Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Drakon

Re: Thread Split: Drakon's Modding

Post by Drakon »

Skips wrote:More like taking the time to do research and gather evidence so we could legitimately expose you. Personally I was hoping it would be a swift kick in the ass to jolt you back to reality, does not seem to have done shit though. What it did accomplish was it made people aware of your work and business practices.
Which was already a very public thing. You only exaggerated and blew it as out-of-proportion as possible. I can see you no longer do commissions, presumably because you're far too generous with your efforts. I applaud you, but that doesn't mean that I need to be equally as generous. I want to see you, and everyone else have as much success and possible. We may think differently on many things, but you don't see me going out of my way to tell you how to handle your business and try to force you to be more like me.

I don't see what else I could have done. I apologized for the low quality work which was my level at the time. I offered to clean it up as much as possible for free if customers pay for shipping. I apologized for my bad attitude which I did and do think was wrong.

This was never about helping me so stop acting like it was. It was about burying me, and doing as much damage as possible. It was about spreading as many lies and ignorance about me as possible, and ignoring everything else.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Nice edit there jackwad. You are fucking delusional you know that? I actually was your friend until I started to see all the horshit you liked to pull with clients. I am an honest and upfront person, I could not in good conscious stay friends with someone as dishonest and shoddy as yourself. The phonedork debacle was what sent it over the edge for me.

And bullshit on the being receptive to tips horseshit. You always had the mentality of you didn't give two shits about how your worked looked and when it started to turn up that systems you modded did not work you got called out and still did not become receptive to it.

People needed to be made aware of what was happening because you did not seem to give two shits. Your woe is me bullshit might work on people that don't know better but you aren't fooling people that have seen your work and practices first hand.

Personally I was hoping the messy mod work shit would actually make you answer to your bullshit but all I see here is you trying to play a victim.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:
Skips wrote:More like taking the time to do research and gather evidence so we could legitimately expose you. Personally I was hoping it would be a swift kick in the ass to jolt you back to reality, does not seem to have done shit though. What it did accomplish was it made people aware of your work and business practices.
Which was already a very public thing. You only exaggerated and blew it as out-of-proportion as possible. I can see you no longer do commissions, presumably because you're far too generous with your efforts. I applaud you, but that doesn't mean that I need to be equally as generous. I want to see you, and everyone else have as much success and possible. We may think differently on many things, but you don't see me going out of my way to tell you how to handle your business and try to force you to be more like me.

I don't see what else I could have done. I apologized for the low quality work which was my level at the time. I offered to clean it up as much as possible for free if customers pay for shipping. I apologized for my bad attitude which I did think was wrong.

This was never about helping me so stop acting like it was. It was about burying me, and doing as much damage as possible. It was about spreading as many lies and ignorance about me as possible, and ignoring everything else.
Or I don't mod anymore at all because I sold all my retro consoles off jackass. Don't try to flatter yourself.
I am no longer taking free or paid modding projects, please do not contact me asking for my services. Thanks :).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

You were never my friend. It was clear from the beginning you were looking to find anything about me to expose. I perpetually fed you lies just to get the charade over with.

You never once said something like "hey that's not cool, you really shouldn't do that.". Instead you ate up whatever lie I fed you and stockpiled it, pretending like nothing was wrong, because this is your idea of "helping" someone.

I thanked you for helping phonedork, I did what I thought was enough to clear it up with him and his last communication with me was everything was good. I thanked you and apologized for putting you through the trouble. And this is how I was repaid.

What you did was a dick move, I know, I've been a bit of a dick myself in the past. The difference between you and I is I saw my mistakes, apologized for them and moved on.

There's been people who sent me private messages with tips and suggestions who were genuinely trying to help and I always thanked them and took these into great consideration. If you turn it into a public thing then I'm much less likely to listen to your "help" because the motive is clearly shaming and not helping.

Me "not giving two sh#ts" is one of the constant lies I fed you. I could tell you wanted to believe I'm scum, and you believe that anyone who doesn't do things your way is scum.

