Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
neist

Post by neist »

I don't play for 1 day and someone out there beats out my Griffin score.

Time to get grinding tonight. ;)
Square King

Post by Square King »

Amazon just shipped RFA!

JOY
Malc74

Post by Malc74 »

Square King wrote:Amazon just shipped RFA!

JOY
Wish I could say the same for EStarland, who've now pushed my order back to the 20th again. And I can't even find a copy in any of the game stores around here.
Looks like I'll be waiting for another couple of weeks (at least) to play...
Shumps4Free

Post by Shumps4Free »

Oh, I didn't know you just topped your own score. I figured you bumped someone else out of first, so I'm still in third. Hooray I suppose.

Edit: I also noticed that some of you dudes play using the 2 player. Does that have any sort of added benefit, or it's just preference?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Shumps4Free wrote:Edit: I also noticed that some of you dudes play using the 2 player. Does that have any sort of added benefit, or it's just preference?
yellow bullets
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
lftsqnce

Post by lftsqnce »

One of the songs on Raiden Fighters Jet sounds too much like the Cheetahmen theme. Incidentally, I have the Cheetahmen theme stuck in my head. And there is nothing worse than having a song from an NES pirate cart stuck in your head.
zakk

Post by zakk »

I'm coming for you all
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

lftsqnce wrote:One of the songs on Raiden Fighters Jet sounds too much like the Cheetahmen theme. Incidentally, I have the Cheetahmen theme stuck in my head. And there is nothing worse than having a song from an NES pirate cart stuck in your head.
thanks for choosing the soundtrack for my future super play
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

TodayIsForgotten wrote:
Shumps4Free wrote:
DJ Incompetent wrote::!:
I got suspended from xbox live??
Wow, seriously? I've heard horror stories about Microsoft and Gold subs.

Sorry to take this off topic:

Trust me on this. Calling them will do nothing. You're probably suspended for 1-day. I was suspended this past friday for the word "shits" in my profile. As in, I could give two shits about your virtual life. I was then banned again on Monday and this time for 7 days.
Thanks for the tips. Because now they banned me a second time, this time till the end of the month. They never said why. My profile isn't changed on my end. weeee~!

haha, my ban has a multiplier.
Shumps4Free

Post by Shumps4Free »

I'm assuming you got banned for having inappropriate language in your profile, but even so why would they double ban you? That doesn't make any sense.
neist

Post by neist »

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=1119

Cheapassgamer posted a review, and it's surprisingly glowing. No one tends to review shmups well.

Woo for CAG.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Twiddle wrote:
Shumps4Free wrote:Edit: I also noticed that some of you dudes play using the 2 player. Does that have any sort of added benefit, or it's just preference?
yellow bullets
So the fairy slave pees on the enemy?

Also, Cheetahmen II muic, I'm loving this already and Japan loves it, WE ALL LOVE THE CHEETAHMEN II!

Music.

Also, much love for CAG, even though they didn't take the time out how to really play the game (no mention of the special bonuses, no mention of the medals, lol).

I need to pick this up.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

neist wrote:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=1119

Cheapassgamer posted a review, and it's surprisingly glowing. No one tends to review shmups well.

Woo for CAG.
amen.

Here's another review http://www.robotpanic.com/?p=5528

a'ight, look, it's mine. 'figured I'd actually contribute to the thread or something
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

For some reason I'm really enjoying this compilation. I wasn't a huge fan before, and only bought it out of obligation. Gotta love the replay feature.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

So does anyone actually use the charge shot in RFJ? Does point blanking charge shots do crazy damage or anything? I just use the regular shot and it seems to work well enough.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Shumps4Free

Post by Shumps4Free »

Acid King wrote:So does anyone actually use the charge shot in RFJ? Does point blanking charge shots do crazy damage or anything? I just use the regular shot and it seems to work well enough.
I've never seen anyone use it. I never even knew it existed until right now actually.
neist

Post by neist »

Acid King wrote:So does anyone actually use the charge shot in RFJ? Does point blanking charge shots do crazy damage or anything? I just use the regular shot and it seems to work well enough.
As to your first question, I do quite often. I think if you end up using one of the lower damage planes, it's going to become a necessity to use it.

As to your second question, and if I assume you mean from charged shots, then I have no idea. :(
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I don't use the charge shot because usually I use the Viper Phase 1 ship, or Slave.
neist

Post by neist »

DJ Incompetent wrote:
neist wrote:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=1119

Woo for CAG.
amen.

