Recently Purchased SHMUPs

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Erik

Post by Erik »

[/quote]

isn't gradius v awesome? I'm neglecting all my other games, just sticking to gradius right now.

[/quote]

Yes, it is awesome! Although the last two levels get a bit unfair (with the green ooze stuff and walls blocking your way) I just completed it on very easy while wasting 8 credits or so, so there is still a long to go. Challenging to say the least!
I would also recommend Gradius Gaiden. Although the graphics are more dated (from 1997 yes), the difficulty level can be adjusted fully which is perfect. Easiest really is easiest, without cheap deaths. You can also edit your weapon gauge (following order) which is great. The levels are very fun too.
Both games are a very welcome addition to any collection.
clp

Post by clp »

Erinu wrote:
Momijitsuki wrote:
Erinu wrote:Recently purchased Gradius Rebirth for the Wii. It's good, but the Wii doesn't really have any shmups to begin with and at present its the only next-gen console which I own..
What about the Ultimate Shooting Collection and Shikigami no Shiro III?
Shikigami III is a port and it's sucks. I could play it on my Japanese 360 back in Manchester on 720p. But see, I dont even want to do THAT. Major fail compared to Shikigami II. I don't know what Ultimate Shooting Collection is but it looks like Milestone games. Inotherwords it looks bad.
*FACEPALM*
Erik

Post by Erik »

Today bought Gate of Thunder on Wii Virtual Console (TG-16). It is intense and bloody brilliant.
Arasoi

Post by Arasoi »

My Recca Summer Carnival '92 finally arrived, and damn is this game difficult. I love it.
redeyeguy_KIO

Post by redeyeguy_KIO »

Arasoi wrote:My Recca Summer Carnival '92 finally arrived, and damn is this game difficult. I love it.
How much did you purchase this game for? I am looking forward to buying it one day, just for novelty purposes (and so I could no longer feel guilty about playing it emulated on my computer). 8)

I recently bought Geometry Wars - Galaxies for Wii. Such a good game - so much depth in the gameplay, along with an online scoreboard for motivational purposes.
MY SHMUP REVIEWS:
http://shmup.xanga.com/

MY YOUTUBE (former Killer Instinct champion):
http://www.youtube.com/user/redeyedol
farewell

Post by farewell »

I got Raiden Fighters: Aces a few weeks ago, and just downloaded R-Type Delta to my PSP a few days ago. Both are quite epic.

Also scored the Alltynex Second demo a little while back.
This is the end.
`Throwdown

Post by `Throwdown »

farewell wrote:I got Raiden Fighters: Aces a few weeks ago, and just downloaded R-Type Delta to my PSP a few days ago. Both are quite epic.

Also scored the Alltynex Second demo a little while back.
Fighter Aces is quite a brilliant remake and worth the wait. Achievements are reasonable as well.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Asteroids and Centipede for the Atari 7800. I also just ordered a new 7800 (power switch stopped working on old one and it's not in the best shape) that comes with a NIB Galaga.
Arasoi

Post by Arasoi »

redeyeguy_KIO wrote:How much did you purchase this game for? I am looking forward to buying it one day, just for novelty purposes (and so I could no longer feel guilty about playing it emulated on my computer). 8)
Well I feel like a got a decent price on it, I paid around $200 shipped. Steep for any single game, but the amount of enjoyment I'm getting out of it is immense, so it doesn't hurt.
redeyeguy_KIO

Post by redeyeguy_KIO »

Arasoi wrote:
redeyeguy_KIO wrote:How much did you purchase this game for? I am looking forward to buying it one day, just for novelty purposes (and so I could no longer feel guilty about playing it emulated on my computer). 8)
Well I feel like a got a decent price on it, I paid around $200 shipped. Steep for any single game, but the amount of enjoyment I'm getting out of it is immense, so it doesn't hurt.
I agree, the game is worth the price just due to the sheer enjoyment and quality. It's also an excellent collector's item, therefore more value is added to the total.

I can't wait till I get a bit extra money and buy it someday.... :D
MY SHMUP REVIEWS:
http://shmup.xanga.com/

MY YOUTUBE (former Killer Instinct champion):
http://www.youtube.com/user/redeyedol
Etrian

Post by Etrian »

Tatsujin for the Megadrive. It's ok.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Etrian wrote:Tatsujin for the Megadrive. It's ok.
haha, thats one of my favorites of all time. okay indeed.

i just piced up a G Darius PCB. Waiting for it to arrive still. Shouldn't have, but I just felt like splurging a little.

Grabbed the R-Type Dimensions on XBOX live a few weeks back. that game is really something.
FIL

Post by FIL »

Famicom Mini Star Soldier.

