STGT 2k7- Week #1 Twin Bee Yahhoo!

LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Skyrandia wrote: Sorry Icarus and to all who may have been offended at what I said, I just got confused with what Sikraiken said in his post. The confusion probably came from the bolding of part of his post hahaha.
I bolded that, lol. I apologize again for that, of course.
Anyway, there's still the declaration of war ("I will hunt you in every forum of the world googling my name all the day for great justice, but yeah, I don't care") and the quotes Skyrandia bravely collected. Oh, just to point it out again, Skyrandia was so quick in forgetting that I got scared.
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is really entertaining to watch spiral out of control. Honestly, I'm more interested in what Sikraiken has for "write-ups." Too bad there's a month wait.
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

LUNardei said,
I bolded that, lol. I apologize again for that, of course.
No problems, we all make mistakes as I have proved in this thread LOL.

LUNardei said,
Anyway, there's still the declaration of war ("I will hunt you in every forum of the world googling my name all the day for great justice, but yeah, I don't care") and the quotes Skyrandia bravely collected.
hahahah I probably won't join in on this "war" yet as so far I believe all the problems Sikraiken is encountering can be put down to bad luck. I'm even giving him the benefit of the doubt for his unproven dodonpachi 500 000 000+ claims which could be said as more evidence against him. (I only just discovered about this Dodonpachi drama he was involved in a little while back)

However if anything STRANGE happens on the 22nd of October with his promise for legit replay uploads, then he deserves everything bad directed towards him.

But if he submits legit replays, (with no real problems with them) then he should be respected as probably the best performing SHMUPS player to have ever posted on this site in my opinion :).

Now I've got heaps of work to do :( so probably I won't have much time to reply to comments from this post (if there are any) for a very long time.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Also, bear in mind that we haven't been saying anything over here ourselves, Sikraiken is the one who seems to want to talk about it. We didn't directly insult anyone.
Some of you guys bash me on your shmup.com forum. You expect me to just sit back and take it?

You think you know a lot more about DDP than you really do. It's hilarious what you said, to be honest. You do not have to have "perfect chaining" and no miss to 2-6 to get the highest score I got (530,901,350). Do you know how I know this? Because I've personally done it.

About what BR1 said to you, look at this: http://www.free-conversant.com/gaming_journals/1572

Hey, I was already that far into the game in 2004. This was about a year BEFORE I even got my 530M score. Obviously impossible for me to have made that type of improvement in a year. I think about a year before that (June 2003?) my high score was around 100M. I mean it's not like someone can be DEDICATED to a game and see that type of improvement. I think I explained the whole no proof thing in that Italy vs. shmups.com thread. The reason no one else here has come near what I did is because they haven't put forth the effort and time like I did. It's that simple. I am not a cheater, my ACTUAL RUNS never have used save states. I do use save states to practice certain parts of levels, however. It's like having a level select in a game so you can practice, in my mind, anyway.

Everything will be uploaded before hand to prevent the problems I had in the past where "hey it's not uploaded cool now you guys can think I'm a cheater".

I do sincerely apologize for all the times that I said there would be a video uploaded and I didn't come through with it.

Also, I don't ask anyone to come and back me up. I don't need to apparently, for good reason.
LUNardei wrote:Thanks Cigs, I was wrong on the last post by sik, I apologize.
His behaviour still screams "attention whore" all the time, but like this it's way better. The french guys had some good reasons to talk about it anyway (cause you know, there's no law against it), this remains pretty clear.
Oh yeah, I'm definitely an attention whore. That's why I made tons and tons of long posts about my DDP score and said "HEY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME". Wait, I didn't even really tell much of anyone at first? IMPOSSIBLE. As a matter of fact, how many posts in threads did I actually make about it on shmups.com? I don't think I ever even posted my score on shmups.com. I know it appeared on cowboy.ikaruga.co.uk because Valgar asked me for it. I just posted once on shmups.com that I 2-ALLed DDP. I also said something about how a western player had 2-ALLed the game, but didn't say who. Nothing else. Then there was the whole Italy vs. shmups.com thing, and that's when my score was talked about. How exactly am I an attention whore now, is it because I've placed in first each week? Sorry for putting some time into games, analyzing them, and then being somewhat decent at them. I don't ask for any attention I get, I don't even want the attention. That's part of the reason I didn't even bother posting my DDP score here; it was a personal thing. Grow up.

