Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

icycalm wrote:
Arvandor wrote:
icycalm wrote:And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles.
This just sounds like you're bragging in a very successful attempt at being an asshole.
I understand that's how a retard would see it.

It was a tongue-in-cheek response to some fangirl saying that "the Wii is a better console than the 360". I can't stand fangirls.
Actually that's really what people the complete opposite of retarded would see it.

If you want to insult something specific don't cast such a wide net, because not only does that undermine your point, it makes you look like an elitist asshole.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

icycalm wrote:And I'll take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any of your shitty game consoles.
It must be nice to take HEY arcade, even on a busy night, over any consoles. I've never had the opportunity. :roll:
SWY: Games are just for fun
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

HEY is alright, but there are much better arcades in Japan, as has been discussed many times here. Few of the top players play at HEY as well (SWY, ISO, WIZ, RAM, etc never play there). Personally I'd take my modest home arcade setup and Cave PCBs over a smoky, noisy arcade like HEY any day. Not to mention I don't need to fly to Japan or pay 100 yen a pop to play the games. :wink:
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

EOJ wrote:HEY is alright, but there are much better arcades in Japan, as has been discussed many times here. Few of the top players play at HEY as well (SWY, ISO, WIZ, RAM, etc never play there). Personally I'd take my modest home arcade setup and Cave PCBs over a smoky, noisy arcade like HEY any day. Not to mention I don't need to fly to Japan or pay 100 yen a pop to play the games. :wink:
Game prices in Tokyo are terrible (for the most part).

From experience with people I deal with in Japan, go either up North or the South Japan for games.

I herd Osaka prices tends to be good.

I can also think you can apply this rule to arcades as well.
Last edited by Fighter17 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Fighter17 wrote: From experience with people I death with in Japan,
You death with people in Japan? :shock:
Fighter17 wrote: I herd Osaka prices
You herd Osaka prices? I thought people only herd things like cattle or sheep.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

EOJ wrote:
LULZ
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

EOJ wrote:
Opps on spelling. :oops:

About Osaka prices, yeah I herd the games are a lot cheaper than in Tokyo.

Super Potato in Tokyo is a rip-off compare to the Super Potato in Osaka.

Hell I just got a huge Megadrive lot from Japan and the person who had gotten the games from me did the searching in Northern Japan. After getting Alien Soldier complete for $95 I just say damn.
Last edited by Fighter17 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Those typos were too great to pass up. :lol:
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

EOJ wrote:HEY is alright, but there are much better arcades in Japan, as has been discussed many times here. Few of the top players play at HEY as well (SWY, ISO, WIZ, RAM, etc never play there). Personally I'd take my modest home arcade setup and Cave PCBs over a smoky, noisy arcade like HEY any day. Not to mention I don't need to fly to Japan or pay 100 yen a pop to play the games. :wink:
Nah, that's bull. As has been discussed many times on 2ch, the best arcade in Japan is the one two blocks away from where I used to live in Kanda. All the top players hang out there, and of course they never mention that to anyone except me (cause we are friends) because they don't want tourists like EOJ to mess everything up.

Word.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

icycalm wrote: Nah, that's bull. As has been discussed many times on 2ch, the best arcade in Japan is the one two blocks away from where I used to live in Kanda. All the top players hang out there, and of course they never mention that to anyone except me (cause we are friends) because they don't want tourists like EOJ to mess everything up.

Word.
:lol: That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the chuckle.

PS: To give one example, Gamebox Q2 is in Nagoya, where I used to live. That's the only place where RAM, Galford, and some other WR holders play. Of course you'd know that if you knew anything about the top scorers in Japan. :wink:
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

icycalm wrote: All the top players hang out there, and of course they never mention that to anyone except me (cause we are friends)
156 million dollars makes a lot of friends. High scoring friends!
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

They probably keep him around because he carries their bags. Then they have a good laugh when he tries to play a game and comes up with some crappy ass score. I can see the entertainment value in that.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Japanophile death match!
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

It's more like a slap fight
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Oh, we do have good fun here at shmups.com. :D
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

your just jelous
EOJ wrote:PS: To give one example, Gamebox Q2 is in Nagoya, where I used to live. That's the only place where RAM, Galford, and some other WR holders play. Of course you'd know that if you knew anything about the top scorers in Japan. :wink:
liar liar pants on fire
sven666

Post by sven666 »

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
D

Post by D »

sven666 wrote:Image
Every thread should be locked. It is always good to deny 3000 people access, because 2 people are flaming each other. That's fair. I think threads should only be locked when rules are broken, like offering illegal stuff are talking about modding your console or anything else the games manuafacterers do not want us to talk about. But 2 when 2 people are fighting, you give them a warning that if they can't keep it cool that they will be banned. I will probably be banned for gifing this advice. Please kill the messenger.
hirounder

Post by hirounder »

dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

This is awesome news, but they really should bring this to the US market; it's not as if there hasn't been any traditional shooters on XBLA so far.

And if they don't, there's no way I'd shell out for a JP-360 just to play this. I could get a supergun for that price.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

D wrote:
Every thread should be locked. It is always good to deny 3000 people access, because 2 people are flaming each other. That's fair. I think threads should only be locked when rules are broken, like offering illegal stuff are talking about modding your console or anything else the games manuafacterers do not want us to talk about. But 2 when 2 people are fighting, you give them a warning that if they can't keep it cool that they will be banned. I will probably be banned for gifing this advice. Please kill the messenger.
D as the voice of reason. I'm enjoying that. Locking = last resort.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Its about time the Raiden Fighters series got a home console release. Sucks that its probably going to be region locked to jp. Maybe UFO interactive or some other US publisher will pick it up.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Jesus Christ, you people are really stomping on Fighter17 A LOT.
Is this a trend I have been missing?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

yes
unban shw
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

sideshow wrote:Its about time the Raiden Fighters series got a home console release. Sucks that its probably going to be region locked to jp. Maybe UFO interactive or some other US publisher will pick it up.
I've never seen any US-based publisher bring any import online games to US online gaming services, and I doubt UFO would have any luck selling this on a disc in the US market. I want these games over here on XBLA, but I just don't see it happening.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Ya, agree. This one is going to most likely stay in japan. If for some miracle the game is region free then we are in business.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

"I want these games over here on XBLA, but I just don't see it happening."

Well the big advantage of a XBLA download over a hardcopy lies in the proportion of the financial risk. It's way cheaper to offer such a game as a download than producing and selling them on discs in boxes. That's why MS is selling Psychonauts online, a game which does have its fans but is hardly a blockbuster hit. The only problem with XBL is "priority" which means that stuff gets pushed back because other games are considered more "important".
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

In case anyone missed it, the official site for the game has some new (?) screenshots and a short movie on it - there are links at Insert Credit.
jp

Post by jp »

dave4shmups wrote:
sideshow wrote:Its about time the Raiden Fighters series got a home console release. Sucks that its probably going to be region locked to jp. Maybe UFO interactive or some other US publisher will pick it up.
I've never seen any US-based publisher bring any import online games to US online gaming services, and I doubt UFO would have any luck selling this on a disc in the US market. I want these games over here on XBLA, but I just don't see it happening.
Ubisoft brought Senko no Ronde over to the US.

I reiterate:

UBISOFT BROUGHT SENKO NO RONDE OVER TO THE US!

And probably made a killing off of those of us who paid $60 for it.

Also see: Earth Defense Force

My point is this:
Its stupid to leave an Xbox360 exclusive in Japan, because the Japanese don't give a fuck about the Xbox360.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

jp wrote:
dave4shmups wrote:
Ubisoft brought Senko no Ronde over to the US.

I reiterate:

UBISOFT BROUGHT SENKO NO RONDE OVER TO THE US!

And probably made a killing off of those of us who paid $60 for it.

Also see: Earth Defense Force

My point is this:
Its stupid to leave an Xbox360 exclusive in Japan, because the Japanese don't give a fuck about the Xbox360.
I am one of those who pay $60 for War Tech: Senko no Ronde…and it was worth every $ and ¢ ! It was far much cheaper than buying an Asian 360 -- oh I also had the Korean Senko no Ronde limited edition with post card set and sold it as soon as USA Senko no Ronde was release.

ON TOPIC:
Just as with Raiden III being released in USA, I have good feeling that Raiden Fighters will see release in the USA as the Raiden has always been strong in this country. The arcade cabs with shooting games still seen today across the USA are Raiden Fighters games. There is a dirt arcade in a dead mall right here in Livonia that has Raiden Fighters. Many speek of that hole in the wall where the one arcade game they can play is a Raiden Fighters game.