DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jinki

Re: DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

Post by Jinki »

Observer wrote:At the very least we can guarantee these versions will work.
Except on Steam/PC.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

Observer wrote:I've been playing a fair bit more of the different game modes. Black Label is crushing me without pity, even on Novice. Arrange A/B, I'm still trying to understand them. One seems to be DOJ old hyper system mechanics, right? The other... the other feels like a disjointed, disorganized Matrix-styled mess. I have no idea what I'm doing so any pointers will be welcomed.
like previously stated Arrange A lacks any slowdown so its unplayable for score
Arrange B is pointless to talk about, i wish that was the mode w/o slowdown instead of Arrange A and no one woulda complained lol
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

PS. More news about the updates is on the way: it hasn't been forgotten.
The latest update revolves around various OST releases, though the above quote also indicates that they'll have an update on the other issues soon. If you're interested in voting - which affects the order of said releases - check out the post here.
Jinki

Post by Jinki »

Why would I purchase more stuff for a broken game? If you're still throwing money at Degica before they fix their games, you're a turd.
Aldnox

Post by Aldnox »

Jinki wrote:Why would I purchase more stuff for a broken game? If you're still throwing money at Degica before they fix their games, you're a turd.
Degica can't fix the game though. That's CAVE's fault.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

You can just replace Degica in his post with CAVE and it's the same. Don't buy DLC and shit until they make good on their promise.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

any news? did Degica finally give up after the negative feedback?
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Bananamatic wrote:any news? did Degica finally give up after the negative feedback?
Nick did run away.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

the weak should fear the strong
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Been lurking the thread hard for a while. Does this game still have an invisi-boss? Reminds me of the invisible enemy bug (har) in the Mushi port that happens sometimes.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

invisiboss was related to the in-game's language
its fixed now; still nothing on the rest tho
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

The two most recent OST release updates both indicated that they would have some news on that front soon. I'm hopin' for good news myself.

If Nick is absent from this thread, it's probably because - in spite of expediently reporting on OST issues, tate'd options screen bug, invisible boss bug and seeing them addressed - the community would boo and hiss any time the update didn't say "we fixed the slowdown." I obviously can't comment on how fast it "should" be fixed or whatever: god knows there's already enough fruitless speculation in this thread. But, he provided early statements saying CAVE was aware, and the latest updates from Degica both assure that they are working on something in that front. Given the attitude conveyed by some vocal members, I suspect he is waiting to post when he has the news people want to hear.

I understand the gripes re: Deathsmiles slowdown; y'all been burned before and so you're extremely vocal in the post-release since things are more likely to soon after release rather than later. This sentiment has been made quite clear. Nick can't fix this himself, he has obviously reported everything as best as he can, and I bet he'll be back if/when the slowdown is given a remedy.
Bananamatic wrote:the weak should fear the strong
I guess I am confused, since this is the second time you've said this shit: do we want them to keep us posted with updates or not? Dude came in here and started learning to play SHMUPs just so he could connect with this section of Degica's community... these snyde slights about his character are unnecessary.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

blackrabite wrote:these snyde slights about his character are unnecessary.
it's a joke dude
kind of like cave's QA
CAVE was aware
people were aware of it before the game was released based on 3 minutes of footage, cave better be aware of it for several months now
they are working on something in that front
they better be working on it for a long ass time now
do we want them to keep us posted with updates
with real updates, not shit like "we are aware of this" and "we know this is really important for some people" when the game mode is so busted that even beginners are disgusted by how slow it runs
did cave realize where the issue is? can it be fixed? any time estimates on how long it will take?

it's fucked, admit that it's fucked and get some detailed info from cave
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

Yeah, the slowdown's fucked.
I would prefer them to say "we're fixing it" compared to anything else.
But I think that some of the posts in this thread have been more rude than anything else.
I guess the general vibe is clashing with my optimism, so I'll just have to get thicker skin and continue hoping for the best.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Hi guys,

Sorry, I took a few days off last week (we had had a brutal schedule for a while, and I needed a breather), and was busy with catching up on a lot of other stuff this week. The OST news is the only thing I've been cleared to talk about yet, but I can say that work has not stopped on issues with CAVE titles.

Expect some news on a few things later this week or early next week.
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

Neato! Welcome back, hope you enjoyed the time off! Lookin' forward to the latest news whenever you've got it.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Oh.
Hi Nick.
:P
5pectre

Post by 5pectre »

Good news. I'm still holding off buying the latest Degica titles on Steam till the issues are resolved.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

NickPalmerDegica wrote: Expect some news on a few things later this week or early next week.
Can we expect any new title announcements, or release date info for the new Dariusburst DLCs?
Feel free to drop a hint... :wink:
NickPalmerDegica

Most of the news I know is coming is Cave game related. And not a new game.
Jinki

Post by Jinki »

Aldnox wrote:
Jinki wrote:Why would I purchase more stuff for a broken game? If you're still throwing money at Degica before they fix their games, you're a turd.
Degica can't fix the game though. That's CAVE's fault.
No. It's both of their faults. If Degica had any sort of respect for their customers they would have busted CAVE's tail over this slap job of a port, possibly after the first time it happened, not the third, and made them uphold their end of whatever deal they made. However, Degica knows they can release a terrible port, enough people will buy it, and they can move on with a little damage control. Degica probably had CAVE slap together whatever they would for them, as quick and cheap as they could - if your audience doesn't demand quality, they'd be an idiot for spending the time and resources to make a quality port. So what they are doing is actually quite smart, but it doesn't make them any less a bunch of scumbags for doing it.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

Jinki, what do you mean? How would Degica exactly "bust CAVE's tail"? Degica likely already paid for the rights to publish the game. They have no leverage over CAVE. CAVE would have to fix it at their own cost.

It's all on CAVE.

I agree that this costs CAVE, at least in reputation. But Degica's hands are tied.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Well the patch is out http://steamcommunity.com/app/464450/allnews/
Ketsuipachi is kicking my ass so things are looking up :D

Agreed, that this is on CAVE . After two previous STEAM releases, they should be getting this right. I will say though, that some of the language used by DEGICA was not exactly instilling confidence :wink:
Talk of not being able to replicate the slowdown for the pc, was worryingly vague. Seemed like we were going to be left with an excuse, rather than a fix.

Also there was this infamous line re. slowdown:
"Having said that, we also realise for some of you, this is a very important element of the game, so we, along with Cave will continue to investigate what can be done with regards this issue"
That was sure to go down well! (there was nanner skins everywhere :mrgreen: )
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Zen wrote:Well the patch is out http://steamcommunity.com/app/464450/allnews/
Ketsuipachi is kicking my ass so things are looking up :D

Agreed, that this is on CAVE . After two previous STEAM releases, they should be getting this right. I will say though, that some of the language used by DEGICA was not exactly instilling confidence :wink:
Talk of not being able to replicate the slowdown for the pc, was worryingly vague. Seemed like we were going to be left with an excuse, rather than a fix.

Also there was this infamous line re. slowdown:
"Having said that, we also realise for some of you, this is a very important element of the game, so we, along with Cave will continue to investigate what can be done with regards this issue"
That was sure to go down well! (there was nanner skins everywhere :mrgreen: )
Is this a partial or a complete fix to Ketsuipachi's slowdown?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Durandal wrote: Is this a partial or a complete fix to Ketsuipachi's slowdown?
As I have not played it on xbox360, i'm not qualified to say. The obvious "oh! somethings wrong here!" slowdown, is gone though.
Up to the more experience Ketsuipatchi players here to give it the "fixed" seal of approval.
Dracuify

Post by Dracuify »

Seems a lot better, no excessive slowdown in stage 1 and 2 atleast when using shot+laser. Things are looking good.
blackrabite

Post by blackrabite »

This is awesome news to start off my work day with! Thanks to everyone for seein' this through: way excited to sit down and spend some time with Ketsuipachi this weekend.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

all thats missing is arrange A to be fixed
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

How's the slowdown on hivac/doom? I remember that one running at pretty much permanent slowdown
NickPalmerDegica

Awww, they pushed the slowdown fix while I was asleep. I wanted to announce that here :B.

They had it in testing all last week. It should get rid of most of the egregious stuff. Please play through it everyone and tell us if you are spotting anything wrong still with BLA.