Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

I have the Egret!...Yippie, sorry about the messy garage was working on it out there first. Hope you guys have a good weekend gathering I sadly now have to work first every sunday.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

mrtie wrote: I have the Egret!...Yippie, sorry about the messy garage was working on it out there first. Hope you guys have a good weekend gathering I sadly now have to work first every sunday.
Awesome!
Your garage is not messy until you see mine lol… I have a Mustang convertible with a bad rack and OD-less AOD that has become a shelf :?
(I really really should get that car fix and on the road…)

Sorry to hear that you are unable to make it to future gatherings :cry:
If it looks like you will have a free weekend in the future, please let us know and we will accommodate :D

We should set a big meet for this summer!
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Yeah Sonic I would love to have a Shmup/game meet up here in the northern wastes one of these days but I understand it's a damn long haul coming up from the Detriot area. But if you guys ever think you'd want to make the treck I have plenty of room, cabs, tv's etc. and I literally live 5 min off I-75.

She's home and in her natural place now.

Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

For mrtie,

I don't mind travel - perhaps we can get everyone together to go out that way sometime in the future!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ALERT
My friend is in town and as always, I will be throwing together a quick gathering. We are scheduled to gather this Saturday, May 2, 2009 at my home, in the dungeon.

Here is the schedule:

Gathering time set to begin at 6 o'clock pm

Things to bring:
Favorite controller or arcade stick
Favorite beverage
any games you wish to play and show of

Sorry for short notice, and if not able to make attendance, there is full understanding :oops:
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'll probably come up, I don't think I have any plans.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Oh snap. Sounds like some Outrun will have to be played. :D

I have not been on Xbox for a little while. Have ya taken down my scores yet Davey?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Ayanami wrote:Oh snap. Sounds like some Outrun will have to be played. :D
Since there's no local multiplayer, should I bring my 360? I don't know if anybody else bought this (if not, they should!).
Ayanami wrote:I have not been on Xbox for a little while. Have ya taken down my scores yet Davey?
Perhaps... 8)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Man, I need to get me Outrun XBLA! I been playing other versions for the past weeks (SMS, Genesis, and Outrun 2 on Xbox) I want to get in this score chase…

For Davey,
Glad to have you come, I don't have your number so I couldn't send out a text :oops:
You may bring your 360 if you like, at least the HDD for sure. I think my friend JR mentioned he will have his 360 but not sure, and I imagine Ayanami will bring his 360 and monitor?

And I get this in the post today :D

MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

mrtie wrote:Yeah Sonic I would love to have a Shmup/game meet up here in the northern wastes one of these days but I understand it's a damn long haul coming up from the Detriot area. But if you guys ever think you'd want to make the treck I have plenty of room, cabs, tv's etc. and I literally live 5 min off I-75.
How far North are you? I live in the UP, and I've been interested in attending one of these meets someday.
DT

Post by DT »

good seeing/meeting everyone at Jazz's tonight, good times :P

Some of you guys need to start liking some GOOD fighting games (tekken, guilty gear, hell I'd even accept doa or arcana heart lol) :lol:

Also, I couldn't help but notice that other 360 hard drive getting achievements on Jazz's j360...yeah...being the achievement whore that I am, I think I might have to cash in on that :P lol

time to get my self esteem boost with outrun
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Joe, go play Mystic Quest.

hahah. but no last night was a blast. nice meeting everyone i havent met before.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Just want to say Thank You to everyone for coming out!
Was good to see everyone and my friend had a good time too.
We will see everyone next time!

Hope everyone had great fun and a wonderful time :D

For Davey, let me know about that Agetec stick :wink:

For DT, You can bring your HDD anytime if you'd like to get some shooting achievements 8)

I'm going to try to get me Out Run XBLA soon!

and
For MR_Soren,
mrtie is located in the Saginaw area if I am not mistaken.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:For Davey, let me know about that Agetec stick :wink:
I'll bring it with me next time I come up. If you and Ayanami want to get in a bidding war over it, I'm totally cool with that.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

[quote="Sonic R"]

And I get this in the post today :D

[quote]

How is it? I sadly cheaped out and got air bubble shipping so I am playing the waiting game still.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Everybody seemed to love it last night. I think the general consensus is that it's a pretty accurate port.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=25948

So you want me to get Pink Sweets SonicR? Well if there anything in my list you can't live without you can help the cuase, if I even sell a 1/3 of that by friday Pink Sweets is for sure.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Been playin a little OutRun tonight, and I'm confused as to why it says OutRun 2 in the lower right corner at certain loading screens? Is this just a some-what port of Outrun 2?

And, Davey and Ayanami, your scores are stupid. I can't beat them. YET!
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

I've heard rumors of this Saturday?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:I've heard rumors of this Saturday?
If there is interest, I don't see why not :D
Davey

Post by Davey »

Hey Sonic, do you have that Saturn to DC converter that was with my twin sticks? I can't remember if I lent it to you with the twin sticks or not. Not that I really need it any time soon, I'm just wondering.

It looks like this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-h5-49-en-70-46.html
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:Hey Sonic, do you have that Saturn to DC converter that was with my twin sticks? I can't remember if I lent it to you with the twin sticks or not. Not that I really need it any time soon, I'm just wondering.

It looks like this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-h5-49-en-70-46.html
Yup.
It was in my controller pile under the consoles. Sorry about that :oops:
Davey

Post by Davey »

No worries, I haven't even hooked up my Saturn or Dreamcast since I moved into my apartment, and that was in July or August. I just wanted to make sure I didn't lose it.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

mrtie: Damn, that Egret is sexy. I'd definitely be willing to make the drive up to Saginaw to hang out with you guys and play some cabs and drink beer. I commute 45 minutes each way to work and I drive all day doing deliveries so heading up there would be nothing for me.
quizknows

Post by quizknows »

speaking of DC agetec sticks, since I sanwa modded mine, I happen to have 2 sets of agetec buttons laying around if anyone has a use for them.

also, I'm sure you guys have resident stick modders or just do the stuff yourselves since you've got cabs, but I do occasional work on older consoles/sticks just FYI.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I was in Chicago the past weekend and snagged a Turbo Duo Arcade Card for some Sapphire action. Fun little game! Perhaps I'll have to bring those along to the next meet I make, assuming someone else hasn't already beaten me to the punch :P
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

When's the next meet? The past two weeks kinda threw me off :p
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIFrDfD ... annel_page

Quick little HD video of pink sweets , well of me sucking at PS, but there so little good footage of the game I thought you guys might like this.
boagman

Post by boagman »

mrtie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIFrDfD ... annel_page

Quick little HD video of pink sweets , well of me sucking at PS, but there so little good footage of the game I thought you guys might like this.
Thanks for posting it! I can guarantee you that, judging by your final comment, if that's you, then I'm probably positively *abysmal*. ;)

Still, liked the commentary.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

boagman wrote: Thanks for posting it! I can guarantee you that, judging by your final comment, if that's you, then I'm probably positively *abysmal*. ;)

Still, liked the commentary.
Thanks I'm still a relative shmups newbie, but I plan on getting a lot more footage now that I have this little camera and how well the picture quality turns out. I think if I can be bothered I may get to editing and put together some video reviews of the boards I own.