Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
MathU

Post by MathU »

crithit5000 wrote:I think you folk are just looking for reasons to turn any thread anyone here makes into a retard debate of some sort, if you're digging that deep for something to bitch about. Try taking a deep breath before posting and contemplate whether it's actually worth bringing up, as A. I was just messing around and B. You're crying over two words.
You were obviously trying to spark some reactions, so don't be surprised when you get them. Maybe you shouldn't start the thread off with such an uninformed, trolling statement that will obviously derail the topic if you actually want to talk about the game.

And wow, I finally had a chance to look at that trailer, and this looks absolutely fantastic.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

You'll upset the real trolls here by calling me that (they want no part of me).

Don't tell me what I intended to do, because you have absolutely no clue as to what I'm about, sir. The only 'intent' I had that was to say HAY LOOK S&P2 DONT FUCK IT UP DONT FUCK IT UP. Besides, if I were so obviously trolling for reactions, wouldn't you just feel stupid for giving in and feeding me the lulz that all trolls need and desire? Get effin' real, not every statement that you don't formally agree with or whatever is trolling. I keep forgetting internets and feelings are serious business. :oops:

This is the last I'll speak of this nonsense, because really it's a waste of time and a waste of bloodflower's server space. But please keep it up and eventually derail this thread further and get it locked (and please interpret this sentence as trolling as well).

Back on-topic: Um, was that a giant fucking chicken approximately halfway through the video?
Last edited by crithit5000 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
now tighter than your sister
LaserGun

Post by LaserGun »

Come on guys no one was like actually like "teh wii?! omg dis gonna be shyt waggle flail hurr durr!" I personally thought the trailer showed too many flying sections, the draw of S&P is the fact it's an on the rails run and gun and not another StarFox/Panzer Dragoon clone.
I think the game is well suited for the Wii, I hope they boost the difficulty up since using a Wiimote is easier than an onscreen crosshair.

My only criticisms so far is the main character design, is he shooting with a Wiimote? Also his shooting stance looks kinda funny, like he's playing a Wii game instead of firing a gun at huge missiles and crap.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Also his shooting stance looks kinda funny, like he's playing a Wii
I'm voting that this is intentional. It looks exactly like that, but with some bonus ballerina prancing about on the ground bits.
now tighter than your sister
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

sorry for the joke, waggle, gayfest I started.....

the game just looks like fun to me and I think that the wii is the PERFECT controller for this game..... I mean sure using those 4 buttons along with the stick worked fine. I just think having the left wii stick to move and then the right pointer for aiming makes a incredible amount of sense. Honestly, the pointer is spot on with a onscreen crosshair and so much more intuitive to boot.

if you want to not be excited b/c of one vid, the fact you can fly in some areas and character poses... then have at it. that just doesn't sound that much fun.

besides.... think about all the homosexuals you offended with your "gayfest" slang. some of them come in big sizes you know.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

LaserGun wrote:I personally thought the trailer showed too many flying sections, the draw of S&P is the fact it's an on the rails run and gun and not another StarFox/Panzer Dragoon clone.
I think the game is well suited for the Wii, I hope they boost the difficulty up since using a Wiimote is easier than an onscreen crosshair.

My only criticisms so far is the main character design, is he shooting with a Wiimote? Also his shooting stance looks kinda funny, like he's playing a Wii game instead of firing a gun at huge missiles and crap.
Glad I'm not alone on my first impressions.

Surprising that no one has mentioned yet how well the Wiimote is going to work for the quick sword slashes. The control scheme could be perfect for that.

Never the less, I couldn't agree more with LaserGun about how the main character looks to be playing a Wii game rather than actually living and fighting amongst the game environment. ...well the wonky character animation doesn't help either.
= not impressed.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Koa Zo wrote: the draw of S&P is the fact it's an on the rails run and gun and not another StarFox/Panzer Dragoon clone.
And - gasp - those had more style doing what they did.

