Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Muchi Muchi Spork

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

rancor wrote:This is the pamphlet that came with all orders from the latest CAVE matsuri sale. Depending on my work schedule I should have that interview translated and up in a separate thread tomorrow afternoon. :wink:
Thanks!
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

I really hope there isn't a 2nd loop for this game. Shmups shouldn't be that long per session imo.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

DragonInstall wrote:I really hope there isn't a 2nd loop for this game. Shmups shouldn't be that long per session imo.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Yep, loops suck ass. Harder game modes are a lot better for all concerned, imo.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

As defensive as I am about Otomedius Excellent, I still think it's awful that you have to slog through two loops of it every time you want to encounter any serious difficulty while submitting a score ranking.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

While we're on the hatin' of da' loopin', I find the traditional loops boring too. Hearing about some people getting to the fourth loop of Raiden II and watching the bullets go at the speed of light sounds damn radical but I don't have the skill nor the patience to get there.

A second set of different levels, however, as a '2nd Mission' of sorts with expert difficulty, would be both more refreshing and appeasing for those who just want hard-as-nails gameplay IMO.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Gradius Gaiden sorta did it right, with increased obstacles, different variations of bosses (i.e. 4 heads for Moai Dimension instead of 2), and the extra boss at the end of Stage 8.

Gradius ReBirth topped it by changing some of the stage layouts, from the subtle (upside-down tunnel volcano in stage 3-1) to the fiendish (different obstacles in stage n-2 and n-4, where n > 1). And if you don't want to wait, you can just set the difficulty to Hard for loop 2 or Very Hard for loop 3.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

BPzeBanshee wrote:While we're on the hatin' of da' loopin', I find the traditional loops boring too. Hearing about some people getting to the fourth loop of Raiden II and watching the bullets go at the speed of light sounds damn radical but I don't have the skill nor the patience to get there.

A second set of different levels, however, as a '2nd Mission' of sorts with expert difficulty, would be both more refreshing and appeasing for those who just want hard-as-nails gameplay IMO.
If you mean as a standalone then that would be cool, but if it follows the first expert loop then by definition it won't be a choice, as you will need to do both to get a good score.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Illyrian wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:While we're on the hatin' of da' loopin', I find the traditional loops boring too. Hearing about some people getting to the fourth loop of Raiden II and watching the bullets go at the speed of light sounds damn radical but I don't have the skill nor the patience to get there.

If you mean as a standalone then that would be cool, but if it follows the first expert loop then by definition it won't be a choice, as you will need to do both to get a good score.
By standalone do you mean having a choice between them in the beginning? XOP and XOP Black do this and it's quite well done (ignoring XOP Black Special). I'm thinking of them following the first loop but requiring you already getting a good score in the first loop to do the second (I think most of Cave games requirements is based on lives lost and bombs used but fuck that). In addition, the '2nd Mission' stages could be such that they are difficult but score relatively little until the 2nd Mission final boss or something like that.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

DragonInstall wrote:I really hope there isn't a 2nd loop for this game. Shmups shouldn't be that long per session imo.
i'd like an option for 1 or 2 loops like DOJBL
anyway i haven't wrote my opinion on this new DDP yet

so far it looks damn amazing
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Well, I'm glad cave is still churning out shooters.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Cave should make more Ultra style modes where you get the 2nd loop difficulty without having to through the 1st loop every time. From reports I've read that basically sounds like what Expert mode in this is.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FUBL9kxWs
Holy shit, this is not even Expert
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Formless God wrote:Holy shit, this is not even Expert
Yeah, looks like the game switched to way harder patterns on stage 3 there. Maybe something like the way you get ura patterns in ketsui extra arrange?
TonK

Post by TonK »

Holy stage 3.
Aconcit

Post by Aconcit »

It looks nice from what I see. Some of those blue bullets are moving a bit too fast for my eyes and brain. It seems like it would be a memory game to me.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

My anus is ready.

Also, much faster bullet speed than I was expecting.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Rank meter? Looking at how vicious the game got with rank maybe Yagawa is involved in this, haha.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Hagane wrote:Rank meter? Looking at how vicious the game got with rank maybe Yagawa is involved in this, haha.
Dodonpachi: Battle Garegga Edition
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

I really don't think they have worked out the difficulty yet, but I'm happy the game looks quite good.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Actually I hope difficulty stays that way. Seeing balls of all the people who had hoped for a scrubby 1CC crushed, oh yeah. :lol:

It also appears that the difficulty has risen from the 2nd location test that was held around the 18th—bullets have become faster. The vid is actually from the third or the fourth test.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
1up

Post by 1up »

I noticed in that video that rank didnt decrease when he bombed? It did decrease by 1 when he died though. Bullets look crazy fast
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

BulletMagnet wrote:Not really related to the game, but I got a chuckle when I read the following from here:
Pick a setting that emphasizes the basic wide-range shot, and they'll wear combat outfits (which are apparently maid-like getups). Pick a powerful laser and fewer bombs, and they'll wear their casual clothes. Pick the toughest difficulty level, with lethal standard fire and only one bomb, and they'll wear bikinis. By this logic, the game should have a novice-player mode where all of the characters wear full medieval armor or clanking Victorian diving suits, but I doubt Cave will consider that.
I really hope they add that in if they do a home port.
I hope they do a super hard mode where the characters wear G strings, that way all the loli nuts can become expert shmuppers :)

As for looping Ild rather play a 5-6 stage shmup with an hidden extra stage thats super hard aka DFK BL
Exarion

Post by Exarion »

Some of the bullet patterns look like they were designed for a touch screen. The iports are clearly having an influence.
psoslayer

Post by psoslayer »

Ah that was weird with bullet patterns. They looked a tad more simple than DFK and easier to dodge.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Wow, that are some fast bullets. Actually reminds me a lot of Dangun Feveron in terms of speed!
THE BULLETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS!
KNekoSpy

Post by KNekoSpy »

Think there will be some variation of Hibachi in this game?
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

I honestly can't imagine a Dodonpachi without a bee mech as the TLB.
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

As a matter of fact, at the location test last weekend they showed some images of the new Hibachi TLB. It looked a lot like the DDP one except it had a g-string bottom and nipple pasties.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Has this been talked about yet...?

Blue goop :shock:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc