then there are warm handshakes and photo ops. At least in the videos I have seen, there are no committed attacks on Putin, and I see no evidence that his opponents are ever trying to get the better of him. The videos are demonstrations in which he shows off his masculine prowess with them taking what the Japanese call ukemi (defensive falls) for him.
Well I wouldn't seek to defend tossers like Boris but at least they aren't dictators by any other name, who have people arrested for insulting them and run a homophobic mafia state. :o
ex- secret service is precisely the qualification I would not want in a leader.
I can't understand the follower mentality of people impressed by macho photos either, MintyTheCat.

As for his response to the nakey lady, well.. I can live with that.
Not really sure what he's doing though is he doing a slow clap or trying to grab boob - his hands seem to be coming together too much.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

People who stop loving a certain artist or musician because he/she is gay. Ever heard of separating the man from the artist? :roll:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Blinge wrote:My martial arts eye is admittedly limited, a white belt for life. How is yours, MintyTheCat?
kendo, jodo and a tiny bit of aikidou.
Blinge wrote: I won't pretend to know what you're on about while dropping words like fourth dan and Kihon to sound impressive, MintyTheCat.
I'm also not sure how plenty of cops learning "jujutsu" is relevant to the discussion either.
Yes, you find that the terms used across japanese arts are pretty much standard but yes, it would be odd. They are technical terms that work world-wide. I learned originally in England but over here in Germany we all still know what the terms are so so long as you know the japanese terms you are fine pretty much anywhere.
The cops learning jujutsu, judo, kendo is to give a bit of perspective.
Blinge wrote: I simply enjoyed the following statements in the article and think ol' Putine would find them hard to refute.
Quote:
I don’t pretend to have seen all of Putin’s martial arts videos, but I’ve watched a bunch of them, and they seem to follow a similar pattern: they involve some shots of Putin and others doing warm-ups, and then they involve a sequence of short clips, in each of which Putin throws someone who is prepared to take the throw; then there are warm handshakes and photo ops. At least in the videos I have seen, there are no committed attacks on Putin, and I see no evidence that his opponents are ever trying to get the better of him. The videos are demonstrations in which he shows off his masculine prowess with them taking what the Japanese call ukemi (defensive falls) for him.
I realise that judo is an olympic sport and all that but I dare say they have to show the public something a bit more dynamic - it is PR after all and I cannot think that there would be any other reason that they'd have that sort of display but only for the public.
Blinge wrote: Well I wouldn't seek to defend tossers like Boris but at least they aren't dictators by any other name, who have people arrested for insulting them and run a homophobic mafia state. :o
ex- secret service is precisely the qualification I would not want in a leader.
I can't understand the follower mentality of people impressed by macho photos either, MintyTheCat.
A lot of this is down to perspective: in his system, and it has had its upheavals, revolutions and such: joining the KGB, studying law and all that was just the path he took career wise. Back in the old days I dare say that most of them had a handful of career options open to them and often people just find themselves doing things as they go along with it. But in his it looks like he wanted to take that path and wanted to join the KGB early on.
For most of them it is a power game; it matters not that Boris is into it in the UK and Vlad did it in Russia, it's really all a power game for that lot.
You may not want a leader to have had secret-service time on the clock, Blinge. But you'd pretty much 'see the ropes' from the inside working in that capacity which I'd imagine would be some what useful running the show in Russia - only guesses here though, Blinge :) Many of the ambassadors study law not to practice it but to kind of work their system out as each system of law is tied to its country and quite different.
I think some people respond to power - images are a big part of that. Body Builders sometimes meet people who are impressed with what they have achieved physically.
I can tell you though that a judo grade is not easy to get as far as I can comment. I do not believe he is some kind of 8th dan god as they say he is though - that's most likely PR representation once again and makes the public over there feel 'safe' that a macho, no messing guy is handling things :D
On the homophobic front: again, image: it is a pretty orthodox society in Russia still from what I can tell and well, the church, least of all the Orthodox Christians really handled homosexuality well. You'd get less hassle over here but still people get hassled by a few people. I once lived with a Russian eons ago at Univ. and she was saying that they never trust the news papers and have to read about what is going on from foreign papers - still pretty closed.

