The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Blinge

Re: The Cancel Culture thread! WOO!

Post by Blinge »

Nice catch on the BLM thing, my bad for posting it.

Been seeing the same sentiment posted by muslims in my social media sphere though, actually.
Wow you only care about this war because it's white people dying! etc
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Blinge wrote:Nice catch on the BLM thing, my bad for posting it.

Been seeing the same sentiment posted by muslims in my social media sphere though, actually.
Wow you only care about this war because it's white people dying! etc
Don't feel too bad about it. I had the advantage of coming into this thread days after the fact, and looking up that account after internet detectives had already done the work for me.

The only 'tell' in that tweet was that it played into the reaction a lot of closeted bigots have to BLM - that it's not saying "Black lives matter as much as anyone else's," that the slogan is really saying "Black lives matter more." Some people react to it as an implicit statement of moral superiority. The 4chan incels behind this are no doubt well attuned to this stuff.

All that being said, my general take at this point is that even if a given post on the internet is a troll, no matter how ludicrous it might be, somebody somewhere is saying it in earnest.

Granted, as something of a connoisseur of delusional opinions there are certain crowds which appear to be far more industrious in that regard.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Black Lives Matter, m8! That's one way to cancel a movement.

"The silence is crazy" ? A wall of silence, maybe a retaliation of dubious accuracy. That's gangster 101. Cue the handwringing and virtue-signalling and fuck all else.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sengoku Strider wrote:The only 'tell' in that tweet was
...that it's conservative leaders who are actually doing this, and the right's need to project is pathological.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

BIL wrote: "The silence is crazy"
"Snitches get stitches"?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Sengoku Strider

BIL wrote:Black Lives Matter, m8! That's one way to cancel a movement.

"The silence is crazy" ? A wall of silence, maybe a retaliation of dubious accuracy. That's gangster 101. Cue the handwringing and virtue-signalling and fuck all else.
My God, that picture of her in the hospital. Does British BLM not have their own version of Brother Mouzone?
BulletMagnet wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:The only 'tell' in that tweet was
...that it's conservative leaders who are actually doing this, and the right's need to project is pathological.
Yeah...things might not be going so well for that anti-racism activist, but pro-racism activists are finding their time to shine.

The courageous political dissident the congressman is heroically defending from the thought police:

These guys are just withholding every last fuck they have to give now.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Whenever someone mentions that Fuentes character I think of this.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

As ruefully hilarious as the notion of a barely-closeted Mexican dwarf leading WHITE MURICA is, I pall slightly when I remember that historically, these figures have always been ridiculous, even the ones that did real damage. Next we'll find out he only has one ball. :/

(or more likely, a sextape leaks of him getting jackhammered by his buff catboy buddies. call it "Poor Little Not-Quite-White Guy" Image)
Sengoku Strider wrote:My God, that picture of her in the hospital. Does British BLM not have their own version of Brother Mouzone?
I suspect UKBLM would put a hit out on Mouzone, after he'd spent an afternoon cleaning up Peckham. :lol:

Sadly there is no place for steely problem-solvers here. England's gang culture, which produces dead black kids (and the odd white one) at hideous rate, is nothing more than a vapid LARP of Jamaica's. Jam's hellish yards have extreme poverty, corrupt police, and an ill-advised break with the mother country to blame. England has bored kids in expensive trainers LARPing as barefoot yardie child soldiers.

Then comes Sasha and co, telling wider society it's mean old PC Plod behind the self-inflicted nihilist carnage. Poor educational attainment and job prospects? Must be white-biased testing and hiring! Oh wait. White working-class kids are in the toilet, while African immigrant pupils are doing outstandingly in the same system. Let's brace ourselves for some punishingly dispassionate social science, and figure out how to - oh. She's caught stray LARPer lead, like a thousand other young black city-dwellers. Crumbs.

I don't mean to sound cold, but my biggest regret here is the UK media/political cartel memory-holing her so fast my TV imploded. A trendy, easy answer to complex societal issues was always going to steal the spotlight away, but here was the starkest reality check possible. This isn't Kingston. It's not Plod rolling up and rinsing out early morning dos.

