STGT 2k7- Week #1 Twin Bee Yahhoo!

Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Twiddle : Regardless whether you think or not that this type of people can harm competitions, it is still natural to act against people who try to take advantage of events to gain attention and praise or whatever it is they want to get by cheating. It is highly unfair to all the others because they are the ones who truly deserve that attention.

Are you saying we should just let them be ?
Why should 2-3 people giving 1.8 billion player or fakeposter attention and praise bother you? If you're skeptic about it, feel free to be, as some intelligent players would, instead of blindfiring at people who just score a bit higher than the person accusing, which just causes more people to not bother. When I first posted on these forums, people in the high score forums were generally relaxed and all understood that fake posting only damages the poster in the long run.

(not like there weren't drawbacks, though...there were 10 times as many FatCobras, ResOGlas, and dave4shmups back then.)

Also, if you didn't know Icarus before, would you have believed him now?
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

PROMETHEUS wrote:And that's a very different kind of accusation. I would not be suspicious of you because you just don't behave suspicious and have shown and proven many times that you can really do the scores you post.

For sik it's another story.
How so? As far as I can tell, it's a story of a player leading the race, willing to provide proof for all submissions (and has provided snippets already), and yet has people pointing the accusing finger just because said player happens to be considerably better and consistent than the rest.

Only difference being, it was me last year, and it's SiK this year.

I trust SiK completely, and can tell he's good even from that short TBY clip he posted. As far as I'm concerned, it's innocent until proven guilty, and I don't see any proof of guilt anywhere.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Twiddle wrote:Why should 2-3 people giving 1.8 billion player or fakeposter attention and praise bother you?
Like I said in my post, because it is unfair to the others...
Twiddle wrote:instead of blindfiring at people who just score a bit higher than the person accusing, which just causes more people to not bother.
Like I said in my post, didn't publicly insult anyone, only sik is requesting to talk about it here. nobody's blindfiring. Never said I knew for sure he cheated...
Twiddle wrote:Also, if you didn't know Icarus before, would you have trusted him now?
Would have no reason to trust or not trust him. No offense but this seems like an irrelevant question to me.
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

SiK uses save states to practice segments Ikaruga port level select-style. Despite spending a good amount of time on fast games for years before MAME, practicing like this implies he is cheating, in Imageman logic.

(Despite save states breaking the game tiles and code visibly 99% of the time.)
PROMETHEUS wrote:Like I said in my post, because it is unfair to the others...
A small query about tactics by a slightly less (or more) skilled player who knows how the game works pretty well is more effective about gaining knowledge of whether the person's score is sketchy than immediately calling shenanigans.
Like I said in my post, didn't publicly insult anyone, only sik is requesting to talk about it here. nobody's blindfiring. Never said I knew for sure he cheated...
The accusers (not saying you are one of those, but it's possible (black hole: I just accused you of accusing (I just accused, therefore I'm an accuser OH SHIT AHHHHHH))) are doing a pretty good job of acting like they do.
Would have no reason to trust or not trust him. No offense but this seems like an irrelevant question to me.
It is pretty relevant because he just linked an incident where the exact situation I just mentioned happened.
Last edited by Twiddle on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Icarus wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote:And that's a very different kind of accusation. I would not be suspicious of you because you just don't behave suspicious and have shown and proven many times that you can really do the scores you post.

For sik it's another story.
How so? As far as I can tell, it's a story of a player leading the race, willing to provide proof for all submissions (and has provided snippets already), and yet has people pointing the accusing finger just because said player happens to be considerably better and consistent than the rest.

Only difference being, it was me last year, and it's SiK this year.

I trust SiK completely, and can tell he's good even from that short TBY clip he posted. As far as I'm concerned, it's innocent until proven guilty, and I don't see any proof of guilt anywhere.
cause there is the DDP thing with sik and weird delays / reasons for not uploading twinbee run
I dont call this willing to provide proof for all submissions
if u were a cheater in need of attention u could behave smtg like that and use the extra time to edit ur videos for instance

going to bed night
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

cause there is the DDP thing with sik and weird delays / reasons for not uploading twinbee run
if u were a cheater in need of attention u could behave smtg like that and use the extra time to edit ur videos for instance
On IRC he seemed to prioritize other things, like schoolwork. Wish I would do that instead of posting on forums.