Blinge wrote: Not really sure what he's doing though is he doing a slow clap or trying to grab boob - his hands seem to be coming together too much.
I think he's waking his guards up to handle it for him or he's channelling some inner power - maybe charging up and getting ready for a massive hadoken - who knows? :D Seeing Angela freak out and try to escape is amusing though. I think he handled it fairly well and it just looks ludicrous. I mean, making a statement by baring all - well, fine for Wimbledon and let's have more of it ;)
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

MintyTheCat wrote:
Blinge wrote: Not really sure what he's doing though is he doing a slow clap or trying to grab boob - his hands seem to be coming together too much.
I think he's waking his guards up to handle it for him or he's channelling some inner power - maybe charging up and getting ready for a massive hadoken - who knows? :D Seeing Angela freak out and try to escape is amusing though. I think he handled it fairly well and it just looks ludicrous. I mean, making a statement by baring all - well, fine for Wimbledon and let's have more of it ;)
Thats clearly a double thumbs up he's giving.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Thumbs up and a creepy squidgy duck face no less. He's always struck me as the uber hetero alpha male type who's wearing women's underwear under his clothes
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

BIL wrote:Dear Satori,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well - particularly as I am writing to you with a request. When you've a moment, could you please refresh my memory on a certain Edmond Dantes... I seem to recall you rebuking him once in this very thread, at his incessantly PMing you to complain of his worldly troubles - but it seems the relevant posts were subsequently deleted by moderators, and cannot be retrieved.

I want to say I distinctly recall the hearty laughter I and several other members had at your revelation of his bitch-assed whinery! Regrettably though, I am growing old, and less confident in my memory. I would be most grateful for any confirmation from you, my longtime and yet happily more youthful compatriot.

With best wishes for your speedy recovery,

Your friend, Biruford
Fuck, I don't remember. All I remember is that he was acting strangely at the time.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

soprano1 wrote:People who stop loving a certain artist or musician because he/she is gay.
Really? I guess it happens, but I honestly never ran into anyone wh...
Ever heard of separating the man from the artist? :roll:
...wait what? So it's fair to dislike someone for being gay, but applying it to their music is where it gets dumb?
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

jonny5 wrote:Thumbs up and a creepy squidgy duck face no less. He's always struck me as the uber hetero alpha male type who's wearing women's underwear under his clothes
Very likely. There are loads of them running around spanking each other wearing studded gartners and such. The duck face is a funny one too - could be his 'horny' face. You never know.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Lord Satori wrote:Fuck, I don't remember. All I remember is that he was acting strangely at the time.
Haha, no worries. And yes, that's our Edmond. :wink:
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:...wait what? So it's fair to dislike someone for being gay, but applying it to their music is where it gets dumb?
Like I said, people who suddenly dislike a certain work that they liked because they discover the artist was/is gay is dumb, that shouldn't affect their manhood or whatever. For reference, the artist in question was Ricky Martin. Guy loved his music back in late 98/99, then went berserk when Ricky came out of the closet some years ago, refusing to acknowledge the fact he danced as much as anyone in parties when Living La Vida Loca was played.
Personally, I don't think it's fair to dislike someone for being gay, or applying that to their music, like you said. But that's me. I know some other people who are homophobic, but they don't mind if the music they listen is from gay artists or not.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Wow. Ricky Martin's music is just about as gay as it gets, I can't believe this guy was so surprised. Even if Ricky Martin turned out to be heterosexual, I'd say, in line of seperating the art from the artist, that the music wouldn't be any less gay for that reason. :P

(for the record, I love "gay" music. Pet Shop Boys remains absolutely awesome)
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sumez wrote:Wow. Ricky Martin's music is just about as gay as it gets, I can't believe this guy was so surprised. :P