That story is the first media coverage I've seen in almost a year, and it's the same predictable epitaph to black-on-black murder. A cry of disbelief from the bereaved, that of dozens of witnesses at the latest ill-fated do, nobody saw anything.

https://youtu.be/WzLsgZsDbCw?t=58
emphatic wrote:
BIL wrote: "The silence is crazy"
"Snitches get stitches"?
Babylon fi dead!
Sengoku Strider

BIL wrote:As ruefully hilarious as the notion of a barely-closeted Mexican dwarf leading WHITE MURICA is, I pall slightly when I remember that historically, these figures have always been ridiculous, even the ones that did real damage. Next we'll find out he only has one ball. :/

(or more likely, a sextape leaks of him getting jackhammered by his buff catboy buddies. call it "Poor Little Not-Quite-White Guy"

I don't know how many fursuit owners there are in this picture, but I'd bet Nick Fuentes' life it's >2.
Mischief Maker wrote:Whenever someone mentions that Fuentes character I think of this.
Trigger warning next time plz.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I wonder sometimes what these guys' endgame is, assuming something more exotic than the obvious of raw grift. I'm about as white as Saint Nick, Mexi-Friend to Caucasians and Power Bottom of Catboys. We'd both be assraped and necklaced by actual white supremacists (an act of not only murder, but cultural appropriation! of the Greeks and the Zulu, respectively).

Then there's his lieutenants, like this guy, who can only be described as Gavin McInnes's bitter dwarf clone. Look at him go! He's not even tall enough to visibly stuff a dildo up his dumper live on-air, like his more famous bro. Untermensch as fuck bro, you're goin' in the oven with the Wienerschnitzels. Maybe your remains will fertilise the soil that grows the crops that feed your genetic superiors.

To be fair his wife recently left him for a black guy, and is by all accounts thrilled with her new sex life, so I suppose you can go ahead and call this uncharitable. 3;

Ah fuck, there's that familiar twinge again, the one that goes "All these motherfuckers looked ridiculous until they killed a couple million people." Maybe this is like if people in the 1920s had internet.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BIL wrote:Ah fuck, there's that familiar twinge again, the one that goes "All these motherfuckers looked ridiculous until they killed a couple million people." Maybe this is like if people in the 1920s had internet.
Obligatory.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Excellently done. :mrgreen:
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Also there's the boring explanation that these guys are just horrible rotten people putting up a happy-go-lucky prankster persona as a front. For years Richard Spencer cultivated an image of himself as the "dapper nazi" who was soft-spoken and smiley and wore nice suits. Anything horrible to be interpreted in his speech was "irony."

...but then his "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville turned into an orgy of nazi violence, it was horrible optics for his alt-right, and he got caught on tape letting his true, angry, violent, I-will-dominate-you personality come out so hard his voice broke. Not a scrap of irony armor to hide behind.

I'm reminded of a point made by Contrapoints in her video on crypto-fascists. Before she came out as trans, she would jump at any social opportunity to cross-dress "ironically."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e7SPm3Uohc

BIL

Post by BIL »

Spencer instantly made me think back to what could be considered his early 00s English counterpart. Although to be marginally fair on Collet, while he's similarly venomous, I don't think he's ever been recorded losing his shit quite that spectacularly.

The BNP would later die a natural death after briefly becoming a political contender, some small hope. I'd like to think so, anyway. I feel about Neo Nazis roughly the way I do about pedos. Best kept in plain sight. You guys' unparalleled firearms availability makes that a scarier proposal on your side of the pond, ofc.

(man, Channel 4 was good back then. this was 2002, around Darkplace and Black Books' original runs. Bo Selecta too. sad how things turned out. 3;)
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Well I feel I gotta clarify a point I've been harping on these last few months. When I talk about people on the right being monsters this whole time, I'm talking about the media influencers and the leadership.

