Xbox 360: Akai Katana Shin (May 2011)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MR_Soren

Re: Xbox 360: Akai Katana Shin (May 2011)

Post by MR_Soren »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:Can't wait for this! Good to see more shmups being region locked, it seems like almost every one that's coming out this year is region free except DFK and this. And I'm sure Otomedius will be locked since it has already been confirmed as having a US release.
This is a stupid thing to say.

Must be one of EOJ's friends, doesn't want any of us losers who don't import consoles to play. ;)

In all seriousness, that is an incredibly rude statement, unless you mean that you are expecting this foretells it being published in other regions.
Last edited by MR_Soren on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Oh brother. Save the elitist snobbery for cavestg, no one cares if you can play Japanese 360 games or not.

If you want to talk about region-locking, go here.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

seeing as machinearse has a jpn 360 i doubt he's hoping it gets localized and is in fact just being a total wapanese rentboy.

can we all lol @machinearse

COS HES IS A NOOB AND THINKS HE IS A HARDCORE ELITIST GAYMER
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I HOPE NO ONE IN THE WORLD CAN PLAY THIS GAME BUT ME
THEN I'LL BE COOL ON THE INTERNET :lol:
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

bcass wrote:Having to wait an additional 12 months to 2 years for a Western release seems like a high price to pay in and of itself though.
If DeathSmiles was a success then it won't take that long.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Midey

Post by Midey »

charlie chong wrote:I HOPE NO ONE IN THE WORLD CAN PLAY THIS GAME BUT ME
THEN I'LL BE COOL ON THE INTERNET :lol:
You are wrong! Only I can play this game! :evil:
bcass

Post by bcass »

brentsg wrote:
bcass wrote:Having to wait an additional 12 months to 2 years for a Western release seems like a high price to pay in and of itself though.
If DeathSmiles was a success then it won't take that long.
I'll believe it when I see it.
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

cover looks dope!
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Aww, sounds like some people had their feelings hurt.

CAVE sounds very optimistic about this getting localized, so for anyone who would like to play it, it has more of a chance of getting an overseas release, which will surely be at a lower price point, since all of these games, even for regular editions, end up at about $85 before shipping to import, which is too much for a lot of people even if it is region free. It also means more money for CAVE to continue doing what they do, for those of us who enjoy their games.

Also, the cover does look fantastic. It is weird to think that when this comes out, CAVE doesn't really have any arcade games that haven't had a console release, so will they start trying to make brand new games on console only? I think the arcade market in any country is weakening to the point where there isn't going to be all that much profit from making them.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:Aww, sounds like some people had their feelings hurt.
Also, the cover does look fantastic. It is weird to think that when this comes out, CAVE doesn't really have any arcade games that haven't had a console release, so will they start trying to make brand new games on console only? I think the arcade market in any country is weakening to the point where there isn't going to be all that much profit from making them.
Dangun Feveron, Progear (unlikely to happen due to Capcom having the rights), EspRADE, Ibara Kuro and so on. There are a few games which did not get a console port.

As far as arcade and such goes, I would not be surprised at all if Cave would stop doing arcade games and just develop straight for the 360.
bcass

Post by bcass »

The domestic market for 360 retail releases is dwindling as well though. Given that the Western sales of DeathSmiles have outnumbered the (impressive) JPN sales, you have to wonder if they will shift to a more international focus. One thing's for sure - they can't survive long-term by releasing PCBs and J360 disc based games.
MachineAres 1CC

ptoing wrote:Dangun Feveron, Progear (unlikely to happen due to Capcom having the rights), EspRADE, Ibara Kuro and so on. There are a few games which did not get a console port.