Phonedork said the system didn't work and I forwarded him to you because you were closer and you cleared it up. Then Phonedork messaged me saying everything was great and he was very happy. I thanked you for pointing out the mistakes in my work that you found and I apologized for it. This is me not "being receptive" to customers? I wonder what your idea of being receptive is.

You don't see me posting pictures of someone's work from up to 5-6 years ago, much of it not being commissions, and pawning it off as the current quality of that person's commissions.

Did you sell off your stuff to pay for the replacements for mistakes you made while modding? I really think it's great that you have such high standards for yourself, we all make mistakes.

I can see you're still really unhappy. I'm really sorry about your back man. I forgive you and everyone else for everything you've done to shame me.

Every angry post skips has been making about me since my public apology a long time ago on the neo-geo forum has been hateful towards me. I hope that this proves that this has always been about spreading hate and ignorance, and nothing else.

If it wasn't for my bad experience being backstabbed by skips and friends then I'd definitely be more open and generous with my work since then. I just don't feel like having more people pretending to be friends.

I was a dick towards thunderblaze, I apologized in pm and he said everything was good. After I helped him with his project for free when the hate started it turned out that he had been pretending to be okay with me just to get free help. Then he joined in with actively posting hate about me. This experiences is why I since stopped sharing my work.

Again to everyone I'm sorry for the level that my work was at back when this started. These customers sought me out, I didn't force them to hire me. I'm sorry for my bad attitude, there's no excuse for any of that.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:You were never my friend. It was clear from the beginning you were looking to find anything about me to expose. I perpetually fed you lies just to get the charade over with.

You never once said something like "hey that's not cool, you really shouldn't do that.". Instead you ate up whatever lie I fed you and stockpiled it, because this is your idea of "helping" someone.

I thanked you for helping phonedork, I did what I thought was enough to clear it up with him and his last communication with me was everything was good. I thanked you and apologized for putting you through the trouble. And this is how I was repaid.

What you did was a dick move, I know, I've been a bit of a dick myself in the past. The difference between you and I is I saw my mistakes, apologized for it and moved on.

There's been people who sent me private messages with tips and suggestions and I always thanked them and took these into great consideration. If you turn it into a public thing then I'm much less likely to listen to your "help" because the motive is clearly shaming and not helping.

Me "not giving two sh#ts" is one of the constant lies I fed you. I could tell you wanted to believe I'm scum, and you believe that anyone who doesn't do things your way is scum.

Phonedork said the system didn't work and I forwarded him to you because you were closer and you cleared it up. This is me not "being receptive" to customers? I wonder what your idea of being receptive is.

You don't see me posting pictures of someone's work from up to 5-6 years ago, much of it not being commissions, and pawning it off as the current quality of that person's commissions.

Did you sell off your stuff to pay for the replacements for mistakes you made while modding? I really think it's great that you have such high standards for yourself, we all make mistakes.
God damn you are so fucking full of yourself aren't you. All you digging this thread up is is you hoping everyone has forgotten about your bullshit. Not only do you lie to your customers and the public but you have yourself believing your own bullshit. Originally I approached you because I thought people were overexagerting your bullshit. Don't try to backpedal and make bullshit up in a poor attempt to invalidate the hard evidence that has been posted in the past.

I find it hilarious that you are trying to make up some bullshit elaborate plan on your part in a terrible attempt to invalidate everything before this point. You are not intelligent enough to plan anything that complex. You can't go anywhere without lying your ass off and that is all your previous response is showing. When I did used to talk to you others that talked to both of us would ask me if you had some sort of mental disability (some of them being your past commissioners). They asked in a concerned non insulting way and I always told them no and brushed it off. After seeing this crap today I am beginning to think otherwise.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Skips wrote:
Drakon wrote:You were never my friend. It was clear from the beginning you were looking to find anything about me to expose. I perpetually fed you lies just to get the charade over with.

You never once said something like "hey that's not cool, you really shouldn't do that.". Instead you ate up whatever lie I fed you and stockpiled it, because this is your idea of "helping" someone.

What you did was a dick move, I know, I've been a bit of a dick myself in the past. The difference between you and I is I saw my mistakes, apologized for it and moved on.

There's been people who sent me private messages with tips and suggestions and I always thanked them and took these into great consideration. If you turn it into a public thing then I'm much less likely to listen to your "help" because the motive is clearly shaming and not helping.

