Sega IP you would wish to comeback

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Air Master Burst

Re: Sega IP you would wish to comeback

Post by Air Master Burst »

NFL2K is always my top answer, but we all know that's never happening, and I'm pretty sure Sega hasn't owned that franchise in a couple decades anyway.

I would desperately love another side-scrolling Toejam & Earl, Panic On Funkotron style. The original is fun enough, but I always vastly preferred the sequel.

Whoever said GunValkyrie was spot on, I still haven't played anything else quite like it. A new Rent-A-Hero done SOR4 style would be fun, too.

Not sure who actually holds the rights to Vectorman (Interplay still maybe?), but that and Otogi are two other awesome-yet-dormant Sega-published IPs I haven't seen mentioned here yet.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I thought the second stage before the suit was generally disliked?

The prison? That stage was good!

NFL2K is always my top answer, but we all know that's never happening

Competition = Higher quality games
Exclusivity = More $$$

I don't think anyone is real surprised by the NFL's choice.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I think we should distinguish between "series created by Sega" and "series that happen to be owned by Sega". The former seems less like wishful thinking at least.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Despatche wrote:I think we should distinguish between "series created by Sega" and "series that happen to be owned by Sega". The former seems less like wishful thinking at least.
The only non-Sega game I listed that wasn't primarily/exclusively on Sega consoles was Otogi, which they published in my country, so any remake/sequel/port would probably have to go through them anyway.

Like sure, Vectorman wasn't technically a Sega IP, but considering it was a major console exclusive I'd say it's close enough to count.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.