You know those .05 second hiccups in my RF1 2loop video? That's not my laptop's GMA945 graphics card shitting myself under the weight of the new MAME renderer, it's expert editing!!!! Why? Because some angry guy looking for reasons to discredit people who score higher than him said so!!!!
unban shw
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

PROMETHEUS wrote:cause there is the DDP thing with sik and weird delays / reasons for not uploading twinbee run
He was quick enough to pop up a snippet when asked. I think that's willing.
Especially seeing that actually getting hosting for 300MB+ files is quite a challenge in itself outside of MegaUpload (which IIRC is ISP-banned in some countries).
PROMETHEUS wrote:if u were a cheater in need of attention u could behave smtg like that and use the extra time to edit ur videos for instance
Someone said that to me in last year's STGT.

Tell you what, why don't you go and capture a replay using save states and try to edit them together seamlessly (and by that, I mean chopping out the [SAVE STATE LOADED] and [STATE SAVED: Warning, save states are not supported by this game] parts so it perfectly joins up with the previous segments). Not as easy as you are led to believe.
Twiddle wrote:On IRC he seemed to prioritize other things, like schoolwork. Wish I would do that instead of posting on forums.
You and me both.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Why this is turning into another debate about fake scores? Because Twiddle likes this topic so much?

Anyway, if you act in a silly childish way like this:
sikraiken wrote:I'll have everything available (videos + write ups for all five weeks) at midnight (eastern standard time) on October 22nd. No delays etc this time since everything except week five will be uploaded well before then, it just won't be accessible to anyone. That's how I decided to do it.
you can only expect people to talk about the shit you're doing. No, you're causing it. Isn't it LOGICAL?

Wait, I do believe he has replays and all the rest. Or better, I don't care at all anymore. I got eyes so I can see that when he plays on marp he's actually really good. But tell me a good reason to act like this if not for raising suspects in people that are *capable of reasoning*. I'm really pissed off of this shit and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Well, people actually tried to ask (for what were promised more than once), but they got only bad feelings as answer. WOOO, are you questioning sikraiken? You'll go to hell and you'll never be respected by the 5 top posters in the forum, yum!

Last year every well-known head of the forum was jumping against the evil italians, and wow, you guys were soooOo right. But look at a lot of scoreboards now, and how the rules are changing. Some silent people were actually *thinking* while reading and not saying a word, and now they're acting, whether you like it or not. Fuck 100% security, replays and whatever, sometimes a bit of good sense is enough.
I'm quite sure it's the same this time. So come on, theach us again how to live on the intranet, how to look a smartass all the time and stuff like that. But good points and proofs of idiotic behaviour will remain. So I'll forever be the nerd which always rant about big scores (even if I like to play a little bit too), and sik will remain the child that will show his precious replays only at the midnight of a certain day and only to some selected friends. God, it's about time to grow up. For the both of us, but I suspect you're more in danger than me.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Icarus wrote: 300MB+ files
You know, replays really really don't need to be that big. General statement.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:
Just the way I record them, being 60FPS and all.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Shatterhand wrote:Yesteryear I only voted for the game I found to be the most fun one to play. There wasn't even team talking about it.
Well, there's a simple reason for that :)

I don't like the idea of telling someone to "take one for the team", and vote for a game they either can't play, or one they do horribly at, just because others on the team can play it or do well at it. I can't speak for you, but I know what it's like to be the one team member having to do this repeatedly... and it sucks big time. It's hard to feel like part of a team, when the other members are the ones getting their choices supported, and you're getting yours shot down. That's why I've taken the stance with Old Schoolers that I have. I leave it up to each individual person to choose the game they want to play, or the one they feel they could do the best at. If it wins, cool. If it doesn't, bummer.

