Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Sup, DT. We all play pretty much everything from strategy and RPGs to shooters, fighters, and puzzle games. Mostly console-based. We'd love to have you out sometime.

@uber: are you fucking kidding me!? I am actually downriver right now but depending on what time I make it home tonight I will definitely check this out and confirm it either today or tomorrow. I was just talking about what a travesty it is that Pete's doesn't have shit worth playing anymore now that I live so close.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I don't think I have any weekend plans until Easter, so count me down for the next meet.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

When's the next meet, guys?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:When's the next meet, guys?
We are set for the regular on March 14… right guys :)
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Cool, maybe I'll actually make an appearance.

I've gotten much better since the last time you saw me =P
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Maybe I'll make an actual appearance as well. Been out of the loop for quite some time now. Need to fix that lol. =P
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

kccttzj wrote:Maybe I'll make an actual appearance as well. Been out of the loop for quite some time now. Need to fix that lol. =P
Indeed :D
Would be good to see you again.

So will next weekend be good?

Some notes:

I received Shooting Love 200X today for the 360

and

since the Chicagoland event, I have been intrigued with RGB monitors and will be picking up a Sony PVM 2030 monitor tomorrow! It was all I can find right now and will be messing around with this during the week. Had no luck with locating the NEC model and I just missed out on a VPM 2530 but I'll make due with the 20inch. With this monitor, I may look at building a super gun?
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Sonic R wrote:since the Chicagoland event, I have been intrigued with RGB monitors and will be picking up a Sony PVM 2030 monitor tomorrow! It was all I can find right now and will be messing around with this during the week. Had no luck with locating the NEC model and I just missed out on a VPM 2530 but I'll make due with the 20inch. With this monitor, I may look at building a super gun?
GTFO the PVM 2530 on Metro craigsList? Becuase I'm buying it!...lol. RGB is the only way to play older low res games I am a true believer after chi-town.

I also just got a raiden fighter jet for insanely cheap.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

mrtie wrote:
Sonic R wrote:since the Chicagoland event, I have been intrigued with RGB monitors and will be picking up a Sony PVM 2030 monitor tomorrow! It was all I can find right now and will be messing around with this during the week. Had no luck with locating the NEC model and I just missed out on a VPM 2530 but I'll make due with the 20inch. With this monitor, I may look at building a super gun?
GTFO the PVM 2530 on Metro craigsList? Becuase I'm buying it!...lol. RGB is the only way to play older low res games I am a true believer after chi-town.

I also just got a raiden fighter jet for insanely cheap.
ROFL! so your the one who is getting that 2530! He told me that if the buyer didn't come through, I was next in line. Oh well, I'm getting a 2030 tomorrow to hold me over… til I can locate a XM29 :twisted:
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Pinball Pete's does indeed have Border Down. It's in some weird-ass cabinet with an American-style stick that's got to have one of the hardest springs I have ever played on, but it does work and the picture on the monitor is pretty good. Fifty cents per play is kinda weak but it wouldn't be Pete's if it wasn't over-priced.

@mrtie and Sonic: I was just talking about building a super gun as my summer project and I kinda went out poking around for some RGB montiors but came up with nothing. How much did yours cost? Are they pretty hard to find?

And yeah, next Saturday works for me. See you all then.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

zero.otaku wrote:Pinball Pete's does indeed have Border Down. It's in some weird-ass cabinet with an American-style stick that's got to have one of the hardest springs I have ever played on, but it does work and the picture on the monitor is pretty good. Fifty cents per play is kinda weak but it wouldn't be Pete's if it wasn't over-priced.

@mrtie and Sonic: I was just talking about building a super gun as my summer project and I kinda went out poking around for some RGB montiors but came up with nothing. How much did yours cost? Are they pretty hard to find?

And yeah, next Saturday works for me. See you all then.
If you have some patience, it probably isn't too difficult to locate a monitor. I literally only spent a moment at work the other day searching Craigs List and sent out some emails. Both guys replied promptly and now I'll be picking one up tomorrow. I might try to check out some of the pawns as well to see what they might have…
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Yeah I may come down next weekend I'm starting a job hopefully so we'll see what my schedule looks like. As far as RGB monitor's

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost. ... ostcount=1

try searching on craigslist for those models etc.

