No
67%
Maybe
20%

Total votes: 15

XSync-1

Re: I want to buy a Micomsoft XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:You don't deinterlace progressive content.
That's one of the settings on the XCapture-1. Deinterlacing: High, Medium, Low. I left it on the default High.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

I can also upload footage using a direct capture from the GameCube via D-Terminal cables into the XCapture-1, skipping the Framemeister. Just for comparison.
jjh_2882

Post by jjh_2882 »

XSync-1 wrote:
juji82 wrote:
XSync-1 wrote: He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?
surugaya offers you at least 22000 yen in cash if you trade one in. What price where you expecting since it does not pop up so often?
I'd pay $200 for it, but $500 is ridiculous.
I own an XSync-1 but I'd recommend against paying $200-$250 for one. It's a fine device but, as Fudoh mentioned, it's just a sync stripper. For that price or hopefully less, I'd recommend an X-Select D4 if you want to stick with the Micomsoft products. It's a transcoder and a switch with a sync stripper on the JP21 input. I found mine on Yahoo Japan for about a 10000 yen a couple years ago minus the power supply and remote. If you need something right away, try contacting one of the cable manufacturers (retro-access.com) and ask for JP21 - Dsub-15 with sync stripper and audio breakout. If you just want to order directly, there's VGP's JP21 to SCART(shorturl.at/gltN4), this SCART to BNC with sync stripper (shorturl.at/dgpxC) and then BNC to Dsub-15(shorturl.at/tzHZ5). The latter way is a bit of cable mess but it's much cheaper than sourcing a XSync-1 that'll essentially do the same job.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote:
That's one of the settings on the XCapture-1. Deinterlacing: High, Medium, Low. I left it on the default High.
It's irrelevant (assuming the setting is ignored) and including it shows your incompetence.

Not that there's anything wrong about with incompetence if you're willing to learn, but you seem to be more focused on insisting you're right.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

ZellSF wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
It's irrelevant (assuming the setting is ignored) and including it shows your incompetence.

Not that there's anything wrong about with incompetence if you're willing to learn, but you seem to be more focused on insisting you're right.
You're just insulting me in order to feel better about yourself. I can admit that I don't know as much about this stuff as others do, that doesn't mean I have to be disrespected by pseudo-intellectual bullies like yourself. Unlike you, I can admit when I'm wrong.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

XSync-1 wrote: Unlike you, I can admit when I'm wrong.
Where did you do that?
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Here's another video, it has the same settings as the previous one and was recorded the same way.
https://youtu.be/RaI9_vWKk_E
NormalFish

Post by NormalFish »

Mate if you profess to such ignorance on the topic of video game A/V, why are you so insistent that you are right? There are people on this board who know the hardware you claim to care so much about orders of magnitude better than you do by your own admission, and you have essentially told them all to fuck off. That's why you look like a troll, not because people are cyberbullying you. If you're unwilling to pay the price even businesses looking to resell them would, why would anyone sell it to you, unless they don't know what it is?

Absolutely nonsense thread, good only for its entertainment value as OP contorts his body to shove his head so deep up his ass his brain disintegrates in his intestines.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I don't know what 4:2:2 means, but it everything looks pretty good on my end
4:2:2 essentially means that all color information/resolution available in your source is split into half during processing. For Gamecube in particular it's not this important since the Cube's internal video chip produces 4:2:2 only anyway.

If you record a 320x240p signal natively (without upscaling it first) and apply a lossy codec (like h264 with 4:2:0 encoding), then your recording won't include the full source information. The b/w (luminance) channel will have full res, the blue channel will have half the resolution (160x240p) and the red channel will only have a quarter of the original res (160x120p). That's why there's absolutely no point in recording in NATIVE resolution when you record in h264 (or for youtube etc).
Arasoi

Post by Arasoi »

Best poster on shmups hardware forums is back.

Show respect new users.

