Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ryz

Re: Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

Post by ryz »

hipgnosis wrote:Nice work!

Can you give me more detailed instructions how to run Ketsui with that Windows 32 Mame? That command doesn't seem to work.
thanks!

well, you have to make sure your ket.zip contains the "ket_igs027a.bin" file (PGM protected ROM from raidenii.net) and it should work.
is there a specific error message you are getting?

with permission from Team Battleship i could zip and upload them, because the ROMs are a *little* hidden ;)
Exo

Post by Exo »

captpain wrote:
Exo wrote:
captpain wrote:
use ls to list files

type cd .. to go back a directory, not cd..

also stop helping
Corrected my post.

P.S.: Way to go being a dick about it.
Also, it wouldn't be your root directory but rather your home directory. And it's case-sensitive and titled Desktop by default. Basically your post is entirely wrong, sorry dude :mrgreen:
Fixed and fixed. <3 you too.
ryz

Post by ryz »

recieved a couple of PMs, so i think this might be handy:

so, here's an instruction on how to get ketsui/DOJ in "my" build working:

first you need the PGM protected ROMs from raidenii.net (shoot me a PM and i'll guide you to them) and put them in the zip file of your ROMset (e.g. ket_igs027a.bin in ket.zip)

then try to start the mame build via the command line (cmd):

1. navigate to your mame dir
2. create a mame.ini with "mame.exe -cc"
3. start it with "mame.exe ket"

(make sure your ROMsets reside in "<mamedir>\roms")

all should be working now!
Last edited by ryz on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hipgnosis

Post by hipgnosis »

ryz wrote:ok, here is the windows 32bit binary:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1202429/mame_01 ... denfix.rar
It seems to run very smoothly! I can't compare this to the original PCB now, but the change in speed is noticeable compared to the previous build I had. The music is almost perfect now too, only small hiccups can be noticed during bosses. Very awesome!
Last edited by hipgnosis on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

ryz wrote:
please give me some feedback on how smooth it runs in comparison to other builds floating around here. i.

It runs pretty bad here I do infact have a pretty aged PC but the previous versions ran constantly 100% Speed this one runs like 78-98% speed.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ryz wrote:recieved a couple of PMs, so i think this might be handy:

so, here's an instruction on how to get ketsui/DOJ in "my" build working:

first you need the PGM protected ROMs from raidenii.net (shoot me a PM and i'll guide you to them) and put them in the zip file of your ROMset (e.g. ket_igs027a.bin in ket.zip)

then try to start mame via the command line (cmd):

I think this issue is related to some sort of rom audit. Even if you run it from a batch file, you'll get "this game might not run correctly", even though it works (tried your Windows binary on my GF's laptop).
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zeron wrote:
ryz wrote:
please give me some feedback on how smooth it runs in comparison to other builds floating around here. i.

It runs pretty bad here I do infact have a pretty aged PC but the previous versions ran constantly 100% Speed this one runs like 78-98% speed.
The new ARM emulation in the new drivers from raidenii.net makes the games more system intensive.. afaik it doesnt change anything noticable in the gameplay in Ketsui.

I'm playing with the older PGM driver with fixed speed and the newer audio driver myself, works fine apart from a few sound glitches.

edit: yeah, wrote that a bit wrong
Last edited by Zaarock on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryz

Post by ryz »

Zaarock wrote: The new ARM emulation in the newest drivers makes the games more system intensive.. afaik it doesnt change anything noticable in the gameplay in Ketsui.

I'm playing with the older PGM driver with fixed speed and the newer audio driver myself, works fine apart from a few sound glitches.
yeah, this should be the case. but these "newest drivers" are the work from raidenii.net, and should not be confused with the "official drivers" from Haze. Also, personally i don't think the raidenii.net drivers will be incorporated into official MAME builds, but we'll see.

i think i'll compile another version with the latest drivers from Haze's WIP blog (e.g. without the ARM emulation), for the people with older PCs.
Last edited by ryz on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

ryz wrote: i think i'll compile another version with the latest drivers from Haze's WIP blog (e.g. without the ARM emulation), for the people with older PCs.
Yes do so please, but it also made me realise that its time for a new PC.
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

damn I can't get this to work, I did all the steps and placed the ket_igs027a.bin into ket.zip but still I am getting this error:

ket_igs027a.bin WRONG LENGTH (expected: 00004000 found: 00001000)
ket_igs027a.bin NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
pgm_t01s.rom NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
Domino

Post by Domino »

