The Pre-order updates thread! (Region free crap welcome too)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

Are you tired of having to put up with these irrelevant posts and welcome this thread?

No, I take this thread as a personal insult. Now Die. Screaming.
19%
Yes, thanks for doing this, I've been thinking about it myself.
47%
What are pre-orders, are they region free?
35%

Total votes: 200

MintyTheCat

Re: The Pre-order updates thread! (Region free crap welcome too)

Post by MintyTheCat »

dan76 wrote:Preorders for Mushi open at videogameimports.com.
Regular edition - £66.99, limited edition - £87.99. Pretty good service in the past, I've always got games within a day or two of release date.
Avoid Video Game Imports at all Costs, that bunch are extremely dodgy and will lose things and then say that they sent it to you at the drop of a Hat - avoid at all costs. Btw they charge way too much too.
More Bromances = safer people
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Preordered from VGI, looking forward to this one.
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Question from NCSX users. When you preorder, do they charge your credit card immediately or only when it ships?
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Casper<3 wrote:Question from NCSX users. When you preorder, do they charge your credit card immediately or only when it ships?
only when it ships
if your credit card has a problem they'll send you an email
MintyTheCat wrote:Avoid Video Game Imports at all Costs, that bunch are extremely dodgy and will lose things and then say that they sent it to you at the drop of a Hat - avoid at all costs. Btw they charge way too much too.
What gives?
VGI was always great for me.
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

Casper<3 wrote:Question from NCSX users. When you preorder, do they charge your credit card immediately or only when it ships?
From the site

"Credit card pre-orders submitted on-line are not processed or charged until NCS stocks the product(s) and prepares the pre-order for shipping to our customer. Please note that if you choose the Paypal Express option, Paypal will automatically process the transaction upon checkout. "
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

MintyTheCat wrote:Avoid Video Game Imports at all Costs, that bunch are extremely dodgy and will lose things and then say that they sent it to you at the drop of a Hat - avoid at all costs. Btw they charge way too much too.
I've ALWAYS used VGI and had no problems at any time.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
TSJ

Post by TSJ »

Another vote of confidence for VGI here. I've used them a fair few times now and the service is excellent; I'm in the UK (Bristol) & normally get my preorders the day after release. Going with them again for Mushi HD.
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

What the hell is taking play-asia so long to get the LE up for preorder?
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Hallo MintyTheCat,

Your wrong about Video Game Imports. I have used them for years and would recommend them. Yes it's true their not cheap, but you get what you pay for. They have very fast delivery. STG community should fully support them. Play Asia are also great but have longer delivery times.
Gamertag: Alfred Saxon
Arcade: ENG
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Hmmm... if play-asia follow suit and charge £20 more for the LE over the SE then I think I'll pass (considering the shipping on an LE will be £5 more as well)

Over £60 for a SE is pretty ridiculous... I haven't paid money like that for a new release game since the NES/SNES days, but the obscurity (arguably) justified (read "necessitated") the price.

I hope it comes with a pot of Vaseline at least so I can prepare myself for the legalised bum-rape that is clearly occurring
Last edited by DrTrouserPlank on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
BIL

Post by BIL »

emphatic wrote:I've ALWAYS used VGI and had no problems at any time.
Same here. Three years of frequent orders without a single hitch.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:I hope it comes with a pot of Vaseline at least so I can prepare myself for the legalised bum-rape that is clearly occurring
No, that's the PS2 port, but it's smeared across the screen instead.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

emphatic wrote:
DrTrouserPlank wrote:I hope it comes with a pot of Vaseline at least so I can prepare myself for the legalised bum-rape that is clearly occurring
No, that's the PS2 port, but it's smeared across the screen instead.
Are the filters really that bad?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Hmmm... if play-asia follow suit and charge £20 more for the LE over the SE then I think I'll pass (considering the shipping on an LE will be £5 more as well)
I'm not sure what you're really expecting here. The difference in cost between the two is 2100 yen, which works out to £16.52 in today's money. I'm also not sure it really costs a lot more to ship an LE; the size and weight difference between the two is negligible.
Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

Gus

Post by Gus »

Finally somewhere that has this at something resembling a reasonable price.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Yeah, but if you're in the Uk you will be clobbered for VAT on it because amiami use such stupidly big boxes.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Yeah, but if you're in the Uk you will be clobbered for VAT on it because amiami use such stupidly big boxes.
My AKS & DFK LE's went through fine
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Sik-07 wrote:
DrTrouserPlank wrote:Yeah, but if you're in the Uk you will be clobbered for VAT on it because amiami use such stupidly big boxes.
My AKS & DFK LE's went through fine
You're very lucky then.