The reason I made videos for this STGT is because I knew people would accuse me of cheating. Yes, I know you don't have them. I know for a fact that there will always be someone who accuses me of cheating no matter what, though.
LUNardei wrote: Anyway, there's still the declaration of war ("I will hunt you in every forum of the world googling my name all the day for great justice, but yeah, I don't care")
I do care a little. However, I was just looking at what people were saying about the games on other forums and noticed I was being talked about. I'm not out hunting people down who are saying things about me. It's like how some of you guys over at arcade extreme (or maybe it was back on emuita, I can't really remember anymore) talked about my progear score and never did any of you guys once contact me about it. I don't understand why people can't tell me things to my face, though (so to speak). Keade is the only one I think who atleast said something like where's your replay, it would be great if you put it up to prove to the other people who think you are a cheater. He later edited that last part out though, I think some people on shmup.com said it would be better if he didn't say something like that for some reason...
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

sikraiken wrote:Some of you guys bash me on your shmup.com forum. You expect me to just sit back and take it?
We haven't been bashing you, only mentioned the fact that you were a suspicious person and therefore possibly a faker. It's not like we've been saying that publicly on this forum with many people who know about you. Most people who read the French forum don't post here, don't use MARP, and don't know you either. What has been said over there wasn't said to your face partly because it isn't necessary to insult you directly and partly because we don't care so much (at least I don't).
sikraiken wrote:You think you know a lot more about DDP than you really do. It's hilarious what you said, to be honest. You do not have to have "perfect chaining" and no miss to 2-6 to get the highest score I got (530,901,350). Do you know how I know this? Because I've personally done it.
Obviously said that as an approximation and both you and I know that 530M does require a no miss + chain up to like middle 2-5 or so. Or, even harder, no miss+chain up to 2-4 where you suddenly miss but then perfectly chain 2-5 and 2-6, missing the max bomb bonus. Pretty close to what I said first as a quick approximation uh?

Anyway, only reason why people are suspicious of you is because you're acting suspicious. I think there's a good probability you aren't actually a cheater but still act like that on purpose because you like to have people talk about you or something, like LUN said. Otherwise I see no reason why you'd keep refusing to show your proofs for so long.

"That's how I decided to do it."
cool reason
how about showing ur twinbee run right now?

That would be uncool... either because you haven't had time to edit your videos yet or because you would like people to talk about you some more indeed. Or maybe neither of those and you're just being weird or lazy or whatever, in which case you should admit it just looks like the former, understand why people talk about you like they do, and accept it, cause that's only a natural consequence of the choices you made.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

The Coop wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:Yesteryear I only voted for the game I found to be the most fun one to play. There wasn't even team talking about it.
Well, there's a simple reason for that :)

I don't like the idea of telling someone to "take one for the team", and vote for a game they either can't play, or one they do horribly at, just because others on the team can play it or do well at it. I can't speak for you, but I know what it's like to be the one team member having to do this repeatedly... and it sucks big time. It's hard to feel like part of a team, when the other members are the ones getting their choices supported, and you're getting yours shot down. That's why I've taken the stance with Old Schoolers that I have. I leave it up to each individual person to choose the game they want to play, or the one they feel they could do the best at. If it wins, cool. If it doesn't, bummer.

