Cave (Shooter?) on Android

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Matskat

Re: Cave (Shooter?) on Android

Post by Matskat »

i JUST GOT THESE WORKING ON MY kINDLE fiRE...FINALLY.

Here is what I did:

1. Rooted the Fire
2. Flashed CyanogenMod 7
3. Installed build.prop editor app from market
4. Installed DDP:R from market
5. Modified the following lines in build.prop
ro.product.model=SO-01C
ro.product.brand=docomo
ro.build.fingerprint=docomo/X10_1233-7397/SonyEricssonSO-01C/es209ra:1.6/R1EA018/1266719038:user/rel-keys
6. Rebooted tablet
7. Ran DDP:R - it downloaded the data files and opened. Yes!

Seems that modifying the Kindle fire's default build.prop fails to coax the G-mo into believing that it's something else...CM7 for the Fire has a build.prop that masquerades as a Galaxy Tab. Modifying THIS build.prop worked like a charm. The kindle fire's android build is wonky to say the least. The thing is pretty boss with CM7.....
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
sirmax

Post by sirmax »

So still no android market version I can easily buy and install? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous and I mean RFA PAL-ridiculous.
nahucirujano

Post by nahucirujano »

There are any news about cave android games?
zeomax

Post by zeomax »

http://uploaded.to/file/eawdovvk <-- espgaluda 2 demo

this demo version of espgaluda works on my galaxy s without build.prop modifications.

@mods
this is not illigal or pirated, this is just the free demo from the android market.
MEDIEVAL_MIKU

Post by MEDIEVAL_MIKU »

nahucirujano wrote:There are any news about cave android games?
CAVE doesn't care about Android people.
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

zeomax wrote:http://uploaded.to/file/eawdovvk <-- espgaluda 2 demo

this demo version of espgaluda works on my galaxy s without build.prop modifications.

@mods
this is not illigal or pirated, this is just the free demo from the android market.

Both demos work great on my Evo and my Kindle Fire....it's the full versions that I paid for that don;t work :) without build.prop mods....

Buncha shit really....
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

MEDIEVAL_MIKU wrote:
You would think they would care... doesn't android have a bigger market share then iOS now?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

AntiFritz wrote:
MEDIEVAL_MIKU wrote:
You would think they would care... doesn't android have a bigger market share then iOS now?
I don't know what the current share is, but Android users notoriously don't want to pay for apps.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
yosai

Post by yosai »

brentsg wrote:Android users notoriously don't want to pay for apps.
True. but when developers they pull shit like this is it any wonder their stuff get pirated.
Matskat wrote:Both demos work great on my Evo and my Kindle Fire....it's the full versions that I paid for that don;t work :) without build.prop mods.....
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

got the demo working on my cyanogen motorola defy and works fine. although the scaling seems a bit off. even with screen settings "full" i have quite big black porders on the bottom and on the top of the screen.

gameplay is nice though. a pity i'll probably never be able to play this.
yosai

Post by yosai »

Here are both the Cave demos, as a few posts above these is not warez, just the ggee loaders that will download the Lite versions to your phone.

http://ul.to/6ebggf79 : EspGaluda Lite
http://ul.to/6l7sso9j : DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Lite

These Lite versions are just the first levels and should work on any Android 2.2+ phone without mods. They also have the options to purchase the full versions.
Assimilator87

Post by Assimilator87 »

Has anyone played with the European version through the Samsung Hub?
http://twitter.com/#!/cave_world_en/sta ... 8101853184

It pisses me off so bad that its been six months since they released DDPR and ESPII in Asia and there isn't any indication of a U.S. release date. The lite versions run flawlessly on my TouchPad, which isn't even a native Android device, so what's taking so long!?
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

oh god. those voices. and that stage 1 music. nope.
Amano Jacu

Post by Amano Jacu »

Assimilator87 wrote:Has anyone played with the European version through the Samsung Hub?
http://twitter.com/#!/cave_world_en/sta ... 8101853184

