Bayonetta (PS3/360)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
adversity1

Re: Bayonetta (PS3/360)

Post by adversity1 »

Elixir wrote:Play-Asia shipped my copy just now. Hype.
Shit, that means I can probably furage this and S&P2 today. Fuck, must leave work early.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

hatimaki is a PS3 fanboy (only because Vesperia went to the PS3), so he always reports stuff that's always subtly degrading the 360 somehow.
good look to him on the 38/40 PS3 version, i'm sure most tophatters will go for the superior x360 40/40 experience! ;)
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Sega bringing joy to Japan's commuters
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

anyone know if they plan on editing this before it comes stateside? I was wondering if that was the reason for the region lock on the 360 version.

And i assume that this is perfectly import friendly for us English only types from what I saw in the demo.
kengou

Post by kengou »

The game is apparently entirely in english. Feel free to import! Personally I'll wait for the U.S. version, but I'll definitely get this eventually.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/27/ge ... n-english/
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

yeah... it's totaly in english.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Oh My God..... buy it with no fear. Once you hit the 3rd chapter you will start to see some GREAT stuff.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Strider77 wrote:Oh My God..... buy it with no fear. Once you hit the 3rd chapter you will start to see some GREAT stuff.
How did you get it so fast? Aren't you in the US?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I am in the USA.... I don't order from play asia anymore unless I have to, a sales going on or it's retro. It's quicker to go with NCSX, they get the game in stock the same time and since they are in the USA you will get it sooner than having it come all the way from asia. I paid for overnight also.

I've played more and there are alot of fun references to other games, capcom and sega games. You'll here outrun music coming from the car radio in a cut scene along with after burner, space harrier ect during it's minigame between stages. Bayanetta also yells out "henshin a go go baby" in a cut scene. Another side character mentions how if anything happened to him several females would miss him and list off Clair, Trish ect.

The game alot of fun and the visuals are fantastic, the boss fights are a sight to see. All very over the top in a great way.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Strider77 wrote:"henshin a go go baby"
I must hear this. Someone buy me the game when it gets a US release.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

@Strider77
How's your game-clock doing? Is the "less than 3.5 hours on first playthrough" rumor true?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

no.... I'm at 8 hours right now and it's still going. I imagine if you played on easy and made a strong effort not to do ANYTHING extra then it might be possible to beat it in less than 4 hours.

but i have been playing it at my pace on normal and it seems to be fine length wise. there is a decent amount of extra content also as far as buying weapons, techniques, formal challenges ect.

played a great chapter today..... u are fighting enemies on the top of cars and trucks while speeding down the highway and there is a nice remix of splash wave playing. then you hop on a bike and hall ass down the highway while shooting, jumping and dodging on the bike with after burner music blasting in the back ground. there is alot of fan service for sega and capcom fans.

this game is game of the year for me.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Sounds great! Really looking forward to it, p-a already shipped my copy. Can't wait to taste the sega fanservice - After Burner BGM 8)
kengou

Post by kengou »

Man, that white T-shirt costume... drool...

@strider77: based on everything you've just said: my frothing demand for this game increases.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

[PS3] Bayonetta (Sega) - 93,000 (57%)
[NDS] Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) - 85,000 (46%)
[PS3] Tekken 6 (Bandai Namco Games) - SE 72,000 (47%) / CB 6,600 (75%)
[360] Bayonetta (Sega) - 45,000 (78%)
[WII] Super Robot Taisen Neo (Bandai Namco Games) - 27,000 (56%)
[360] Tekken 6 (Bandai Namco Games) - SE 20,000 (41%) / CB 1,900 (47%)
[WII] Sin and Punishment 2 (Nintendo) - 5,600 (29%)
[NDS] Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (CyberFront) - 5,100 (17%)
[PSP] Elminage II: Sousei no Megami to Unmei no Daichi (Starfish SD) - 5,100 (46%)
[NDS] Fresh Precure! Asobi Collection (Bandai Namco Games) - 4,300 (18%)
[NDS] Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition Kanzenhan (Genterprise) - 4,200 (42%)
[PS3] Samurai Dou 3 Plus (BEST) (Spike) - 4,000 (42%)
[PSP] Kenka Banchou Portable (Spike) - 2,200 (14%)
[PS2] Sekirei: Mirai Kara no Okurimono (Alchemist) - LE 1,900 (52%) / SE 1,600 (46%)
[NDS] Game Book DS: Sword World 2.0 (Broccoli) - SE 1,100 (29%) / LE 670 (29%)
[PSP] Taishou Yakyuu Musume: Otometachi no Seishun Nikki (5pb.) - LE 610 (40%) / SE 560 (21%)
[NDS] Date ni Game Tsui Wake Jane! Dungeon Maker Girls Type (Idea Factory) - 600 (17%)
[PSP] Purisaga! Portable (Views) - 560 (26%)
[PS2] Nadepro!! Kisama mo Seiyuu Yatte Miro! (GungHo Works) - SE 550 (43%)