The box they sent my under defeat LE in was bigger than what the postman would deliver so it would have been a parcel delivery, and packages of that size get looked at by customs (because they are probably of higher value)

You also get a nice £8 charge from royal mail on top of the VAT as well.

Edit: can you cancel pre-orders on their website? I want to order something but don't really want to if canceling it will be a hassle.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Edit: can you cancel pre-orders on their website? I want to order something but don't really want to if canceling it will be a hassle.
By policy you're not supposed to cancel orders from AmiAmi - if you email and ask they -might- do it for you but they'll nag you about it if they allow it.
ZenErik

Re: Mushihimesama HD (360) 24th May 2012

Post by ZenErik »

LE at AmiAmi is roughly $95 before shipping, I think. Can't remember, but I put in my pre order last night. :D
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Got my preorder in for the regular edition. Adding it to the ton of other stuff I have preordered on Amiami.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Still no update from play-asia on the LE of Mushihimesama.

Wonder if they can't get stock of it or something?
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Alfred wrote:Hallo MintyTheCat,

Your wrong about Video Game Imports. I have used them for years and would recommend them. Yes it's true their not cheap, but you get what you pay for. They have very fast delivery. STG community should fully support them. Play Asia are also great but have longer delivery times.
I shall take the time to put up the entire set of E-Mails I had with their head Guy. And they do charge way too much. I had a problem whereby I bought a piece of Hardware; an expensive piece of Hardware that didn't work. I then witnessed very dodgy behaviour from the head Guy. I spend a lot of time buying from all over the World and I generally know the going rate for things and I expect 'Service'. This guy lost me as a Customer a few Years ago after the stunt he pulled. I have heard a few People state similar experiences with VGI.

This involved lying at the outset, lying when things were clearly not corrected and then lying about ripping off the Postal-Service. I can tell you very well that I can see a dodgy operator a mile off and that Guy is firmly in that Category. On the otherhand I have had very problems dealing with People over in Japan. As such, he lost my custom and I spend a hell of a lot of Cash on my Hobby so his loss :D
More Bromances = safer people
ZenErik

Post by ZenErik »

StarCreator wrote:
DrTrouserPlank wrote:Edit: can you cancel pre-orders on their website? I want to order something but don't really want to if canceling it will be a hassle.
By policy you're not supposed to cancel orders from AmiAmi - if you email and ask they -might- do it for you but they'll nag you about it if they allow it.
I've cancelled from AmiAmi before. Just took a simple e-mail. They generally respond very quickly.

You could also essentially cancel a pre-order by just not paying for it. They only hold it for a week after the initial e-mail telling you to pay.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

I ended up going for the Mushihimesama LE in the end because I can't win. If I bought the SE and got charged VAT I'd be annoyed at having spent so much and not have got the LE which wouldn't have cost much more relatively speaking.

I'm sure the package from AmiAmi will get caught for VAT which is a massive pain, but that still only makes it the same sort of price as everywhere else, and whilst they are more likely to get through without customs charging there's no guarantee, and if they do get charged then it ends up costing you even more.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll sell out of pre-orders (it even went temporarily out of stock yesterday), and then you're faced with a problem of where the hell to get it from next.
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

Sorry for the dumb question, but I couldn't find it on AmiAmi's site, and this is my first time using them.

I preordered the LE of Mushi, but I am unsure when they are going to ask for payment. Will they just give me a link to paypal and have me pay for it once the game comes out?
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

Bee Cool wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but I couldn't find it on AmiAmi's site, and this is my first time using them.

I preordered the LE of Mushi, but I am unsure when they are going to ask for payment. Will they just give me a link to paypal and have me pay for it once the game comes out?
That's what I did with Under Defeat and it was an incredibly painless transaction. Game came in perfect condition, too. When the game is ready to be shipped they send an invoice. In and out, easy as pie.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

So when I get the email, do I have to go into paypal myself and gift them the money, or do they have me log in through their site or email (like play-asia) and pay for it that way.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Bee Cool wrote:So when I get the email, do I have to go into paypal myself and gift them the money, or do they have me log in through their site or email (like play-asia) and pay for it that way.
They give you a link to go through and you just OK the transaction.