"But!...But what about those sexy latina dancers he had with him?!"
Something along those lines. And yes, PSB are amazing.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Sumez wrote:Wow. Ricky Martin's music is just about as gay as it gets, I can't believe this guy was so surprised. Even if Ricky Martin turned out to be heterosexual, I'd say, in line of seperating the art from the artist, that the music wouldn't be any less gay for that reason. :P

Yes, Soft Cell, Erasure, Leatherstrip - all batting for the other side but it's not really an issue. The way I think of it is that we have sexual relations with a tiny fraction of the world's population so it hardly matters. Unless you are Hugh Heffner of course :)
BIL

Post by BIL »

soprano1 wrote:Like I said, people who suddenly dislike a certain work that they liked because they discover the artist was/is gay is dumb, that shouldn't affect their manhood or whatever. For reference, the artist in question was Ricky Martin. Guy loved his music back in late 98/99, then went berserk when Ricky came out of the closet some years ago, refusing to acknowledge the fact he danced as much as anyone in parties when Living La Vida Loca was played.
That sounds like someone being mad that his hairdresser or interior decorator or favourite Freddie Mercury tribute act turned out to be gay. :lol: Actually sounds a bit self-loathing tbh, and that's never good! :shock:
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Letting yourself get invested in an online browser strategy game on a national server and having to deal with a jackass who wakes up at 3 AM just so he can steal your resources without you even being able to move your resources somewhere secure
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Specineff wrote:Customer: "Hi, can you please diagnose my laptop?"

Tech: "Sure. Do you have the charger? The battery is dead."

Customer: "I didn't bring it."
Thanks for telling me this, I recently had to bring my laptop to a techie after it went haywire and I probably would have forgotten to bring my charger if I didn't read this.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Today, I made the mistake of getting into another discussion about game design on the internet.
I think you jump at conclusion and do wild generalization by lumping things together that reduce the granularity of the analysis through false equivalence.

Never. Again.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Is that frog's skin granular or are those water droplets?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

They are in fact granules! A recent friend has shown me the wonders of frogs, but that probably belongs in the smile thread.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Yes we French are awesome. 8)
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

That Predator has yet to receive a great release on blu ray -_-

The original 2008 blu ray release is a bit too dark/dull looking and has some compression artefacts due to being encoded at a low bitrate, with the outdated MPEG2 codec...

And the 2010 "Hunter edition", despite now being encoded in MPEG4-AVC, is slathered with DNR to remove every tiny spec of film grain from it... (can I ask : why?)

God dammit 20th Century Fox -_-

(The 2008 is thge best of the two, and looks decent, but we need the latest transfer without DNT dammit!!)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Sling TV decided to act up and I missed more than half of Toonami. Before started working again during Lupin III, I caught about five minutes total of screentime amidst all the buffering.

And I KNOW it was Sling's fault because several other Roku apps were working fine.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Dear Discord, Adobe, Avast, Quicktime and others,

Why do I have to wait for your program to update after I just got it from your website? Can't you just make the most updated version available for download?

Almost wishing your moms chucked clocks in hell,

Spec.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Pinterest
Every other damn Google Image result is a Pinterest link that can often be useless if you're not logged in to an account.
But pretty much everything on Pinterest is a link to something else on the internet, so now Google Images is a search function where half or more of the results are all links to another site's links. Like, imagine if half of everything in a regular Google web search were links to Yahoo or AskJeeves searches, and then half the time you follow the link, the link you're hoping to find on that page isn't even there, anyways. Or, at least, not if you don't feel like making an account or logging in.
The best is when the URL that the Pin leads to is a Google Image search

I mean, shit, I thought a fifth of Google Image search links leading to dead Photobucket/ImageShack/etc accounts was bad enough...
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

After over a month of sitting on a new couch with no pillows, we finally get pillows and they are DECORATIVE PILLOWS!!!

WTF!