Phonedork said the system didn't work and I forwarded him to you because you were closer and you cleared it up. This is me not "being receptive" to customers? I wonder what your idea of being receptive is.

God damn you are so fucking full of yourself aren't you. All you digging this thread up is is you hoping everyone has forgotten about your bullshit. Not only do you lie to your customers and the public but you have yourself believing your own bullshit. Originally I approached you because I thought people were overexagerting your bullshit. Don't try to backpedal and make bullshit up in a poor attempt to invalidate the hard evidence that has been posted in the past.

I find it hilarious that you are trying to make up some bullshit elaborate plan on your part in a terrible attempt to invalidate everything before this point. You are not intelligent enough to plan anything that complex. You can't go anywhere without lying your ass off and that is all your previous response is showing. When I did used to talk to you others that talked to both of us would ask me if you had some sort of mental disability (some of them being your past commissioners). They asked in a concerned non insulting way and I always told them no and brushed it off. After seeing this crap today I am beginning to think otherwise.
Also I sold the old stuff after my xrgb2 died in order to pay off past medical debts and to fix my Durango.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Maybe you should have charged more for your work.

Of course anything that makes you and your hateful friends look bad you're going to claim is a lie. I have many friends and people who love me and the things I do. I really wish you could just for a second believe that I was never what you thought I am. If customers had a problem with me, then why did they hire me and never mention these issues with me? Even if I was doing something wrong I can't be completely blamed if nobody ever let me know. Not everyone makes mistakes on purpose, even though you think that's the case.

One thing I experienced a lot of was customers, and other modders, expecting me to provide extra services and perks that were never a part of the original agreement. Such as free repairs and shipping, usually for things that the customers themselves broke. It definitely made me over-paranoid that most customers were out to bury me so I'm sorry if I came off as a jack@ss trying to demonstrate that the systems were working fine before they shipped out. I since updated the demo videos to include showing that the rgb connections worked as well.

I was also over-paranoid of customers managing to break lose the installed internal hardware and again try to demand that I pay for shipping and repairs, which had happened. There's no excuse for the excessive hot glue use but this certainly didn't help me feel like relaxing on excessively securing wires. Also at the time it was thought that these systems would never need to be upgraded ever again, it was a stupid mistake to think this way. I was still a bit of a novice and I made the mistake of thinking like this. In the end it was my mistake which is why I offered to clean up my old work to the best of my ability for free if customers pay for shipping.

As a result of what happened to me I've seen many very talented people on the scene go from being very active to non-existent and move on out of fear that the same thing would happen to them. If my reputation being trashed saved other people from unfair treatment then I'm happy with this.

Again, I'm sorry about your medical condition. I'm sure the pain makes you angry but taking it out on strangers on the internet isn't the mature way to handle yourself.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:Maybe you should have charged more for your work.

Of course anything that makes you and your hateful friends look bad you're going to claim is a lie. I have many friends and people who love me and the things I do. I really wish you could just for a second believe that I was never what you thought I am. If customers had a problem with me, why did they hire me and never mention these issues with me? Even if I was doing something wrong I can't be blamed if nobody ever let me know.

Once thing I experienced a lot of was customers expecting extra services and perks that were never a part of the original agreement. Such as free repairs, usually for things that they themselves broke. It definitely made me over-paranoid that most customers were out to bury me so I'm sorry if I came off as a jack@ss trying to demonstrate that the systems were working fine before they shipped out. I since updated the demo to include showing the rgb working as well.
My modwork was never a business and all money received from it went back into the same hobby or medical bills. I charged the going rate for modwork and the only stuff I usually did for free was fixing work of yours people sent too me. I don't count Phonedorks work as free work because he's became good friends with me after this whole mess.

I don't know where you got this idea that I do a ton of free work or even expected you to. The qualms I posted publicly were about you overcharging for unprofessional level work. No one would have had a problem with you had you done decent quality work for those very high prices. Sure people would take a stab at you from time to time (people that know my shortcomings take shots at me too) but that's to be expected.