As I said last year, I'd rather vote for the game I want to play and have it lose, than vote for the game I hate and have it win. I know not everyone agrees with this mentality, but that's how I've decided to do it :)
Twinbee Yahhoo was like unanimous between us, but we discussed a bit on the 2nd week, as some people prefered to play Raiden Figthers Jet. I defended Viper Phase 1, and later I had to apologize about it :). 2nd week teached us a lot of things surely, as Viper Phase 1 seemed to be the "one where we had more chances", but in the end people couldn't stand the scoring system too much to actually pull a good effort. I think everyone in our team was enjoying Darius Gaiden (Even though we thought Vasara would be better for us), and we ended up having our best week so far.

It's pretty clear, for me now at least, that the "let's have fun" it's the best route to have. I was remembering how last year this thing was really exciting, with people talking about the game with each other, posting scores and stuff. All the "Team strategy" was really killing it to me. I had told my teamates to not post the scores up until the last second and all this shit, but now I just said we just let it loose. Let's just enjoy the game sessions while tyring to do our best.

And on-topic, yeah, Sikraiken is a cheater. What really pisses me off is that I also cheated but I can't beat his scores. So he obviously is a 2 times cheater.

From what country are ou sikraiken? I don't know if you remember, but you used to host my homemade shmup at your webspace a few years ago :)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

It's quite sad to see score jealousy reappear on this forum. You'd think people would have got over the fact that there are better players in the world out there (and some of which are OUTSIDE of Japan, shock horror).
sikraiken wrote:Sorry for putting some time into games, analyzing them, and then being somewhat decent at them.
QFT. Some people are still unable to accept this simple fact.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I demand a Pro Evolution Soccer tournament right now, so I can prove I am better than everyone, even cheaters.

And of course you are better, you dedicated your whole life to it, you wake up playing shmups and go to bed playing shmups. I have a girlfriend, real-life friends and stuff, you never go out and don't have a social life, bla bla bla, etc etc etc.

I used to say those stupid things a few years ago :D
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

People need to get off sik's back here - this is a friendly competition after all.

No one has the divine right to demand videos from someone, even if they said they would release them.

This tournament is supposed to be fun right? Seeing people getting picked on is not fun.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

if i were sik i would NOT release any videos or writeups.
just for the sake of it.
lolz.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

LOLZ Barry Bonds
ROFL Major League Baseball
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

This tournament is supposed to be fun right?
Fun? What fun?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Icarus wrote:It's quite sad to see score jealousy reappear on this forum. You'd think people would have got over the fact that there are better players in the world out there (and some of which are OUTSIDE of Japan, shock horror).
sikraiken wrote:Sorry for putting some time into games, analyzing them, and then being somewhat decent at them.
QFT. Some people are still unable to accept this simple fact.
it's quite sad you don't wanna understand

like I said before (I'm sick of having to repeat everything twice btw), it's NOT about that, we would have trusted you if you had done the same scores and respected you, like I respect LUN and maco for their mushi play, or MrMonkeyMan for his amazing Ketsui that clearly shows he has superior skills, or whoever else...

it's such an obvious and necessary attitude, anyone who ever takes part into any kind of competitive activity knows about this
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Shatterhand wrote:And on-topic, yeah, Sikraiken is a cheater. What really pisses me off is that I also cheated but I can't beat his scores. So he obviously is a 2 times cheater.
I have the highest non-clear score. SUPER CHEATING

Also Plasmo we miss you on IRC 8)
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

LUNardei wrote:Wait, I do believe he has replays and all the rest.
Obviously everyone is turning this debate into "defend the hero from the unfair accusation of being a faker/cheater", great job as usual guys.

Sik: I do believe you're quite an attention whore just for your behaviour and for the reasons you said. You know, when everyone knows about a thing but you act vaguely on purpose, you're only raising the curiosity about you and your "thing" :OBV:
I'm quite pissed off about that, and that's it. I found the entire show about this useless replay* entertaining because it was so perfectly in line with what I thought when I saw you entering the competition. So grow up.