Fudoh is a technical demigod.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Fudoh is a technical demigod.
hence the nick, Fudō Myō, one of the wisdom kings :mrgreen:
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

XSync-1 wrote:
juji82 wrote:
XSync-1 wrote: He said $500. That's a ripoff. Why should it cost that much?
surugaya offers you at least 22000 yen in cash if you trade one in. What price where you expecting since it does not pop up so often?
I'd pay $200 for it, but $500 is ridiculous.
So there has been a lot going on in this thread but I wanted to address this. If stores are offering more than $200 as cited that means they are likely asking at least 2x as much. Why would anyone expect strangers on the internet to give them an insane deal? If I had one I would be listing it on ebay at a high price and considering offers. Speaking of ebay there is one for $400: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XSYN ... ect=mobile
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

XSync-1 wrote: I think you're trying to bully me, because I'm not that familiar with the topic of video game capturing and video quality etc. Do you feel good about yourself, psuedo-intellectual bully?
I certainly feel good about it
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

"It's not me that's wrong, it must be the rest of the world that's wrong. Let me come up with outdated reviews of products that underwent significant changes since and opinions of people from years before they changed their minds to prove that everybody else is wrong."

By your own admission, you don't know what you're doing, so it's bizarre how strongly you insist on following a course that doesn't make any sense based on reasons you don't even understand.

People here have given you lots of good advice about cheaper/easier/better ways to do things. You've rejected all of this advice and insist on going with lower quality and more expensive options.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

NormalFish wrote:Mate if you profess to such ignorance on the topic of video game A/V, why are you so insistent that you are right? There are people on this board who know the hardware you claim to care so much about orders of magnitude better than you do by your own admission, and you have essentially told them all to fuck off. That's why you look like a troll, not because people are cyberbullying you. If you're unwilling to pay the price even businesses looking to resell them would, why would anyone sell it to you, unless they don't know what it is?

Absolutely nonsense thread, good only for its entertainment value as OP contorts his body to shove his head so deep up his ass his brain disintegrates in his intestines.
Fuck you. Yet another pseudo-intellectual bully.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

[/quote]

So there has been a lot going on in this thread but I wanted to address this. If stores are offering more than $200 as cited that means they are likely asking at least 2x as much. Why would anyone expect strangers on the internet to give them an insane deal? If I had one I would be listing it on ebay at a high price and considering offers. Speaking of ebay there is one for $400: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XSYN ... ect=mobile[/quote]

Thank you so much, I had no idea about that listing. I never thought I'd see one on ebay in my life. It's still a way better deal than what I was being offered here.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Guspaz wrote:"It's not me that's wrong, it must be the rest of the world that's wrong. Let me come up with outdated reviews of products that underwent significant changes since and opinions of people from years before they changed their minds to prove that everybody else is wrong."

By your own admission, you don't know what you're doing, so it's bizarre how strongly you insist on following a course that doesn't make any sense based on reasons you don't even understand.

People here have given you lots of good advice about cheaper/easier/better ways to do things. You've rejected all of this advice and insist on going with lower quality and more expensive options.
Lol, what? Nobody here has given me any other options. Show me a better capture card than the XCapture-1 that does everything that card does and more for a lower price. Nobody here ever mentioned one. Yeah, I was here to show that my setup isn't anywhere near as bad as it's being made out to be. I'm just defending my position, and if I'm so wrong, you shouldn't have a problem proving it.
Steamflogger Boss

XSync-1 wrote:
Thank you so much, I had no idea about that listing. I never thought I'd see one on ebay in my life. It's still a way better deal than what I was being offered here.
No problem. They might even take an offer, worth a shot since while this is hard to find it is also a case of it probably being somewhat difficult to sell (due to newer, readily available options at cheaper price points). Good luck.
Last edited by Steamflogger Boss on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:
So there has been a lot going on in this thread but I wanted to address this. If stores are offering more than $200 as cited that means they are likely asking at least 2x as much. Why would anyone expect strangers on the internet to give them an insane deal? If I had one I would be listing it on ebay at a high price and considering offers. Speaking of ebay there is one for $400: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XSYN ... ect=mobile
Thank you so much, I had no idea about that listing. I never thought I'd see one on ebay in my life. It's still a way better deal than what I was being offered here.[/quote]

No problem. They might even take an offer, worth a shot since while this is hard to find it is also a case of it probably being somewhat difficult to sell (due to newer, readily available options at cheaper price points). Good luck.[/quote]

I've been searching ebay and all over the internet for it. I can't believe I didn't see this listing. You have no idea how happy this made me.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Oh frick, Steam. Seriously?

You bash buying a Corio2 for its specific use case and actually encourage OP to waste money on this overpriced piece of kit? Want to talk about the build quality of Micomsoft stuff? :)

And, given the age and hours already on the unit, does the price make sense?

Yeah. These things are rare and the manual is written in Japanese.
Cool! Wait. Is it?
Because, all that matters is what it does...