As for ordinary people, a lot of folks live in news deserts where Fox and right-wing talk radio are their only source of info, so horror stories of un-fuck-able green M&Ms are the only vision of normal available to them.

And I can understand how people can follow bad paths with good intentions. Stupid me, I actually believed #gamergate was about ethics in gaming journalism at the time. And you'll see my dumb ass in that thread here saying, "guys, guys, why are you talking about women and SJWs? This is supposed to be about crooked game reviews like the guy getting fired from gamespot for writing a negative review of (Kane and Lynch?) during a massive ad campaign for that game!" Then years later I find out the booze-smelling porcine fingers of Steve Bannon were pulling the strings of that particular punch and judy show.

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I imagine you're already aware of it, MM, but a few days back in the "apocalypse" thread I linked to an interview Bill Barr recently did to hock his new book. Therein he readily calls Trump a liar, a fraud, unqualified and dangerous - but says that if he's the 2024 GOP nominee he's still going to vote for him.

There are a lot of folks out there who are much more readily defined as "good, decent ordinary people" who think, and eventually act, exactly the same way.

To me, the issue is not the people who don't have access to information (or, more accurately in my view, don't bother to seek it out), but the ones who do, and unlike yourself refuse to do anything with it.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Well Bill Barr is scum (whose dad gave Jeffrey Epstein a job as a high school math teacher at a prestigious private school) who definitely falls under the "leaders and influencers" category.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The gamergator stuff was pretty obviously one of those "those OTHER people have life on easy mode!" nonsense from the start. With how ads have existed forever. And what with the event sparking it all off was when some lady banged some reviewer and got an above average review for her obscure indie game no one has ever heard of before and since. And of course, the absolute rage over what's-her-face getting thousands of buckeroos to make some boring video essays on video games. God those guys love the c word.

It's totally the same kind of thing as Reagan's "welfare queens".

In my experience, I rather find apathy to be a wonderful gift, to the alternative.
Mischief Maker wrote:Well I feel I gotta clarify a point I've been harping on these last few months. When I talk about people on the right being monsters this whole time, I'm talking about the media influencers and the leadership.
Just the kind of thing someone who hasn't been doomerified yet would say! Almost as bad as putting air quotes around the apocalypse!

It's honestly a cope to try to rationalize that humans aren't as bad as we are. Yes, it's easy to blame the people with all the money, all the power, and are the only voices people hear in their lives. That's a normal leftist point of view, to blame systemic reasons over individuals. That humans are people.

But if people weren't horrible, these tricks wouldn't work. They believe these lies because they want to believe them. Because they make them feel powerful and good about themselves. "Being" on the team that literally always wins does that.

The #1 thing I don't understand about humans is how much they like compliments. Do their brains not work? When a stranger compliments you, it's obvious they only want to get into your pants: usually just to grab your wallet. It's absolutely backwards upside-down world, just insane.

At least these guys enjoy their bloodbaths. Vs the West Wing style monsters.

When the Dry Bones guy asks "Hey, your countries are built on genocide and seizing land. So why can't we do it?" I don't have a good response. "Murder is bad" doesn't really ring true to history, when it's someone with any power doing it.

We're all monsters.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Yeah, Disney gave a ton of money to the "Don't Say Gay" bill republicans, but that doesn't mean they're Nazis!

Oh wait...

Sengoku Strider

Mischief Maker wrote:Yeah, Disney gave a ton of money to the "Don't Say Gay" bill republicans, but that doesn't mean they're Nazis!

Oh wait...
Yeah but as this guy rocking the anime avatar + 4chan screenshot combo proves, Disney actively works to turn children into hookers. So they like to balance that yang with some yin.

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

RIP TerraOnion's Alex and his sweet Andorran tax haven profits
https://twitter.com/8bitesquire/status/ ... 3822178306
BIL

Post by BIL »

Remember to mix BUSSINESS with INHUMANITY kids 3;
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Texas Monthly's review of the last days of a Texan at RT. https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-polit ... t-america/
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Just checked and yep RT's channel was banned by Google.