Prome: sometimes the logic is suddendly banned from this forum. And it always happens when a beloved forum member is in some kind of internet-danger. Weird stuff.
We were all quick to jump at Stahlfader when he posted a score that was better then the WR after 3 days of playing Original mode. What if it was Sik? I'm quite sure someone would have believed it. FORUM SUPERHEROES, LOL.

Just another note: congrats sik and icarus for your efforts about the games (even if sometimes looks like you don't care, lol). Just remember you're not the only one.

*I won't even watch it, 'cause I don't care about the tournament (I admit I'm a supporter of Icarus though, for some good reason and because I'm not envious of WAY better players than me) and the game at all.
Last edited by LUNardei on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neo

Post by neo »

Sikraiken wrote:Some of you guys bash me on your shmup.com forum. You expect me to just sit back and take it?
It must be the language barrier or something, because the only thing I've read on this thread about you are Fu and Keade/Kaede thinking that your scores might be fake, and I think this is easily understandable. I mean, such great scores without any proof from someone they never heard about before definitely seems weird, don't you think?

Personally, I don't think you are a cheater, because I really don't have any reason to suspect your scores being fake, outside of the fact that they are much higher tan mine :lol:. Innocent until proven guilty, like Icarus wrote.

Anyway, I am looking forward to watch your replays on October 22th.
Rob

Post by Rob »

LUNardei wrote: Prome: sometimes the logic is suddendly banned from this forum. And it always happens when a beloved forum member is in some kind of internet-danger. Weird stuff.
He has acted respectfully to everyone. Probably a factor.
DMC

Post by DMC »

I pretty much agree with LUNardei.

It's not really the scores, but the fact that he has broken 4 or 5 promises, that makes it suspicious. If it only was one or two, because of some circumstances - okay, shit happens. But that many is just too much... and this 22nd october countdown... sorry, sikraiken but it feels a bit:

(imagespam removed)
Last edited by DMC on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keade

Post by Keade »

To be precise, Fu did call Sik' "the cheater" one or two times, but I think this was - trust it or not - just a name to call you, and not a real statement (in his next post he says you didn't cheat - yeah I know it looks confused, but the topic is just like this).
(and since I answered to Sik' in PM, my post ends here)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Keade wrote:"the cheater" ... trust it or not - just a name to call you,
:lol:

Keep it up.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Rob wrote:
Keade wrote:"the cheater" ... trust it or not - just a name to call you,
:lol:

Keep it up.
read again

still don't get what he meant ?
Rob

Post by Rob »

No, I got it (in the way that a person would choose to not refer to someone by their actual name but by "the cheater"). I prefer the funniest, rudest interpretation.
zinger

Post by zinger »

This is getting really stupid. Thread split to shmup.com? :P
SOUNDSHOCK
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

PROMETHEUS wrote:it's quite sad you don't wanna understand

like I said before (I'm sick of having to repeat everything twice btw), it's NOT about that, we would have trusted you if you had done the same scores and respected you, like I respect LUN and maco for their mushi play, or MrMonkeyMan for his amazing Ketsui that clearly shows he has superior skills, or whoever else...

it's such an obvious and necessary attitude, anyone who ever takes part into any kind of competitive activity knows about this
No, dumbshit, I understand quite clearly. And I also find it extremely pathetic that there are some people who take a minor "tournament" (or any "competition" for that matter) so seriously that they're willing to point the finger of accusation at people.

I had a much, much longer rant, but in the interests of time I'll shorten it down for you.

1) It's the wrong attitude to have in many respects, because once you start suspecting one superior player, you suspect them all. Last year when this cropped up, I asked LUN and the AEX guys on their forum, in the simplest way possible "was there ever a time when you suspected me?" and got no answer. I still want a reply to this, by the way.
Also: LOL, Barry Bonds.