As I said last year, I'd rather vote for the game I want to play and have it lose, than vote for the game I hate and have it win. I know not everyone agrees with this mentality, but that's how I've decided to do it :)
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Icarus wrote:
Rob wrote:
Just the way I record them, being 60FPS and all.
Even at 30fps if the game has poor bullet contrast the video will look shit messy at a low bitrate.

Though 100mb would be enough for a 24 minute 288x224 video at 60fps, if you set the quantizer right.
LUNardei wrote:For the both of us, but I suspect you're more in danger than me.
Yeah, the constant accusations are going to put a big damper on people who don't accuse. Enjoyment ruined. :x
unban shw
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:Even at 30fps if the game has poor bullet contrast the video will look shit messy at a low bitrate.

Though 100mb would be enough for a 24 minute 288x224 video at 60fps, if you set the quantizer right.
The only time I get blurring is when there is a lot of fast movement (speed sections such as Blazing Star st4, for example) or a lot of bullets (Cave, LOL). Other than that, my settings are pretty decent for low-ish filesize and visual quality.

Also, the only time one of my replays breaks the 300MB barrier is if it's over 35mins long. My 8.1mil VP1 run is 22mins and is 184MB, which I find acceptable.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

You don't want to know how big my "ok-looking" Airrade AIR and Sispri Gauntlet captured runs were. Image

Fucking 480-line games with small objects. Why can't they be low res like everyone else.
unban shw
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Twiddle wrote:the constant accusations
Yep, in your world you dream of people always trying to harass sikraiken, so you can defend him to death. Too bad this time he did everything by himself :lol:
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

I'm not accusing Sikraiken of anything but I can see why some people are taking this stance against him. Basically because of these quotes in chronological order and probably more,

Sikraiken Wrote:
szycag wrote:
weren't you going to put up an INP sik?

Tomorrow, and it'll be a video.
The vid will be up tomorrow, sorry. I'm having some trouble with encoding and I'm too tired to deal with it right now.
Saturday I'll have my own webspace, so I'll upload it then. Zakk + Ghegs offered to host it for me, which I really appreciate, but I'm just going to wait until Sept 1st. Sorry, people. I'll make a thread in the main forum once it's uploaded.
[2216.52] <sikraiken> it's not that great, I want to make another
It's uploading (really slowly), I'll post a link in the morning.
And then after all of this he says,
I'll have everything available (videos + write ups for all five weeks) at midnight (eastern standard time) on October 22nd. No delays etc this time since everything except week five will be uploaded well before then, it just won't be accessible to anyone. That's how I decided to do it.
This can be put down to a lot of bad luck that Sikraiken is experiencing at the moment though and if he has everything available (or at least 2 or so FULL replays) by the October 22nd date I find no reason why anyone should be doubting him.
Last edited by Skyrandia on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

LUNardei wrote:
Twiddle wrote:the constant accusations
Yep, in your world you dream of people always trying to harass sikraiken, so you can defend him to death. Too bad this time he did everything by himself :lol:
Missed the mark there by a mile.

The correct answer was "popping lulz out of angry jealous blowhard faggots who haven't learned how to be reasonably skeptic" but I'll give you a point for a semblance of effort. Image
unban shw
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Twiddle wrote: The correct answer was "popping lulz out of angry jealous blowhard faggots who haven't learned how to be reasonably skeptic" but I'll give you a point for a semblance of effort. Image
I'll be honest. I always wanted to be at your place, at the right side of sikraiken. I always wanted to tell to some forums that he's doing his homeworks and maybe learn a little bit of "winners attitude" from him. In short, I always wanted to be Twiddle, but I eventually realized that I just can't. And if I can't have sikraiken, no one will have it. That's the reason why I'm destroying (lol) his internet reputation (lol) like I did (lol) with the lovely (lol) Randorama (lol).