This is... actually relevant since we were talking about wrestlers who've passed recently. "Politics is wrestling" is actually kind of wrong: in wrestling they talk shit about the guy who signs their paychecks in and out of kayfabe all the time, while the absolute worst I've seen a politician in a position of power say about them is Obama calling them "fat cats", which was going too far and the man was promptly corrected. So wrestling = Talk shit about the bosses, is entertaining sometimes to watch. Politics = Praise the bosses, is almost never entertaining to watch. (Remember when that fly in two minutes outstaged everything Ted Cruz has done in his entire life?)

There was a Jesse Ventura clip on youtube where he talked about how trickle-down economics worked in wrestlin': Vince and his union busting friend Hulk Hogan got the majority of the cash, while Jesse and the other talent got the left over crumbs at the bottom of the fish tank. It had goofy animations of them as fish chomping on the cash and everything.

You're not allowed to see it tho. Only *I* am privileged enough to remember what it looked like.

Ah, our internet's gonna be as locked down as China's one of these days. Taking away the "dislike" counter will look cute and quaint in comparison. (Remember when we cancelled the godawful Youtube Rewind videos, and then they uncancelled it? Magically magical!)
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

BryanM wrote:There was a Jesse Ventura clip on youtube where he talked about how trickle-down economics worked in wrestlin': Vince and his union busting friend Hulk Hogan got the majority of the cash, while Jesse and the other talent got the left over crumbs at the bottom of the fish tank. It had goofy animations of them as fish chomping on the cash and everything.

You're not allowed to see it tho. Only *I* am privileged enough to remember what it looked like.

Ah, our internet's gonna be as locked down as China's one of these days. Taking away the "dislike" counter will look cute and quaint in comparison. (Remember when we cancelled the godawful Youtube Rewind videos, and then they uncancelled it? Magically magical!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfXi7tfM6Q

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Bro.... thank you. I couldn't find it for my life.

Ventura is kind of comically unpersoned by everyone. The media hates his guts because he opposed the Iraq War (along with other fellow unpeople, such as Phil Donahue), always going like "disgraced former crackpot governor and mullet-haver Jesse Ventura" every chance they get. Like in a fluff piece about people cooking tuna casseroles for a dog shelter, just throw in a diss out of nowhere in there. A lot of leftists loathed the "draft Jesse for the green party nomination" idea, one remarking 'look at how he governed before to see how he'd govern in the future' and I was like 'there... will be more trains? This is a dangerous game you play, considering the sexual proclivities of this forum'.

When the twitter mob cancels someone, they get mean comments on their twitter posts. When dictators and their spin men cancel someone, it sticks. Phil went from being an absolute juggernaut, as big as Oprah, to a homeless man in a gutter overnight. I don't even know if the guy's alive or dead; I'm sure the news will mention his passing in a cough at the end of the weather report. Or he'll get the MLK treatment and they'll all gush about how great and amazing and groundbreaking he was, and pretend the unpersoning never happened. The dead are harmless and voiceless, after all.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

oh that's fantastic. thanks for that
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

The People's Convoy (totally not Communal or Communist) is a constant source of amusement...
...but I fear it's about to be CANCELLED!

Here's the cliff notes version of the Freedumb Convoy's history:
- They started getting scared of light rains and little women giving them the finger for taking up too many rains
- They harassed a black reporter who came to their encampment do a piece until he left in fear
- They started talking about GUNS FOR SELF DEFENSE FROM THE FINGERS! and TERRORISTIC THREATS!
- Then they boxed in some Tesla driver and tried to illegally detain him for allegedly brake checking them
- Then they started pissing themselves because they're not smart enough to carry pee bottles, and they want to blame it on a First Amendment infringement by DC police
- Still looking for the source of their funding, which clearly is looking to get people killed for PR
- Now the ride looks like it's winding down as medics quit :(
- Still looking for an official count of blown-out hemorrhoids

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1 ... 9763548169