People needed to be aware of the quality they were receiving because most that paid you did not know better. My original post was an outing, had you replied and tried to make it right I would have amended the original posts to say you made right what was wrong. You offered phonedork a measly $70 to compensate him for mutilated Famicom. In cases like this the RIGHT thing to do would be to buy a new system if you can't get a shell, refund the client the cost of labor (not parts), and apologize.

I don't know about others but if I damage someone's things I fix or replace them. The two consoles I have managed to break in my entire modding time I paid in full the cost of the unit (or ordered a new one) then rendered the services for free as an apology. Its basic customer service.

I can guarantee if you mailed phonedork a new av Famicom today he would more than likely mention it if he makes another video and people would be far more willing to burry the hatchet. I hardly hang around the modding circles these days anymore but when I did anytime someone brought you up in chat and said something incorrect about you I would correct the information, even if it made you look like good. Whenever people linked your personal or super old work as an example of your commissioned work I always made it a point to correct that bad information ( to not do so would be unfair).
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Truthfully if phonedork pays for shipping I will mail him one of my av famicoms. But I don't need him or anyone to bury any hatchet with me. If all of this had been voiced over PM I probably would have agreed to doing that before any of this happened. I really felt like sh#t for what happened to his system. Instead what I got was a "Everything is great, thanks!" followed by the biggest possible load of internet propaganda. I recall paying 80$ not 70$. Phonedork agreed to it without complaint.

In this thread:

http://www.retromods.net/viewtopic.php?t=33

You posted in early 2015 some of my really old work. People see it, they look at the date it was posted, and think that I'm still doing work like this. They don't read all the text they just see the pictures, who did the work and the date it was posted. I know you're smart enough to know that. Then people started posting pictures of work that wasn't even commissions, some of it was my very first work ever.

Thanks for finally replying without being angry. I was afraid to talk to you for years because, well, can you blame me for no longer trusting you after what you did to me?

You may be surprised to know that the money I made and a lot of effort went back into the community as well, even up until today. I have a turbo everdrive 2 that I bought ages ago and never used, just because I love krikzz. I donated 100$ to some guy in Germany who figured out and posted programming to make the gamecube output dvi with a fpga. Some of the money I put into the community didn't come from commissions since you killed that source of income, it came from other work. Look at the post udderdude made about me after I fixed his hardware for free as a friend.

Your above posts demonstrates that people get a better deal for their money from you. I don't provide the same level of quality service. However, I shouldn't be badgered into providing what you think is how it should be done.

Taking stabs at people who put themselves out there is really immature.

I never mentioned all the things that kept me busy and slowed my modding ability progress because, it's personal stuff.

I never got the feeling that anything would happen if I tried to work things out. Because I was backstabbed and never given any chance to begin with.

I've since received countless hate mails and comments from people who never hired me, never talked with me, only read the things posted about me and made their minds up based on that. Every time something like that was brought to your attention I'd see you post a laugh in reply. You never once showed concern that this was out of hand or that you had been wrong about me. I've read someone posting that he wants to find out where I live so he can come and damage my property in revenge. He was acting as if I really went out of my way to do as much damage as possible to people's cheap video game systems. Comments are posted everywhere, even on youtube videos that have nothing to do with video gaming. Yet, you accuse me of being the person who "doesn't give two sh#ts.".

By the way did I mention that years ago I made multiple offers over pm to phonedork that went unreplied? You're such close friends, I'm surprised he never mentioned this.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Drakon wrote:Truthfully if phonedork pays for shipping I will mail him one of my av famicoms. But I don't need him or anyone to bury any hatchet with me. If all of this had been voiced over PM I probably would have agreed to doing that before any of this happened. I really felt like sh#t for what happened to his system. Instead what I got was a "Everything is great, thanks!" followed by the biggest possible load of internet propaganda. I recall paying 80$ not 70$. Phonedork agreed to it without complaint.

In this thread:

http://www.retromods.net/viewtopic.php?t=33

You posted in early 2015 some of my really ancient work. People see it, they look at the date it was posted, and think that I'm still doing work like this. I know you're smart enough to know that. Then people started posting pictures of work that wasn't even commissions, some of it was my very first work ever.