PS3's version sold more despite being inferior, but the 360's sales are still pretty high. I'm surprised that so many people are still willing to buy an inferior version.

Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Keep in mind that those are just first-day sales numbers (the % indicates the percentage sold of the first shipment).

It's not surprising that Bayonetta is still selling more on the PS3 than the 360, since the PS3 has sold 3 times as much as the 360 in Japan, and not every PS3 owner in Japan owns a 360 (though I'm pretty sure most 360 owners in Japan also own a PS3). What is interesting to note, is that Bayonetta is selling at a 2:1 ratio between the two versions, at least so far. When a multiconsole PS3/360 game is released in Japan, the ratio is usually 3:1 in favor of the PS3 version (sometimes higher). What this means, is that more multiconsole owners are picking up the 360 version of Bayonetta than is usual for a multiconsole release. I'm pretty sure this is because of the rather large difference in performance between the two versions. But like I said, these are just first-day sales numbers, so that ratio could change.
:lol:
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Re: 360 vs PS3 differences... I doubt as many folks in japan care as much about native resolution and framerate, as tech-obsessed western gamers do. Keep in mind that gamers there are happy to spend much of their time grinding in a 480x272 res game for the past few years, as long as they are interested in the game itself. If japanese gamers cared that much about resolution and framerate, they'd buy more gaming PCs than they do (which is not a lot). :)

Edit: Just noticed this link says there will be "exclusive pre-order items for the western market".
Last edited by Thunder Force on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

more sega fanservice is later on in the game, it comes in the form of a space harrier/fantasy zone shooting stage..... complete with space harrier BGM and behind your ship view rail shooting with lock on missiles ect (even says "get ready... welcome to fantasy zone". i can't wait to hear some other reactions to the hang on tribute on the bike with after burner music blasting.... that one part put a huge smile on my face.
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

I hope the exclusive preorder item isnt the ebgames/gamestop posters... Anyone know for sure
kengou

Post by kengou »

Thunder Force wrote:Re: 360 vs PS3 differences... I doubt as many folks in japan care as much about native resolution and framerate, as tech-obsessed western gamers do. Keep in mind that gamers there are happy to spend much of their time grinding in a 480x272 res game for the past few years, as long as they are interested in the game itself. If japanese gamers cared that much about resolution and framerate, they'd buy more gaming PCs than they do (which is not a lot). :)
I live in the U.S. and even I can barely tell the difference between the two. The colors look slightly more vibrant on the 360, that's about it. Never had an issue with framerate with the PS3 demo.
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

I can't wait to get this in the mail. Japanese version of course. Kinda bums me out though how much I spent on the Japanese version of Ninja Blade and seeing it for $15 at Target for the US version :roll:
TLB

Post by TLB »

Holy shit, totally going to get Ninja Blade, if that's the case.
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

Western release dates confirmed: 5th Jan for the US, 8th Jan for the EU.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6238396.htm ... es;title;5
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

if you are even remotely excited for this game... let yourself get hyped, no worries especially if you enjoy sega fan service.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

It's such a shame that P* and Sega mangled the PS3 version of this game. My choice of consoles down the line has just been made much harder. Get a PS3 and play God of War 3 or get a 360 and enjoy the good version of Bayonetta.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I just finished up playing through on Normal. It took me about 11 hours (BTW, don't put the controller down during the credits!). I tried Hard Mode and promptly got wasted in the first area (and that's retaining all of my weapons and power-ups from playing through on Normal), the enemies are significantly more aggresive and a lot faster!
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

I finished my first play-thru as well, this game rocks! only negative for me is the rather convoluted storyline, but that's just a minor detail that doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. it's very satisfying in terms of depth, action, challenge etc...

[spoilers]

I think the pinnacle of absurdity is the part where you have to guide the bullet into Balder's forehead, it's so over the top :D

[/spoilers]
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I love the music video at the end.... they had alot of fun making this and it shows.