I'll wait and see, but I remember what happened the last time I got a Nintendo console, and it's only been magnified through this gen. Blah.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I know.... I've never really heard panzer referred to as a bad thing.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Mmmh, those on-screen fonts are weird. The classy Ikaruga one clashing with these ultra-ugly "Player" and "Commander" and score fonts is a strange mix :? The rest looks cool, that´s why the fonts look so out of place for me. I guess this is a very early build so these are probably just placeholders.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

I hate to say it but I’d rather this be on the 360. I tried out Metroid Prime 3 and just could not control it very well despite everyone saying it had good control. Glad to see the game get an update, though.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I tried out Metroid Prime 3 and just could not control it very well despite everyone saying it had good control.
did you go into the option and set it to expert, then turn the lock back on? after i did this i was quite amazed with the control.... in fact the control was my favorite part about the game.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

this game is on rails like panz dragoon and elemental gearbolt? looks fun
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Strider77 wrote:I know.... I've never really heard panzer referred to as a bad thing.
A Panzer is a Panzer is a Panzer is not S&P.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Strider77 wrote:
I tried out Metroid Prime 3 and just could not control it very well despite everyone saying it had good control.
did you go into the option and set it to expert, then turn the lock back on? after i did this i was quite amazed with the control.... in fact the control was my favorite part about the game.
Nah, I tried it out a gamestop. I did not even think to look out the control options. I might have to give it another go. It just seemed to have this weird delay and if I aimed off the screen a little bit things got wacky. I think it would be better if it was shaped like a light gun.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Nah, I tried it out a gamestop. I did not even think to look out the control options. I might have to give it another go. It just seemed to have this weird delay and if I aimed off the screen a little bit things got wacky. I think it would be better if it was shaped like a light gun.
All Metroid Prime games would've benefited from this:
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Nah, I tried it out a gamestop. I did not even think to look out the control options.
It makes a BIG difference.... honestly. I was skeptical also until I tried it out myself.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

This flamewar--and people going WAHHH THIS GAME SHOULD BE MORE THAN 1 HOUR makes me want to hate this game.
JBC

Post by JBC »

YES! :D

YEAH!

Sin & Punishment 2!
Godzilla was an inside job
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Strider77 wrote: I've never really heard panzer referred to as a bad thing.
Neither have I, this thread included.
gs68 wrote:This flamewar--and people going WAHHH THIS GAME SHOULD BE MORE THAN 1 HOUR .
What?
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

How much cost Wii nowdays?
Looks like it's a must buy D:
Is mod-chip allow to play games from all regions?

+ is there a ps2toWii converter? or must spend money for wii stick+mod? :?
sfried

Post by sfried »

Turrican wrote:Incredible Wii showing at TGS:

Sin & Punishment 2;

Klonoa remake;

sequel to Another Code / Trace Memory;

new Vanillaware RPG;

All of a sudden it's time to buy a Wii. :o
You forgot the most important part: Cave Story for WiiWare.

Edit: Sorry, your post got lost in all this mess. Awsome showing indeed. Makes up for the incredibly crappy E3 showing.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Looks like Sin & Punishment 2 has a serious presence at Nintendo's E3 booth this year...

(source)
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Thunder Force wrote:Looks like Sin & Punishment 2 has a serious presence at Nintendo's E3 booth this year...

(source)
Looks like they got Yasushi Suzuki back to do the art.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Kiken wrote:
Thunder Force wrote:Looks like Sin & Punishment 2 has a serious presence at Nintendo's E3 booth this year...

(source)
Looks like they got Yasushi Suzuki back to do the art.
I was going to say the same thing, looks very in-line with his style. Perhaps this explains why PKv2 was canned.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

hopefully they dekiddify the in-game graphics too.

Edit: nvm, just saw the new trailer. The characters are still 10yo and the white boots still haven't gone poof.

edit2: and they look nothing like the art.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

It still look like Ikaruga except uglified?

Edit: maybe they're in the midst of shaking things up with the art newly represented at the booth, and in-game art assets haven't had a chance to update. Eh, whatever.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

yeah... we'll see about the art.... but honestly I have never fealt the need to rush out and buy treasure art books b/c the art was so amazing ect.

most of their games have really goofy character designs, but I still love the games. just not for the character designs, I will admit that the box art for sin and punishment was an exception... was pretty snazzy.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Newish gameplay video (don't think it's been posted here yet):

http://www.digitalchumps.com/video-gall ... ink&id=259
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

I am so getting this. Treasure needs to work on the score font though, it looks bland.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Elixir

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by Elixir »

I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.