I was looking for something nice for my GBA and videogameimports had it on sale at a reasonable price (he must be ill or something).

As I only have a DS Lite and a GB Micro to play it on I forsee a bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome in my near future.

EDIT: Just noticed Play Asia have them at an insane price. Not complaining though, still got it at half the UK retail price of our NES Classics and less than a straight Yen-GBP conversion of the Japanese retail price.
Erik

Post by Erik »

EDIT: Just noticed Play Asia have them at an insane price.
I also noticed that some of the prices there can be called quite extreme. A few weeks ago I saw Thunderforce V for PS1 for $74 excluding shipping. I purchased the game in the Netherlands at an import store for EUR 28 / $39, including shipping. The game is in perfect condition including spine card, there was only a small crack in the case.

On the other hand I purchased the Salamander Deluxe Pack for PS1 for EUR 52 / US$ 64.90 at PA including shipping, which is not too bad comparing it with other prices on the Net. It will still be a guess though, as they could not confirm the actual state of the game. If I'm scr*wed it will be hard to trade heh? However I read some good thing about them, so fingers crossed awaiting arrival !

EDIT : I finally managed to quote correctly after three tries or so. Blimey, I'm bloody brilliant :wink:
FIL

Post by FIL »

I must confess that as much as I browse their site, i've never actually used PA because the only payment option available to me that they'll accept is Paypal.

Even by internet standards, a new GBA game at $4.90 seems unusually low. Especially when their Zelda Famicom Mini is $28. Still I don't think I got a bad deal, just not the best one available.

I'm very impressed with the product, the EU and American NES classics just got a lame-o regular box and grey cart. I think i'll shop around and see how much I can get Twinbee for.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Erinu wrote:
Momijitsuki wrote:
Erinu wrote:Recently purchased Gradius Rebirth for the Wii. It's good, but the Wii doesn't really have any shmups to begin with and at present its the only next-gen console which I own..
What about the Ultimate Shooting Collection and Shikigami no Shiro III?
Shikigami III is a port and it's sucks. I could play it on my Japanese 360 back in Manchester on 720p. But see, I dont even want to do THAT. Major fail compared to Shikigami II. I don't know what Ultimate Shooting Collection is but it looks like Milestone games. Inotherwords it looks bad.
But um... isn't pretty much every shmup you play on a console a port? That aside, I can't help you if you're hard to please. ~(;ー。ー)ヽ
Orochi.Kyo

Post by Orochi.Kyo »

Some games arrived for me today.

Dodonpachi (Sega Saturn)
The Game Paradise (Sega Saturn)
Trouble Witches (Doujin PC)

Some time to master these.

PD: and hello first post here :D
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

I purchased Zero Gunner 2 for the Dreamcast today.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Pictures of the purchased stuff would make the thread much more fun .

Mine from last 6 weeks :

These all complete with spine :

CIT

Post by CIT »

Gote DEZAEMON 2 for Saturn.
HappyBuns

Post by HappyBuns »

My purchases from the last 2 weeks :D

Soldner x LE from playasia, Diadra Empty from Melonbooks
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Very , Very nice :D

Soldner x is on my wish list like still so many Shmups !

Bought a Official Dreamcast stick from Ebay , i really liked the stock stick in it but the buttons felt strange and one was sticky .
I swapped the buttons for Sanwa's i had left over from my SF4 TE stick , pimped it up a little , plays great !

Image[/img]
Mero

Post by Mero »

I finally bit the bullet and got a J-PS2 in March, so far my mighty collection consists of:

Donpachi
Espgaluda
Oretachi Gaesen Zoku: Sonic Wings
Sega Ages : Fantasy Zone Complete Collection
Shikigami No Shiro
Gradius Gaiden
Sexy Parodious
Mushihimesama
Money Idol Exchanger (Not a STG i know)
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

bought the US version of Biometal for the differing soundtrack :facepalm/2Unlimited
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Today in the mail :

Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Beautiful!!! :D

My last ones:

Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Great ,

DoDonPachi Daioujou is my favorite game this moment and DeathSmiles for the 360 makes me jealous .

I really need a Japanese 360 in the long run !
FRO

Post by FRO »

Don't have sexy pics to drool over, but I recently got Parodius Collection (PSP) and Soldier Collection (PSP) :D
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Casey120 wrote:Image
Where did you find Raiden DX with spine? Also, it looks like it's in a smaller CD styled case. I thought the original print was in the original PS1 case? If you ever wish to sell it, let me know.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Bought it absolutely mint on Ebay with the other lot from 1 seller , looks like any other Raiden DX case on Ebay to me , the spine is nice though :wink:

I hate how they put the disk face down like that on the desk to make that picture but still , .....not a single tiny scratch .