Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Acid King wrote:Is there an end of game bonus in RFJ?

Finally put together a consistent enough normal run to make it to phase 2 and just squeaked by BBH for fifth.
Ending at either level 50 or Phase 2 Tank will yield an endgame bonus of 1 million pts. Beating Phase 2's TLB will yield an endgame bonus of 10 million.
nash87

Post by nash87 »

Acid King wrote:Is there an end of game bonus in RFJ?

Finally put together a consistent enough normal run to make it to phase 2 and just squeaked by BBH for fifth.
1cc the tlb and you get 10million pts :!:
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

Yes, there is an end game bonus for RFJ. I think the other guy was referring to the 16million on the RFJ leaderboards. I just took over 1 by a measily 90k in points. Botched. Pretty hard to concentrate playing in 480i as well as playing RFJ as you would on normal or arcade difficulty. Wah.
neist

Post by neist »

yyr wrote:
neist wrote:
yyr wrote: You may have played on Normal difficulty...
Nope. It was arcade difficulty. :P I can only barely make it into the third level. The third level is insane. The Expert/Normal mode has much higher scores than the Expert/Arcade, but the top of the latter is still 16 million last I checked.
Maybe we're not talking about the same leaderboard...

This is RF1 Expert Arcade as of 5/18, about 7pm EST. It's a long way to go from 1.7 million to 16 million!!
That's RF1.

I'm talking about RFJ. Probably where the mix-up is.

And, actually, someone is up to 7 million now on that one.
TodayIsForgotten wrote:Yes, there is an end game bonus for RFJ. I think the other guy was referring to the 16million on the RFJ leaderboards. I just took over 1 by a measily 90k in points. Botched. Pretty hard to concentrate playing in 480i as well as playing RFJ as you would on normal or arcade difficulty. Wah.
Bah, now there's two people I have to beat. ;) At least the scores are close.

And you're right about the boards. Thanks for the clarification, though I had already made this post when I saw yours. :(
originalz wrote:Ahaha, IGN reviewed this bad boy!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/982/982674p1.html

Apparently there's not much content here, as all three games are more or less the same. At least you can capture slave ships like in Galaga!
I'm kind of amazed they reviewed it somewhat favorably. Must have been the cheap price that did it for them.
yyr

Post by yyr »

neist wrote:
yyr wrote:As I sit here at work I wonder if anyone's topped my RF1 Expert Arcade score yet...it's the only #1 score I've ever had on an XBL leaderboard...
Tried this last hour or so. Best I could manage was a 10 million. I did do it with the Griffin...
It's ok...this is one of the few places in existance where everyone present knows that dodging bullets is a more important skill than reading. =)

I do think it's very funny that someone topped (heck, more than doubled) my score almost immediately after I posted that picture. I don't know if I'll be able to get it back...but I'm gonna try.

I saw the IGN review...I'm convinced that there are certain kinds of games (arcade games, mostly) that the mainstream gaming media literally doesn't know how to review any more. The typical player/reviewer is obsessed with "beat the game" and "get the Achievements" then trade it in at GameStop and move on to the next game. Because it's so easy to TECHNICALLY "beat" these games, nobody bothers to learn how to play.

One of these days, some developer needs to grow a huge pair of balls and release something like this where the only option for Continues is "none." Or perhaps unlock one extra credit every 10 hours of play. Only then will there be a chance for the typical gamer to actually learn the games...oh hell, who am I kidding? That's when they write it off as impossible, isn't it? =\
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wait, all the Raiden Fighters aren't the same? That part is true enough. But in Raiden Fighters 1 & 2 you do spend more time circling around large ships and boats forever.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

yyr wrote:I do think it's very funny that someone topped (heck, more than doubled) my score almost immediately after I posted that picture.
It's been quintupled as of now.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Rob wrote:Wait, all the Raiden Fighters aren't the same? That part is true enough. But in Raiden Fighters 1 & 2 you do spend more time circling around large ships and boats forever.
And trains.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
BBH

Post by BBH »

Acid King wrote:Finally put together a consistent enough normal run to make it to phase 2 and just squeaked by BBH for fifth.
Not giving up that Ixion spot without a fight!!!
Shumps4Free

Post by Shumps4Free »

I haven't played in a day or so, so I'm assuming I'll need to go back and reclaim my third place spots again.