2) Personally, if you have skepticism, it's better to keep it to yourself until you have conclusive evidence that the player in question is really a cheater. Until then, the only thing you do when you open your mouth and accuse people of faking scores is make yourself look stupid, which, amusingly enough, is what you're doing here.
I'll be ROFL when SiK posts his stuff on the 22nd Oct, because it'll be so satisfying to see people eat a nice, generous helping of humble pie.

3) The way you're going on, you remind me of Shocky last year. If people are going around spreading the idea that replays of any kind can be faked, what chance does it give players like me, SiK and others who invest time and effort into their play, and record their runs? Might as well not bother making them public at all if people still cast the eye of suspicion on them, which is a thought that is going through my mind right now.

4) Some people need to get a life. It's just a game. If you can't take other people beating you, you might as well go /wrists.

That is all.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Except Shocky made 1-2 posts regarding replays, it wasn't a personal attack and he wasn't looking for "proofs."
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

I saw this thread up up there. Upper than Darius! And for a brief nanosecond I thought "how cool that everyone discovered the beauty of this game and they're still into it".

It was just a nanosecond of foolishness, don't worry. I'm learning fast to never hold any hopes in mankind.
X - P - B
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is the game of the tournament so far!

I'd never play it again.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Icarus wrote:1) It's the wrong attitude to have in many respects, because once you start suspecting one superior player, you suspect them all.
Did you read any of what we said above ?
Icarus wrote:2) Personally, if you have skepticism, it's better to keep it to yourself until you have conclusive evidence that the player in question is really a cheater.
which is what we did till a certain person wanted to openly talk about it
Icarus wrote:Until then, the only thing you do when you open your mouth and accuse people of faking scores is make yourself look stupid, which, amusingly enough, is what you're doing here.
try dropping your teenage arrogant attitude and stop making urself look stupid for once
also did you just call me "dumbshit" ? unless in english it is some crossword that I'm not aware of that is used in the same fashion as "damn" or "fuck" ?
Icarus wrote:No, dumbshit, I understand quite clearly.
Icarus wrote:Some people need to get a life. It's just a game. If you can't take other people beating you, you might as well go /wrists.
some people love to cast that argument when talking about video games. Yeah, "it's just a game". So ? A game being what it is it does deserve (sometimes) to be given attention and dedication and with that, this kind of problem that we're "discussing" here can arise.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

PROMETHEUS wrote:which is what we did till a certain person wanted to openly talk about it
If he has nothing to hide, then he can address it himself, and replying to you is the first step.
If I was in his position, I would have done the same thing.
PROMETHEUS wrote:try dropping your teenage arrogant attitude and stop making urself look stupid for once
It's an attitude that gets me through the day, fucktard, and I enjoy it. Helps to blow off steam. Also, teenage attitude? You have a cheek. Try typing replies in something other than mobile-phone-speak, your insult might have more bite to it that way.
PROMETHEUS wrote:some people love to cast that argument when talking about video games. Yeah, "it's just a game". So ? A game being what it is it does deserve (sometimes) to be given attention and dedication and with that, this kind of problem that we're "discussing" here can arise.
Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. The game itself deserves attention, but not to the extent that you cheapen the competition for the people you (can wrongly) accuse, and the bystanders that have to put up with the arguments that follow.

There are better, more productive ways of finding out if someone is worth the score they post. Talking behind people's backs and pointing fingers is not it, because when it gets brought into the public spotlight, stuff like this thread happens.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Icarus wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote:try dropping your teenage arrogant attitude and stop making urself look stupid for once
It's an attitude that gets me through the day, fucktard, and I enjoy it. Helps to blow off steam. Also, teenage attitude? You have a cheek. Try typing replies in something other than mobile-phone-speak, your insult might have more bite to it that way.
Guess you went as low as you could have here. Trying to talk back by pointing out that I typed one word with an abbreviation and calling it mobile-phone-speak. And directly insulting me again.

You are indeed one hell of a joke, Icarus =)