I keep getting an error message saying ARM7 unhandle coprocessor?
ryz

Post by ryz »

apatia77 wrote:damn I can't get this to work, I did all the steps and placed the ket_igs027a.bin into ket.zip but still I am getting this error:

ket_igs027a.bin WRONG LENGTH (expected: 00004000 found: 00001000)
ket_igs027a.bin NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
pgm_t01s.rom NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
seems i have to keep repeating myself :P

try to start the mame build via the command line (cmd):

Domino wrote:I keep getting an error message saying ARM7 unhandle coprocessor?
you're missing the PGM protected ROMs.
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

no idea how but I found on another forum about pgm.zip, so I downloaded this and places files from inside into the ket.zip and ddp3.zip fils and now both games work fine, strange,

inside pgm.zip
pgm_m01s.rom
pgm_p01s.rom
pgm_t01s.rom

EDIT; thanks ryz, :)
captpain

Post by captpain »

I found it convenient to make a shortcut to mame.exe and add "ket" to the end of the Target field.
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

or you can create a bat file (create a name.txt file, type inside mame.exe ket , rename name.txt to name.bat, double click to play ), and place inside root folder (where mame.exe is)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Tried your build in my MAME computer (inside my cabinet) and while the sound is no longer played back incorrectly, the sound quality seems much worse (distortion). I played with headphones btw on. I don't think it'll be as noticeable when you use speakers though. And for me the controls were very laggy (playing with USB J-Pac). I'm gonna wait for the ShmupMAME build and hope it will be better in my cabinet, or keep playing the port.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ryz

MAME 0.140-u2 Custom PGM Build

Post by ryz »

** Haze links fixed **

To conclude the last few pages..

MAME 0.140-u2 "Raiden" PGM Custom Build

- Raiden PGM drivers, uses ARM emulation, therefore more CPU power is needed
- "best" sound emulation available at the time of this posting
- refresh rate fix (59.17Hz)
- Hiscore/Nagscreen Patch
- for faster/modern PCs

Download: Windows 32bit binary // Source
MD5 Checksum "Raiden" mame.exe: b249ef51f336fcb5c17e02292eb430af

Instructions for the Raiden build:

first, you need the PGM protected ROMs from raidenii.net. (shoot me a PM and i'll guide you to them) put them in the zip file of your ROMset (e.g. ket_igs027a.bin in ket.zip)

then start the MAME Raiden build via the command line (cmd):

1. navigate to your MAME dir
2. IMPORTANT: create a mame.ini with "mame.exe -cc"
3. start MAME with "mame.exe ket"

MAME 0.140-u2 "Haze" PGM Custom Build

- Haze WIP pre-u3 PGM drivers from his blog
- refresh rate fix (59.17Hz)
- Hiscore/Nagscreen Patch
- less accurate sound emulation, therefore less CPU power needed
- for slower PCs

Download: Windows 32bit binary // Source
MD5 Checksum "Haze" mame.exe: 86bfad93e77269c6371520db5a29a82b

Instructions for the Haze build:

You DO NOT need the the PGM protected ROMs (e.g. ket_igs027a.bin) from raidenii.net for this release! In fact, the ROMsets won't work over the MAME selection menu for this Build, only per command line if you put them in your ZIP-file! REMOVE THEM, if needed!

then start the MAME Haze build via the command line (cmd):

1. navigate to your MAME dir
2. IMPORTANT: create a mame.ini with "mame.exe -cc"
3. start MAME via double-click or if it fails with "mame.exe ket" from the command line (cmd)

=======

NOTE: these MAME patches ONLY affect CAVE PGM games, notably for Ketsui, DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (Black Label) and hopefully ESPGaluda in the future. You don't need these builds for other MAME games.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ryz on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Schrodinger's cat

Post by Schrodinger's cat »

I built both "Raiden" and "Haze" builds on my Mac and thought that the Haze build runs a lot smoother. The "Raiden" one while having the more accurate sound emulation tends to leave tiny gaps/clips in the audio as if waiting for the game to catch up (this might be the distortion empathic mentioned). It also scrolls jerkily like it's alternating between 100% and 95% speed. It's definitely distracting. The "Haze" build runs great though, comparable to the ports I'd say.

Still, it's quite impressive that the emulation is as far along as it is. Keep up the good work!
Zeron

Re: MAME 0.140-u2 Custom PGM Build

Post by Zeron »

ryz wrote:
You DO NOT need the the PGM protected ROMs (e.g. ket_igs027a.bin) from raidenii.net for this release!
Enjoy!