It pisses me off so bad that its been six months since they released DDPR and ESPII in Asia and there isn't any indication of a U.S. release date. The lite versions run flawlessly on my TouchPad, which isn't even a native Android device, so what's taking so long!?
I'm in Spain and I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I've downloaded the trial version of dodonpachi through the samsung hub, and then paid 5.99€ through paypal to ggee to unlock it:

http://ggee.com/gamehub/app_823.html

I'm downloading the trial version of espgaluda and most likely I'll buy it tomorrow. However, before doing so I've sent an e-mail to ggee because I can't change my password on my account (it asks for the current one which I don't know).
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Is there any kind of information about this mysterious Samsung Hub release on the net? I simply cannot find anything. In which EU-countries is it available? Which Phones are supported?
...Cave sure as fuck knows how to hide their games from any potential customers :cry:
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

Has anyone tried to run the demo via emulator? BlueStacks returns a "data corrupted" error thingie...
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Evrain wrote:Has anyone tried to run the demo via emulator? BlueStacks returns a "data corrupted" error thingie...
I could never figure out the android emulator but might have another go later with the demo.

From my understanding its impossible to get an apk of the full version?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
yosai

Post by yosai »

Don't think so. This is the directory of Galuda Lite, I would image the full game uses a similar structure.

sirmax

Post by sirmax »

Friend of mine owns a Samsung mobile and a SamsungHub account. We downloaded the lite version of EspGaluda and it seems that the downloaded files were the full version files, but it still has the 2 minutes limitation. Difference is, the limitation isn't built in the application like in the other lite versions, but in Samsung's launcher. Fileswapping won't work btw.

And yeah, it uses the same structure.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

yosai wrote:Don't think so. This is the directory of Galuda Lite, I would image the full game uses a similar structure.

.exe ... what

Obviously the file extension doesn't really mean anything but still odd they would name their files that way.
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

sirmax wrote:Friend of mine owns a Samsung mobile and a SamsungHub account. We downloaded the lite version of EspGaluda and it seems that the downloaded files were the full version files, but it still has the 2 minutes limitation. Difference is, the limitation isn't built in the application like in the other lite versions, but in Samsung's launcher. Fileswapping won't work btw.

And yeah, it uses the same structure.
One could easily assume Samsung's launcher is simply a rebranded/reworked GGee one then, however from a few reports I've read it's still buggy as hell on other devices. A shame, really.
zeomax

Post by zeomax »

Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles are out for android and this time it is the non gee version :D

edit:
Espgaluda 2
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

zeomax wrote:Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles are out for android and this time it is the non gee version :D

edit:
Espgaluda 2
Those aren't legit, at all.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

I like the Google Translate descriptions.

EDIT: Sent a message to Cave asking about these.
zeomax

Post by zeomax »

AntiFritz wrote:Those aren't legit, at all.
why?

tested the demo version of espgaluda and mushihimesama.
on my galaxy s1 it runs extremely bad, maybe 5 fps and after a couple of seconds it crashes and my phone reboots. espgaluda is not working.

on my asus transformer 1 it takes about 2 minutes to load the game and another 2 minutes to load the level. than the music starts and the game crashes. espgaluda is not working.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Looking closer at the screenshots, you can see "INSERT COIN" or "FREE PLAY" in the top corner of many of them.
sirmax

Post by sirmax »

Just tried MSF HD, runs like shit. Even the title screen lags like hell.
Amano Jacu

Post by Amano Jacu »

I'm in Spain and all of these games in the play market show that are not compatible with my region, but HD Mushihimesama Futari SPS. I might try it in my Asus Transformer EEEPAD, even though I don't think it'll be very good... Are they just emulated versions of the arcade? Do they have the Cave license at least?

EDIT: I tried the demo of mushihimesama in my ASUS transformer, and just like zeomax said, it need a while to load, then another while to start the first stage, then the music starts playing and the game crashes.

Total piece of garbage :evil:
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

I could download ESPAGALUDA 2 and MUSHIHIME SAMA from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE (not official CAVE products) but I can't start them. I get a RAM Error message. what I have to do?
zeomax

Post by zeomax »

you need more free ram.