Thanks for finally replying without being angry. I was afraid to talk to you for years because, well, can you blame me for no longer trusting you after what you did to me?

You may be surprised to know that the money I made went back into the community as well. I have a turbo everdrive 2 that I bought ages ago and never used, just because I love krikzz. I donated 100$ to some guy in Germany who figured out and posted programming to make the gamecube output dvi with a fpga. Some of the money I put into the community didn't come from commissions since you killed that source of income, it came from other work.

Your above posts demonstrates that people get a better deal for their money from you. I don't provide the same level of quality service. However, I shouldn't be badgered into providing what you think is how it should be done.

Taking stabs at people who put themselves out there is really immature. I have other ventures where I'm treated much better.

I never mentioned all the things that kept me busy and slowed my modding ability progress because, it's personal stuff.

I never got the feeling that anything would happen if I tried to work things out. Because I was backstabbed and never given any chance to begin with.
the retromods thread is a recreation of the old thread so the stuff stays out where people can see it. I left neogeo and no longer post there. I can however still make changes happen to the retromods place so if you do go back and fix things I am more than happy to add that information. Some of the stuff i posted in that thread were pictures sent to me by others that said it was recent. I'm not a mod there anymore but I know if I ask the Admin to add righted wrongs into it they will. If you could please pm me pictures of your most recent modwork and the links to the pics that are of ancient work in that thread. If your work has improved a good deal I'll post the new work as a then and now comparison and have an admin add to the old posts which are old outdated work.

I will contact Phonedork after work and let him know that you are willing to replace the damaged system. For documentation sake please pm me an email address that I can give to phonedork so he can get in touch with you. No offense but I don't want to link him to your page where PMS can be deleted. Your email won't be given out, and if you don't believe me I have your home address still and never gave it out ( giving out personal information such and addresses and numbers is never cool.)
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Commissioned overclocked superfx games. Only tacked down wires with minimal strips of glue, no glue on contacts. The oscillators are attached to the pcb without glue, just soldered a resistor leg to ground plates exposed by light scraping and feeding the pin through the holes of the proto board to clamp it. Credit for this idea goes to Tiido. The battery holders also have no glue.

That's it, team skips killed all other business. Money earned from this was partly donated and some was used to support krikzz.

Those "recent" commission pictures were from systems made before the craziness began.

This overclocked superfx commission happened long after all the craziness. I mentioned to the customer that I like to use a little glue to tack down wires before doing anything. I didn't receive any complaints.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

You killed your own business, don't try to shift the blame here. Your previous work speaks for itself, others just put it in the spotlight.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

I didn't force people to post things about me and blow everything out of proportion. They did this as their own free will. If I had made those posts then I would have been responsible.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Nothing was blown out of proportion, your work was a mess plain and simple. You also charged others ridiculous amounts for shoddy work, of course word is gonna get around eventually.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips said a lot of untrue things about me and everyone believed it like it's the bible without considering that it may be untrue. That is a textbook definition of "out of proportion". I never was trying to defend my work. People were completely wrong about my personality.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

And yet after the Skips incident you continued:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMH-xp-WtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQcDQf_3F0

Again, no one did this to you, your work speaks for itself.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Again, I was never talking about the work quality. Also that first video is a commission from over a year before the skips incident.
Last edited by Drakon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

That's the very core of your reputation. That's why you lost customers.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Once again I was never complaining about losing customers. I made it very clear I'm fine with not having the business. I just wanted people to know that I'm not as evil as they seem to think I am. I also wanted people to know that many customers were very unfair and unrealistic with me.

It gets tiring mentioning over and over that I'm not trying to defend my old work. This is the sort of attitude that makes me feel like trying to talk with people isn't going to accomplish anything.
kel

Post by kel »

Drakon wrote:It gets tiring mentioning over and over that I'm not trying to defend my old work. This is the sort of attitude that makes me feel like trying to talk with people isn't going to accomplish anything.
To any bystander it could seem like you are actually ignoring the point that people have been trying to make to you for years and making the issue revolve around you instead of the customers, which is what it should actually be about.