Thanks guys!
BIL

Post by BIL »

yyr wrote:oh hell, who am I kidding? That's when they write it off as impossible, isn't it? =\
Yep!
kk1030

Post by kk1030 »

GRRR, just realize this is NTSC-U/C after my purchase!
why do they region lock it anyways!
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

can you get rid of the raiden fighters aces logo and just have the black bars on either side of the gameplay screen? been watching a few vids and I think they look crap.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

lilmanjs wrote:can you get rid of the raiden fighters aces logo and just have the black bars on either side of the gameplay screen? been watching a few vids and I think they look crap.
Yes, you can fade them from 0..100%... I always get rid of such fluff.
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

So there are high score boards-- very cool. Are you entering scores, Twiddle? (Sorry if I missed prior discussion of this.)
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

professor ganson wrote:So there are high score boards-- very cool. Are you entering scores, Twiddle? (Sorry if I missed prior discussion of this.)
yes
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
yyr

Post by yyr »

Here's something I've been wondering, completely unrelated to leaderboards =)

For the "Almost Master" Achievement, has anyone figured out specifically WHICH bonus points count towards the 10 million they're asking for? To just say "bonus points" is pretty vague... if it was end of level bonuses only I think I would have had it by now.

The picture that goes with the Achievement makes it look like the player is grazing a bullet...but I don't know about any bonuses for grazing...
professor ganson

Twiddle wrote:
professor ganson wrote:So there are high score boards-- very cool. Are you entering scores, Twiddle? (Sorry if I missed prior discussion of this.)
yes
Ok then. Good competition?
landshark

Post by landshark »

yyr wrote:Here's something I've been wondering, completely unrelated to leaderboards =)

For the "Almost Master" Achievement, has anyone figured out specifically WHICH bonus points count towards the 10 million they're asking for? To just say "bonus points" is pretty vague... if it was end of level bonuses only I think I would have had it by now.

The picture that goes with the Achievement makes it look like the player is grazing a bullet...but I don't know about any bonuses for grazing...
I got it while bullet scratching.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
nZero

Post by nZero »

yyr wrote:Here's something I've been wondering, completely unrelated to leaderboards =)

There are bonuses for grazing. Check out the achievement guide in the strategy forum.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

professor ganson wrote:
Twiddle wrote:
yes
no

seriously, someone beat my scores :(

it'll be easy right now due to a temporary crippling condition
unban shw
professor ganson

Yeah, I really hope you feel better soon.
nash87

Post by nash87 »

Twiddle wrote:
professor ganson wrote:
Twiddle wrote: yes
no

8)

I'm enjoying the competition in RFJ twiddle. that score attack score of yours is irritating the hell outta me right now, so close...

I don't think I'll ever top your 130mil in normal
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator
farewell

Post by farewell »

Ha well I USED to be on those leaderboards...
This is the end.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

Twiddle wrote:
professor ganson wrote:
Twiddle wrote: yes
no

I will give it a go once i am satisfied with my levels. Could take a while as i'm a perfectionist and by then someone will probably have a higher score. What's the condition? Nagging wife syndrome? (:
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

TodayIsForgotten wrote:
Twiddle wrote:
professor ganson wrote: Ok then. Good competition?
no

I will give it a go once i am satisfied with my levels. Could take a while as i'm a perfectionist and by then someone will probably have a higher score. What's the condition? Nagging wife syndrome? (:
brain work wrong syndrome
nash87 wrote: 8)

I'm enjoying the competition in RFJ twiddle. that score attack score of yours is irritating the hell outta me right now, so close...

I don't think I'll ever top your 130mil in normal
http://super-play.co.uk/index.php?conte ... ayerid=122
study this replay
unban shw
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

sweet. cant wait to download it.

-

i love the fact that you can just pull down some nice replays from the leaderboards and check out what the top players in the US version are up to.

this game is so fun.
Kiken wrote:
Twiddle wrote:kiken's 1st place position on RFJ normal course (normal difficulty) was short-lived
That's cool. All I wanted was the All3 clear. I'll keep working on RF2 though. Gotta hold onto one of these boards. ;)
yeah, this was one of the replays that i checked out first on the leaderboard. nice work.
kemical

Post by kemical »

I agree with the IGN review on the Sound.. the music in Raiden Fighters is terrible, shit-tastic, such a poor use of the hardware.
But really it should be swapped with the Graphics score, cant believe they gave it a 3.0, the attention to detail in the graphics is way better than the sound and serves the purpose of everything extremely well, but Game Reviewers don't know how to properly review stuff, you wouldn't see that shit in a proper film review if something was black and white..

*edit* I mean they gave 1942 Joint Strike a 7.0 for graphics, which in reality they are way more bland and lacking in detail compared to Raiden Fighters.

Anyway, I picked this up at Frys finally, I haven't played it yet but the back of the box says "WORLD-WIDE" high score competition... which is a lie :(
`Throwdown

Post by `Throwdown »

nZero wrote:

There are bonuses for grazing. Check out the achievement guide in the strategy forum.
Yep, bullet buzzing FTW. I dont have the achiev. yet. Im assuming its accumlative or does the score have to be hit in one run?
Malc74

Post by Malc74 »

`Throwdown wrote:
nZero wrote:

Yep, bullet buzzing FTW. I dont have the achiev. yet. Im assuming its accumlative or does the score have to be hit in one run?
It's accumulative. I played the boss runs for a while and tried to boost my score with a bit of bullet grazing, which made the achievement pop eventually.