Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Satan
Banned User

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Satan »

Rob wrote:Conspiracy nuts.

The very idea a coup d'etat would happen in America live on TV is just ridiculous especially considering its intelligence's track record of 'regime change' around the world. The government serves you. The government loves you. We don't or never have infiltrated 'terrorist' groups and used them as death squads to carry out our objectives or anything like that, that's just crazy.
Keep paying those taxes for all the public services you don't get! You are free! You don't live in a propaganda based society where the state media masquerades as a free press, that's INSANE!
There is no force or coercion involved because we love you xoxoxox
VOTE HILLARY YOU SEXIST BEAST!
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
BIL

Post by BIL »

Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Mischief Maker wrote:This is not a wise man, he's a dimwitted ideologue who was raised since birth to worship Ronald Reagan as a God. I went to high school with kids exactly like him, there's an inexhaustible supply.
I get the feeling that he's just the other end of why people find Trump so appealing. He does crazy shit that makes changes and markets it in a way that makes it sound really intelligent to people who don't know better.

The de facto ban on unions and the decommissioning of the high speed rail plans are the two big topic issues that turned his bullshit to the headlines, and both got spun as accounting genius that was going to save taxpayers millions; instead it just handed more money to corporations who pocketed it and told their employees to fuck off for the past 6 years.

And I've got my share of friends who love the guy. Most have 4 year STEM degrees that scored them $13/hr jobs in their field and still believe that hard work is what will push them to the middle class from there, while their employers line up semi-annual blanket pay cuts "because of the economy".
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Watching a let's play first impression review, the person playing totally sucks and dies, then they say the game needs re-balancing.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
DQ187

Post by DQ187 »

A few things that really bug me:

I can't stand when I'm talking to a girl and she catches a glimpse of herself in some darkened window or mirror behind me then can't stop looking at herself in it while I'm trying to have a conversation with her. Which leads me to my next thing.

I can't stand repeating myself. I don't know if this bugs anyone else but for me it comes from childhood, I had an aunt who after everything you said she went "HUH?" In a loud obnoxious voice. Still to this day hate repeating myself, I will end a conversation and walk away if someone says huh. Fuck You Aunt Julie! Learn to listen to the first time I spoke clearly!

3rd thing, I work at a desk job where I solder, program and test circuit boards and cables. I sit across from this lady, we've both been here for 12 years now, everytime she gets up she raises her Luxo Lamp high in the air, like a spotlight on me, which makes it pretty difficult to focus on soldering intricate 0402 caps and resistors and things. I've asked her several times if she's gonna leave her desk for a bit to either lower it or turn in off so it's not shining down on me. She does it every time! Plus im repeating myself, so it's really a double whammy!

Anyway, end rant! :evil:
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

Samba de Amigo just baffles me. I mean, I have never played it, but I'm checking its soundtrack now. And it's a nice soundtrack, except there is no samba at all! Maracas are not even a samba instrument! They could have called it Rumba de Amigo, or Mambo de Amigo, it would be more fitting.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I'm annoyed by how others rate my Amazon reviews. If I review a product and give it a glowing rating, everyone says the review was helpful. If I give a detailed and accurate negative review of a product that sucks, like 3 out of 57 people will say the review was helpful, and all the people who have to justify having bought it need to comment on how it's the worst review ever.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

brentsg wrote:I'm annoyed by how others rate my Amazon reviews. If I review a product and give it a glowing rating, everyone says the review was helpful. If I give a detailed and accurate negative review of a product that sucks, like 3 out of 57 people will say the review was helpful, and all the people who have to justify having bought it need to comment on how it's the worst review ever.
The rating of reviews are only there to tell you how much your review deviates from the general opinion on the product.
Even if you write a lengthy and well-argumented review, you will rarely ever get more than a 65 percent approval rating if the average person thinks the product rocks.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Real estate adverts.

Purposedly inaccurate, always hiding a crook agent or psycho seller.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Fucking flippers trying to sell overpriced shit and when told about it always, unfailingly, replying with something along the lines of "you don't have to buy it at that price, now please stop polluting my sales thread". Get fucked mate, if you behave like an idiot you will be treated as such.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
moh

Post by moh »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Being born in 1999 instead of 1979.
Bananamatic wrote:atheistgod1999
I miss this place :lol:
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Whassup moh, long time no post! :)
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

moh

Post by moh »

Skykid wrote:Whassup moh, long time no post! :)
I am back just for u bb.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

moh wrote:I miss this place :lol:
This place misses you :o

I don't know if you're the dolphin we deserve, but you are the one we need now.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Mischief Maker wrote:Watching a let's play first impression review, the person playing totally sucks and dies, then they say the game needs re-balancing.
Reminds me playing Guwange for first time and I remember say that the game sucks, it isn't for now. :P
BIL

Post by BIL »