Here's another review http://www.robotpanic.com/?p=5528

a'ight, look, it's mine. 'figured I'd actually contribute to the thread or something
The bit about replaying level 1 made me crack up a bit. :) That stupid first level. Urgh. It's usually good if you can get all the timings down. But I can only reliably get there like 30% of the time.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Shumps4Free wrote:
I've never seen anyone use it. I never even knew it existed until right now actually.
Same thing happened to me actually. I never used the shit, then I saw someone refer to it in a FAQ. I use the Ixion and with the charge time involved, it really doesn't seem worth it considering how strong the standard laser is.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
neist

Post by neist »

Acid King wrote:
Shumps4Free wrote:
Same thing happened to me actually. I never used the shit, then I saw someone refer to it in a FAQ. I use the Ixion and with the charge time involved, it really doesn't seem worth it considering how strong the standard laser is.
Like I said, it depends on the ship.

I used the laser one all the time on bosses on the Griffin. The Flying Ray's laser one isn't too shabby either.

Some of the missle ones make playing a bit too difficult. It'll spam the screen with missles making bullets pretty much impossible to see.
yyr

Post by yyr »

As I sit here at work I wonder if anyone's topped my RF1 Expert Arcade score yet...it's the only #1 score I've ever had on an XBL leaderboard. Heh.

It took me something like an hour to get it...and it's only around 1.7 million, even with the Slave...ugh that mode is hard...I want to see how you guys handle it.
neist

Post by neist »

yyr wrote:As I sit here at work I wonder if anyone's topped my RF1 Expert Arcade score yet...it's the only #1 score I've ever had on an XBL leaderboard. Heh.

It took me something like an hour to get it...and it's only around 1.7 million, even with the Slave...ugh that mode is hard...I want to see how you guys handle it.
Hm. I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

yyr wrote:As I sit here at work I wonder if anyone's topped my RF1 Expert Arcade score yet...it's the only #1 score I've ever had on an XBL leaderboard. Heh.

I put some time into RF1 Expert last night. I managed around 10 million or so. It's really not that difficult, you just have to plan ahead a bit more and use large sweeping motions to help bullet-herd the suicide bullets. Also, if you point-blank ground targets (sit on top of them), they won't release suicide bullets.

I'll try to spend some serious time with it this evening. I've decided to give RFJ a rest for the time being, since I keep getting gypped out of fighting the X-31 (or whatever the TLB is called). I never had this much trouble triggering the TLB on the Japanese version. Twiddle and Zakk, have either of you experienced this?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

die in phase 1 of RFJ, you lose access to the TLB

dying in phase 2 is okay
unban shw
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Twiddle wrote:die in phase 1 of RFJ, you lose access to the TLB

dying in phase 2 is okay
That's gotta be it then... I keep getting blindsided in Phase 1.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

Kiken wrote:

I put some time into RF1 Expert last night. I managed around 10 million or so. It's really not that difficult, you just have to plan ahead a bit more and use large sweeping motions to help bullet-herd the suicide bullets. Also, if you point-blank ground targets (sit on top of them), they won't release suicide bullets.

I'll try to spend some serious time with it this evening. I've decided to give RFJ a rest for the time being, since I keep getting gypped out of fighting the X-31 (or whatever the TLB is called). I never had this much trouble triggering the TLB on the Japanese version. Twiddle and Zakk, have either of you experienced this?
You have the american version of Aces as well? If so, how come it never shows up on your profile? I just got mine the other day in support of american distribution. I got 10.9m on expert during my ban...so if this is the case its always nice to have some more competition (:
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

TodayIsForgotten wrote:You have the american version of Aces as well? If so, how come it never shows up on your profile? I just got mine the other day in support of american distribution. I got 10.9m on expert during my ban...so if this is the case its always nice to have some more competition (:
Becuase I didn't feel like doubling up the achievements under my main US account. I'm logging in to play the US version under my Japanese account (NaomiSanshiro). I figured most folks would recognize the initials KIK (on this board, at least).

Like I said, I'll try to do some serious runs tonight playing on Live Mode so they're uploaded.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

When I get net access back, I'm sooooooo mopping the floor with you all.

Yeah, right.

Kinda sad...I'm actually starting to favor this over Deathsmiles.
TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

Kiken wrote:
TodayIsForgotten wrote:You have the american version of Aces as well? If so, how come it never shows up on your profile? I just got mine the other day in support of american distribution. I got 10.9m on expert during my ban...so if this is the case its always nice to have some more competition (:
Becuase I didn't feel like doubling up the achievements under my main US account. I'm logging in to play the US version under my Japanese account (NaomiSanshiro). I figured most folks would recognize the initials KIK (on this board, at least).

Like I said, I'll try to do some serious runs tonight playing on Live Mode so they're uploaded.
I did notice your initials in one of the highscore posts in this thread. Was wondering how you were doing that. I am in that predicament myself. Do i load up RFA (NTSC) on my account or not. Probably will. Don't really care either way.

I don't think that is sad D. I love Deathsmiles it's just for some reason i am finding the recharge system unwielding for me at the moment. Will have to analyze more video...someday.