Edit: added a lol.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Twiddle wrote: On IRC he seemed to prioritize other things, like schoolwork.
Or digging some national forums to find some drama. Here we are, Sik won again (and is probably laughing about this on irc with Twiddle, wow, I envy Twiddle so much).
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

LUNardei wrote:
Twiddle wrote: The correct answer was "popping lulz out of angry jealous blowhard faggots who haven't learned how to be reasonably skeptic" but I'll give you a point for a semblance of effort. Image
I'll be honest. I always wanted to be at your place, at the right side of sikraiken. I always wanted to tell to some forums that he's doing his homeworks and maybe learn a little bit of "winners attitude" from him. In short, I always wanted to be Twiddle, but I eventually realized that I just can't. And if I can't have sikraiken, no one will have it. That's the reason why I'm destroying (lol) his internet reputation (lol) like I did (lol) with the lovely (lol) Randorama (lol).

Edit: added a lol.
I like the attempted gay joke. Nice touch.

You know the only thing that people learned from that? Do not give a single shit about your reputation, because you're going to stumble over yourself trying to uphold it with people dogging you on about it and lose interest over it.

Spoiler: I wouldn't have said a thing if it weren't for the cheating accusations over score jealousy of 100k point differences previously revealed.
Last edited by Twiddle on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unban shw
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

Holy crap whooooops I just read this quote that sikraiken wrote more carefully hahaha...
I'll have everything available (videos + write ups for all five weeks) at midnight (eastern standard time) on October 22nd. No delays etc this time since everything except week five will be uploaded well before then, it just won't be accessible to anyone. That's how I decided to do it.
I find it impossible to believe any of your claims from this now sikraiken.....
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Skyrandia wrote:
Which is hilarious, as all my current STGT replays are available to my team, and my team only.
Welcome to team strategy.
OMG I AM TEH CHEATER. >_<
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Twiddle wrote: I like the attempted gay joke.
Why attempted? :o
Always a good card anyway.
Spoiler: I wouldn't have said a thing if it weren't for the cheating accusations over score jealousy of 100k point differences previously revealed.
Honestly I don't get this, is it something about the STGT or something you pretend to be against me?
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

Which is hilarious, as all my current STGT replays are available to my team, and my team only.
Welcome to team strategy.
OMG I AM TEH CHEATER. >_<
Errr Icarus you have proven many times what a great player you are with various impressive inps and videos from various games available to the PUBLIC.

Sikraiken has proven nothing yet with his claims. He is not going to either in the future it seems according to that quote I highlighted in my previous post....
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

LUNardei wrote:Honestly I don't get this, is it something about the STGT or something you pretend to be against me?
No, until then I thought you guys were just anal-retentive, which was perfectly understandable. See: fighting game community

Now it's a different story.
unban shw
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Skyrandia wrote:Holy crap whooooops I just read this quote that sikraiken wrote more carefully hahaha...
The language barrier is getting in the way. He's saying that the videos will be uploaded in advance, and available to the public on Oct. 22nd. You guys need to turn down your attitudes a notch.
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

Ok I just misunderstood it im pretty sure. I take everything back and will be looking forward to SEEING the replays at the due time....
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Thanks Cigs, I was wrong on the last post by sik, I apologize.
His behaviour still screams "attention whore" all the time, but like this it's way better. The french guys had some good reasons to talk about it anyway (cause you know, there's no law against it), this remains pretty clear.
Last edited by LUNardei on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Skyrandia wrote:Errr Icarus you have proven many times what a great player you are with various impressive inps and videos from various games available to the PUBLIC.

Sikraiken has proven nothing yet with his claims. He is not going to either in the future it seems according to that quote I highlighted in my previous post....
Then you should probably extend that courtesy to other people.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Skyrandia

Post by Skyrandia »

Then you should probably extend that courtesy to other people.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Sorry Icarus and to all who may have been offended at what I said, I just got confused with what Sikraiken said in his post. The confusion probably came from the bolding of part of his post hahaha.