Yeah I snatched that 2530 up as soon as I saw it and got back from chi-town, as soon as he gets backs with me with an address I should go to the D tomorrow and pick it up, he's asking $100.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

monitor GET!

This was only $40 and he even threw in a Video Cassette Recorder.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Nice sonic I haven't heard word back from the guy with the 2530 since Friday, we half agreed on Sunday, but he hasn't given me a place or number nor has he called me back....so it's waiting game.

So how does it look, give us some sexy action shots yo.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

That is very pretty indeed, Sonic. How much does that bad boy weigh?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Photo's don't do justice (especially with this suc camera)
Seeing is indeed believing…

The 20 inch isn't too bad, I'd say it weighs in at about 100 lbs even. The gentleman help carry it to the car and I was able to carry it myself into the house as well as down the stairs to the celler.

I need to work on logistics on where to utilize this…
I also want to try a BNC to coaxial connector to see how NES and SMS look on this :?:
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Are you able to adjust overscan on that thing? If you can remove all that cut off nonsense, then that thing is awesome. (Then again, probably is awesome on its on already.)

I am starting to play APB again after Chicago. Mixed team is hard as shit.

Finally beat Lost Odyssey, the ending sucks IMHO. Shocking I know, JRPG with a bad ending. Great game though.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'll probably come up.

@Sonic's around 6 or so, I assume?

At some point we need to get some 4-player Panel de Pon action going on.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Davey wrote:At some point we need to get some 4-player Panel de Pon action going on.
Agreed :mrgreen:
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

:D

Looks like there will be quite the showing this Saturday…

I've got three stations set up now with the addition of the monitor.

I don't see a problem with 6 o'clock start time. I'll inform the wife.

Well, I guess I'll see everyone Saturday!

For Ayanami, If you like, you may still bring your HDTV and 360 by and I'll undo the old CRT (unless there is frothing demand for NES and SMS playing :lol: )
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

I haven't been over since...whenever I was last over. Mind PMing me directions, or calling/texting me if you still have my number?
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Panel de Pon + Hopslam FTW

@Sonic: So does that monitor have A/V inputs as well or did are you converting the signal from RGB?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:I haven't been over since...whenever I was last over. Mind PMing me directions, or calling/texting me if you still have my number?
Check your PMs :wink:
zero.otaku wrote:Panel de Pon + Hopslam FTW

@Sonic: So does that monitor have A/V inputs as well or did are you converting the signal from RGB?
I am using a composit (A/V) to BNC converter for the monitor. I also have a coaxial to BNC but have not tested it out yet…
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Great times the other night.
I got worked like a damn stepchild.

Except lol-tastic SF4.
♫Innn-♫-deee-♫-struct-i-ble!!♫♫
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

DJ Incompetent wrote:Great times the other night.
I got worked like a damn stepchild.

Except lol-tastic SF4.
♫Innn-♫-deee-♫-struct-i-ble!!♫♫
Glad you could grace us humble folk with your presence :D

Thanks to everyone for coming by! Good to see some people whom had not been by in a while and hope to see ya more (you know who you are :wink: )

also thanks to Ayanami for bringing the monitor and 360 for some fighting action.

We'll see you next time…
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I can confirm that Pinball Pete's has Border Down in now. It's in an MvC2 or CvS2 style cab right by the entrance. 50 cents a credit. Controls seem to be working just fine, though its all American parts (of course).
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Yeah I'm definately glad I showed up the other night, good time.

Zero, next time I'll bring some beer ;)

haha. Oh, and for the next time I'll remember to bring my Tetris: The Grandmaster for 360, just for you Sonic.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Are we gathering tomorrow? I hope so.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:Are we gathering tomorrow? I hope so.
LOL, I am just now seeing this post… about the same time I sent out the text…

But yeah, tomorrow is a go! As always, any and all are most welcome to drop by.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

So, what is the plan for Saturday?

I definitely want to get some games in with everyone. If we meet at Sonic's like usual I might bring my Xbox and stuff.

I have Outrun for XBL Arcade now. It is awesome. Makes me want to play Outrun 2 again.