A bit of humble pie wouldn't do any harm right now.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

This is the problem. People think that no matter what, the customers are the only important people and the person who did the work isn't allowed to speak his or her side of the story. I get it, the customers here are always right no matter what, no problem. People went after me like I have the resources and as much business as a multinational corporation.

I personally believe that the customers and service people should be treated as equals and that both sides of a story should be taken into consideration before making speculations or judgement. I can see that's not what people want here so I'm fine no longer providing services here. I turned down a few customers because I receive much more fair treatment doing other work.

What I've been mentioning is how unfair this whole thing was and how skips made people believe in a very inaccurate portrayal of me. I was surprised that so many people would blindly believe it, I was't expecting that.

Thanks for keeping your post humble. I don't see why it looks like I ignored anything. I apologized many times. I posted pictures of work that fits the style of what people asked for.
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

Pasky wrote:And yet after the Skips incident you continued:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMH-xp-WtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQcDQf_3F0

Again, no one did this to you, your work speaks for itself.
That first one is kind of impressive! :mrgreen: Bad or good, one has to admit a good bit of work must have went into doing that.

Honestly, Im not really a stickler for how things look inside a console, as long as it works and as long as its put together in a way that should not inherently increase the chance of failure.

None of my business, but since this is all being aired publicly, Id like to say at the very least, make sure everything works before sending a mod back to a paying customer. Most people who want mod work done are inherently anal about their consoles and their video out. Its not like they are not going to notice their S-Video has warbly colors or their composite video is MIA.

All that said, Drakon, you are kind of a legend in the modding community. Everyone has heard about you, and reading some of your posts on various topics on other forums, it seems you have quite a bit of technical knowledge. I recommend using this fame/infamy to your advantage. Post some of your more recent work, make things right with as best you can with past customers, and vow to warranty your work. Theres no reason you cant turn it around if you do these things.
Last edited by Josh128 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

It was a pretty horrid mess. I let the customer know ahead of time that my toaster installs weren't as good as the av famicom. Even though my av famicom installs back then were pretty horrible too. It was quite a failure from today's perspective, but it did work. I just had forgotten that sega genesis rgb cables had resistors on the rgb lines. I tried to get the customer to work with me over the internet because I had a feeling that the problem was something really small like that. The customer refused to work with me and instead came up with this crazy demand that I had to pay to ship the system back and forth just to somehow find the problem with his av cable, that wasn't a part of the commission or my work. At this point, communication with the customer had really broken down and I felt that I could no longer work with him because he was beyond reason and threatening to attack my reputation if I didn't comply to his strange demands. Instead of considering that something was wrong with his setup this customer was convinced that my work was the real cause of his issue, and nothing would convince him otherwise.

It would have been far more effective for game-tech to simply pm me with suggestions, which he never tried, instead of buying into the hate and assuming that I opposed the idea of improving. All of my interactions with the game-tech guy made me feel like he wanted to organize all console mod jobs on the internet and delegate work to those he feels are worthy when he gets overwhelmed. When he contacted me I'd already found people who had cloned my work in order to make a profit, so by this point in time I was hesitant to share my work. I guess since I didn't want to hand over my work for free, I wound up in his bad books so to speak. Up until now I never said anything bad about him or his work.

I feel that it's unfair to completely blame me for what people got. I posted a lot of my pictures of my personal work. I warned a number of customers about my shortcomings. I rarely received complaints about glue from customers, in fact one or two even complimented my work. It was only after the craziness began that I started to really receive complaints about it. I think my old work is garbage, but even now I still have a way to go until I get as good as some other people out there.

Thanks for the positive perspective. The biggest mistake I made was obviously the glue. I long since realized that quite often I would have to go back and redo systems which taught me that the easier I made the work undoable, the better it was. Back then it was still considered that these systems would never need to be worked on again. I'm not using that as an excuse though, that was poor quality work. I was way too over-paranoid and unskilled. I gained a lot of fame before having a chance to gain any skill.

I've said things in the past that would later be proven wrong or partly inaccurate. It did take a number of years before people actually realized that a number of things I posted were correct. The majority of people voiced that they don't want to hear what I have to say. Even if people did show interest today, I'd really find it hard to trust anyone I meet on these forums after all I've been through.