As far as arcade and such goes, I would not be surprised at all if Cave would stop doing arcade games and just develop straight for the 360.
I meant as far as more recent titles that would actually garner some public attention and possibly a retail release. And the XBLA Dangun Feveron has already been confirmed by CAVE, and Ibara did technically get a console release, even if not the BL version.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I downloaded the PV to my 360 earlier, and as the monitor is in TATE I got a crazy idea that when this is release, I'm actually gonna rotate my joystick and play the game as a vertical. Also, please watch the PV like that before telling me I'm crazy. :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I DID THAT ALREADY WITH PROGEAR ON MAME ITS FUN
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

emphatic wrote:I downloaded the PV to my 360 earlier, and as the monitor is in TATE I got a crazy idea that when this is release, I'm actually gonna rotate my joystick and play the game as a vertical. Also, please watch the PV like that before telling me I'm crazy. :lol:
Might be a neat idea. I would still like to see how well a true 16:9 vert would work.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

CAVE sounds very optimistic about this getting localized, so for anyone who would like to play it, it has more of a chance of getting an overseas release, which will surely be at a lower price point, since all of these games, even for regular editions, end up at about $85 before shipping to import, which is too much for a lot of people even if it is region free. It also means more money for CAVE to continue doing what they do, for those of us who enjoy their games.

Not bad, even if this is not what you were originally trying to say.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
-SD-

Post by -SD- »

This does look quite awesome. Let's start pestering Rising Star for a UK release.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Wow, May? That was a quick port from arcade to console. I'll definitely bring this on tour with my summer convention schedule. :D
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

i'm pretty sure that machineares attitude comes from the fact he wanted two releases to grind for achievement points.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

I actually held off on buying Daifuketsui.. good thing since I have this to look forward to. Probably not going to get muchi pork either.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
MachineAres 1CC

kid aphex wrote:i'm pretty sure that machineares attitude comes from the fact he wanted two releases to grind for achievement points.
Hardly. Especially on CAVE games, when its hard to ever get past about half of the achievements or so, those are the last of my concerns.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

ptoing wrote:
Dangun Feveron, Progear (unlikely to happen due to Capcom having the rights), EspRADE, Ibara Kuro and so on. There are a few games which did not get a console port.

I'm still waiting for an ESPRade XBLA release, and will gladly start a thread where we all spam Cave for an ESPRade XBLA release for 800 MS points just like Guwange (without the screen crap) once Dangun Feveron gets out.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I'm still waiting for an ESPRade XBLA release, and will gladly start a thread where we all spam Cave for an ESPRade XBLA release for 800 MS points just like Guwange (without the screen crap) once Dangun Feveron gets out.
ESPRade is in the same situation as Progear - Atlus has the rights.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

StarCreator wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:I'm still waiting for an ESPRade XBLA release, and will gladly start a thread where we all spam Cave for an ESPRade XBLA release for 800 MS points just like Guwange (without the screen crap) once Dangun Feveron gets out.
Atlus has the rights for Progear?

trollface.jpg
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

Jockel wrote:
StarCreator wrote:
Atlus has the rights for Progear?
I don't see why CAVE couldn't pay ATLUS or CAPCOM for the rights to ESPRade or Progear. Are these companies stupid or something? Some money is better than nothing, which is exactly what these rights are doing for their parent companies at the moment.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Indeed. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Cave could still release a 360 ports of these games and split the profits with Capcom/ATLUS. It's unlikely to happen though, given the low sales of most of Cave's recent 360 output. There's just not enough money in it to be worth the effort.
Treasurance

Post by Treasurance »

why does Akai Katana always make me think of zettai ryouiki
MachineAres 1CC

But Atlus also had the publishing rights from DonPachi and DoDonPachi, and even Guwange, yet Guwange got released on XBLA, and both DDP games got PSX and Saturn releases.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I'm going by what I read here. The way ESPrade is singled out makes it sound like there's an issue to that game's rights that are unique to that game.
MachineAres 1CC

StarCreator wrote:I'm going by what I read here. The way ESPrade is singled out makes it sound like there's an issue to that game's rights that are unique to that game.
Interesting, and funny enough someone said exactly the same thing as I did right after the OP in that thread, about Guwange being Atlus as well. There's some other interesting bits from that meeting too, like how Guwange wasn't even meant to be profitable and how they don't even have most of their own PCBs.