Emulators with no volume control, just audio on/off. Fuck is this the dark ages? I wanna practice muh games with emulator conveniences and run a favourite album or movie in the background. Give me the ultimate in ill-gotten comforts goddamn it! Image
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Explaining time and time again where I'm getting supposedly "all this" money from. Can't people just be happy that I'm making some money from the things that make me the most happy in life. Making music and releasing other persons music on my label.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

It's impossible to find a decent CD-playing alarm clock ever since Sony discontinued theirs.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Genesis 1 RGB having jailbars on blue. Guess I have to mod mine.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oy vey. How I wish I could complain about emulators this weekend. No, in my country, USB gamepad parts are made from ground recycled tampons and kaput after few months. :[

My weekend's gaming
Spoiler
It's ridiculous, I swear a decade ago I had a cheapass Logitech USB pad that lasted five friggin years until I gave it away to a pal. Wasn't great or anything but I cleared Gun.Smoke with it a few times, certainly no worse than this off-brand 360 trash. Had a DS4 dpad die on me after a couple months too, suddenly it'd pull to the right while pressing up. Excellent for Metal Slug and Contra! FML I need to quit mucking around and get some gear.

Also I need to stop reading Youtube comments, about anything.

I hope this untermensch scrubwurzelscheit loses his job in the Gawker shitstorm somehow. Image Stepping on a lego is fine too.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

BIL wrote:Oy vey. How I wish I could complain about emulators this weekend. No, in my country, USB gamepad parts are made from ground recycled tampons and kaput after few months. :[
As far as I can tell, all of them are like that. I gave up on shitty USB Playstation controller knockoffs and the like and decided the real deal was what I needed after having like two of them die for no real reason.

I use an SCPH-1080 and one of these babies for all my emulation needs [and if I need the sticks, I plug in a DualShock, but it doesn't play too well with the DS2's "every button is analog" gimmick, since it doesn't have pressure sensitivity and you need to push hard].
The PS1 didn't have the most ideal controller, but they're rock solid assuming you don't deliberately try to snap them in half, featuring a quite good internal build quality.

The cable on these converters is the worst thing ever and will die in a week, but if you have any soldering skill at all, you can snip an old USB printer cable and wire that up on the board instead.
I can't solder at all [and I stepped on mine like twice], so it's covered in tape and looks like an abomination against man and nature.
Despite that, I've had it since 2012 or so, and it's still going good after changing the cable.

they're like 5-7 USD including shipping
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Thanks, that does sound promising. :smile:

It's the friggin' internal rubber (sawdust?) bits that seem to die on me. Inevitably, after a couple months I'll get a sticky button or cockeyed directional pad. Failure ensues before long. I've got NES, Genesis and PS1 pads literally decades old that have yet to develop such things. Goddamn $70 DS4 lasted about three months before the pad underlay split apart, and I wasn't brutalising it with SNK fighters or anything... that I could almost understand, but Metroid Fusion of all things took it out.

At one point I cannibalised an old DVD remote for replacement button pads... and they worked flawlessly, before failing after roughly the same period. Ugh. This stuff ain't meant for the hardcore lovin'. Old people were right, the future sucks balls! D:
null1024 wrote:an abomination against man and nature.
:lol:
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Yeah, even my USB Saturn pad's d-pad went eventually, the up-right going soft and stupidly sensitive. I tried to open it to do some kind of half assed repair which lasted about a day.

In the end I got lucky in the trading station and bagged 2 NOS pads for future proofing.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Xyga

Post by Xyga »

In D&D Shadow Over Mystara: the normal enemies that are always arround during boss fights... they're actually much more of a problem than the boss itself.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I went to a restaurant with great food tonight, but unfortunately we were seated in the bar-half of the dining area so the walls were covered with TV screens. The one directly in front of my face was tuned to CNN, so of course the unappetizing image of Donald Trump is constantly being broadcast. But then I guess they decided I wasn't revolted enough, so they switched to the Brussels attacks and began showing incredibly graphic images of mutilated bodies while I'm trying to eat.

Later the same night I'm watching Season 5 of Louie for the first time on Netflix and...
Spoiler
...we watch the nightmare episode. The part where he opens the door to a completely black hallway, then a man with a distorted face appears and attacks him was an almost perfect recreation of a nightmare I had a couple weeks ago and it left me wobbly for the rest of the night.

atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

People necrobumping all my embarrassing old threads that haven't been locked.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
moh

Post by moh »

atheistgod1999 wrote:People necrobumping all my embarrassing old threads that haven't been locked.
how old could your threads possibly be?
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Beating a difficult boss in an RPG only to get a game over after the cutscene that comes after because apparently the lead character can't die or something. Wtf?

The game in question is Return to Touhou Mother, which I just found out was finally finished.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BIL

Post by BIL »

atheistgod1999 wrote:People necrobumping all my embarrassing old threads that haven't been locked.
Links to threads pls ;3