Strange enough I get the ARM7 error now, with the previous non igs027a roms tried both loading the standard way and with the CMD

Ok I decided to dump the Igs files into the roms and guess what? it works but it runs like crap
Last edited by Zeron on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Schrodinger's cat wrote:I built both "Raiden" and "Haze" builds on my Mac and thought that the Haze build runs a lot smoother. The "Raiden" one while having the more accurate sound emulation tends to leave tiny gaps/clips in the audio as if waiting for the game to catch up (this might be the distortion empathic mentioned). It also scrolls jerkily like it's alternating between 100% and 95% speed. It's definitely distracting. The "Haze" build runs great though, comparable to the ports I'd say.

Still, it's quite impressive that the emulation is as far along as it is. Keep up the good work!
Actually, you can put the raidenii ones audio drivers into the other one if you want.. the ARM emulation is in the pgm driver.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Running the "Raiden" build in Wine, as long as Compiz is off, full framerate 99% of the time, sometimes it drops to 95% and sound skips, but otherwise great.
If I run with the -nosound option, 100% speed, 100% of the time.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
ryz

Post by ryz »

Zeron wrote:Strange enough I get the ARM7 error now, with the previous non igs027a roms tried both loading the standard way and with the CMD

Ok I decided to dump the Igs files into the roms and guess what? it works but it runs like crap
that's really strange.. when tried to run ketsui along with the igs027a roms in the "Haze" build, it didn't start. as soon as i removed them, it worked.

i'm at my GFs house now, i'll test it here.

EDIT: ok guys, the problem is, the link from the "Haze" Build is apparently the same as the Raiden one. i mixed up the files in dropbox.. sorry for that. :oops:

i will fix this ASAP.

EDIT2: Haze links are fixed now!

As Zaaron already pointed out, you actually can start the ROMsets with the ARM drivers in the Haze build.. it's just that it ONLY works with the command line, as MAME scans and detects the ARM drivers. (Same as the Raiden build)
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

ryz wrote: ok guys, the problem is, the link from the "Haze" Build is apparently the same as the Raiden one. i mixed up the files in dropbox.. sorry for that. :oops:

i will fix this ASAP.
This would explain why I can only run it from command line (and why it runs poorly on my low end windoze machine) but not why it's still working even after I removed those igs roms from the zips.
The goal is in sight though,eh?
Soon we'll have fixed framerate,fixed sound,0 input lag,100% performance Ketsui on MAME maybe even within a week of the release of 0.140u2 and then we'll all be able to sleep easy in our beds :D
ryz

Post by ryz »

mjclark wrote:
ryz wrote: ok guys, the problem is, the link from the "Haze" Build is apparently the same as the Raiden one. i mixed up the files in dropbox.. sorry for that. :oops:

i will fix this ASAP.
This would explain why I can only run it from command line (and why it runs poorly on my low end windoze machine) but not why it's still working even after I removed those igs roms from the zips.
The goal is in sight though,eh?
Soon we'll have fixed framerate,fixed sound,0 input lag,100% performance Ketsui on MAME maybe even within a week of the release of 0.140u2 and then we'll all be able to sleep easy in our beds :D
fixed the links! try it again please! :)
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

ryz wrote:
fixed the links! try it again please! :)

It works great now thanks!!! :mrgreen:
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

ryz wrote:fixed the links! try it again please! :)
MISSION POSSIBLE!!
Working great now :D Thanks so much for this build!

They said it wouldn't happen for six years and it happened in six days
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

So, is the rank in both versions of DOJ fixed or not?
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

captpain

Post by captpain »

This really has felt like some kind of weird hallucination. I was full-on set to never play this game.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Just repeating my previous statement: Ketsui is the Chuck Norris of the shooters.

The perfect balance between scoring like a monster and dodging like a god of thunder. No magic tricks or cancellation dances (few enemies seem to have "cancellation" cascades), it's you, EVAC, Doom, motherfucking Vinogradov and GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

I'm actually quite liking the reduced difficulty in DOJ... It makes me feel like I can actually reach stage 4 in a single continue and get an extend. :P

I simply cannot believe one month ago there was a lot of bawwing and doubts about this and in less than a bloody week (a bloody week, mate!) we almost have the damn thing in a nice state. Long scream game over screen and all. December 2010: the shooting game month hands down.

And if sooner or later they get Espgaluda... oh boy.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

If anyone else has noticed, the games aren't on defaults BTW, they're set to easy if you haven't done a reset to defaults in the service menu [at least in the Raiden build].

also, sorry for my terrible phrasing, it's 10:41pm, and I am too cold to type more better
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.