Both the consoles in these videos were working fine. I'm pretty certain I even let the second customer know that I had disabled composite video. I did that because some customers had their rgb cables wired to get sync from the composite video pin, and I was tired of hearing complaints about them not getting a picture because of sync and having to rewire their av cables for their setup. I typically make a video demonstrating the system working before sending it out.

Thanks for the compliments it's really nice, but these experiences really jarred me. A lot of people who I had helped out completely for free and who pretended to be friends backstabbed me. Usually right around the time that they felt like I'd never come up with anything new is when I'd get backstabbed. People like this are skips, phonedork, thunderblaze, apolloboy. I still get hate messages about it today, in places that have nothing to do with consoles or gaming.

I can't warranty my work. Once my work is out of my hands the customer could break it and blame it on me. Or the customer could just have something wrong with their setup or av cables and blame it on me, which would often be the case. What I do offer is after so much time of improving my skills and techniques is a redo of my old jobs for free as long as the customer is willing to pay for all shipping.

I also have mentioned that I get more respect and have an easier time doing other types of work. I'm again not trying to justify my modding mistakes nor win back any previous work. I'm fine posting my recent work and letting potential customers make up their own minds if they want to risk hiring me. I've never tried to hide myself or run away from anything.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQcDQf_3F0&t=399
game-tech.us wrote:It wasn't my idea, but the whole idea with putting towers of hot glue in between them and then melting it to keep it in place was a fantastic idea!
You're welcome Jason! :mrgreen:
darcagn

Post by darcagn »

Drakon wrote:incoherent babbling
I'd really like to know your opinion: should Drakon Shut up and Glue be a gluing simulator, a platformer, or an RPG?
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Perhaps some of the criticisms were critical. But you honestly can't be pulling the "I'm the wrongly outed victim" card, are you?

Skips didn't make it his personal mission to bring you bad press. Your actions throughout the modding community brought it to your own front door.

The community was merely the vessel that delivered your public undoing. If you can't see that, I don't know how to help you.

Maybe if you could concede to the fact that you did some remarkably shitty things (with consistency), maybe... just maybe... people would be in a better position to give you another chance.

I'm not into seeing anyone getting indefinitely destroyed or ruined. So perhaps if you could humble yourself a little more, the tides could change.
darcagn wrote:
Drakon wrote:incoherent babbling
I'd really like to know your opinion: should Drakon Shut up and Glue be a gluing simulator, a platformer, or an RPG?

^ It's a joke, Drakon. You've arguably made hot-glue one of the greatest memes in the modding community. It can't be helped.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Skips followed me around for a while on various forums trying to get responses out of me. He felt the need to post links to his hate thread in a thread that had nothing to do with hardware work. He really tried hard to and succeeded at convincing phondork that I'm scum and there's no point in bringing anything up with me. As a team they both told me everything was fine and then did this.

As I mentioned before, people would rather believe I'm evil than believe people blew everything about me out of proportion. If you don't believe me that's fine.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

But that doesn't quantify to the broad modding-scene shaming you've been in receipt of for the past couples of years.

Whatever Skip did/didn't do was merely a catalyst. Blaming him is only skirting the issue, here.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Yes and shaming my work never bothered me. I never complained about it. What I was pointing out is wrong is him trying to make people believe that I'm some sort of a dick who "doesn't give two sh#ts". What skips did was make people believe that trying to work things out with me would just be a waste of time. So much could have avoided had people not bought into this and just tried talking to me.

I wasn't lying about what happened with phonedork, skips, and that other customer and how everything panned out. My work was poor quality but I wasn't purposely trying to screw customers.
Last edited by Drakon on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Well, I don't mean to be a dick, dude.. But did you see the two videos that Jason (Gametech.US) made of your work?

Those are both fairly self explanatory. And more importantly. In Gametech.US' AV Famicom video; Did you not receive a mint AV Famicom that you replaced with something... less minty?

Specifically: https://youtu.be/eiQcDQf_3F0?t=23m31s

I'm not attacking you. These are basic, rudimentary questions. Answer honestly, that's all anyone can ask of you.
Last edited by Voultar on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.