Seriously, OP. Are you absolutely sure you want to buy this piece? I think Fudoh's initial suggestion was worth consideration.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Steamflogger Boss

orange808 wrote:Oh frick, Steam. Seriously?

You bash buying a Corio2 for its specific use case and actually encourage OP to waste money on this overpriced piece of kit? Want to talk about the build quality of Micomsoft stuff? :)

And, given the age and hours already on the unit, does the price make sense?

Yeah. These things are rare and the manual is written in Japanese.
Cool! Wait. Is it?
Because, all that matters is what it does...

Seriously, OP. Are you absolutely sure you want to buy this piece? I think Fudoh's initial suggestion was worth consideration.
Ha! :lol:

I certainly do not* and of course I really don't care how people spend their money. We are all adults here, presumably. I did feel though as someone with a lot of experience combined between myself and my friend that a disclaimer about the tvone brand was warranted. If people need a corio2 for their set-up and there is not an alternative, I'd say go for it. I'd just buy almost any other brand before tvone.

*Not enough experience with micomsoft units tbh.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Well, my Micomsoft units needed recapping due to age.

Build quality?

The XRGB-2 needed work on the crap power switch. The XRGB-1 needed work because the factory soldering fell apart. Some inputs are more noisy than others on a couple others; so, I have inputs that I can't use.

Not to mention the way Micomsoft cases squeak and flex when you hold them. The way the buttons wiggle and jiggle in their fittings and threaten to get "stuck" sideways if improperly handled.

Build quality? Well, I'd suggest looking at any alternative before I committed to an ancient Micomsoft machine that wasn't initially built very well.

Just be cautious with old and expensive Micomsoft gear. :) There are often less expensive and more dependable options.
We apologise for the inconvenience
NormalFish

Post by NormalFish »

XSync-1 wrote:Lol, what? Nobody here has given me any other options. Show me a better capture card than the XCapture-1 that does everything that card does and more for a lower price. Nobody here ever mentioned one. Yeah, I was here to show that my setup isn't anywhere near as bad as it's being made out to be. I'm just defending my position, and if I'm so wrong, you shouldn't have a problem proving it.
The second reply in this thread is an alternative. You even replied to it. fuck me, right?
Sirotaca

Post by Sirotaca »

This is a funny thread.

Speaking of build quality, I had to replace my Framemeister's front RCA jacks because the outer metal rings of two of them simply broke off during normal use. I wasn't even using those stupid Monster cables with the death-grip plugs, either! Just normal cables! I believe it was a genuine Nintendo composite video cable that broke it, actually.

Anyway, I ended up selling the thing earlier this year because I basically never used it since getting an OSSC. The 480p handling wasn't even the issue, it's the horrendous ADC noise and absurdly long syncing delay that were the main problems for me. I kept it around for a while for 480i-only PS2 games, but I decided I'd rather look at bob deinterlacing than that awful noise.

The Framemeister was a good device for its time, but that time has passed.
Steamflogger Boss

Sirotaca wrote:This is a funny thread.
Strong early contender for thread of the year.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Yay, I just bought it on ebay with the box for $250, the guy accepted my offer. Hahahahaha!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlAmp6v1DI
Steamflogger Boss

XSync-1 wrote:Yay, I just bought it on ebay with the box for $250, the guy accepted my offer. Hahahahaha!

Congrats, I hope it brings you joy.
XSync-1

Post by XSync-1 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
XSync-1 wrote:Yay, I just bought it on ebay with the box for $250, the guy accepted my offer. Hahahahaha!

Congrats, I hope it brings you joy.
Lol, just look at how many people voted against me ever getting one in my pole. They lost!
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

They didn't vote against you finding one, they voted against you wasting your money pointlessly on one.

And we were wrong, you managed to throw several hundred dollars into the trash and light it on fire. Congratulations! You sure showed us, blowing hundreds of dollars for a lower-quality solution.
matt

Post by matt »

This is great if you're a collector, but not practical if you're just trying to use it for its intended purpose. The components to make a device like this cost about $10, and plenty of people are selling units that work as well or better for a small fraction of the cost. To be honest, you may want to leave the Xsync-1 in the box so it holds its value and use something else for sync processing.

I second the build quality of Micomsoft stuff. I love how ahead of their time their designs were, but every piece of equipment I've owned from them has needed some kind of minor repair.