New Neo-Geo shmup -- Last Hope [also for DC]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

You know, repeating the same question I just asked won't get you an answer any faster..
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Ceph wrote:You know, repeating the same question I just asked won't get you an answer any faster..
Look at the time you and I posted...
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Lawfer wrote:
Ceph wrote:You know, repeating the same question I just asked won't get you an answer any faster..
Look at the time you and I posted...
You got to learn to type faster ;)
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

The ones who didn't cancel still gets the game for 59.99, so it's like 20$ more for the ones who are going to get it now.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Ceph wrote:
Super Laydock wrote: They had about 80 left due to cancellations...
Where did you get that number?
Lawfer wrote: How do you know how much they had left?
There, I quoted you both so no arguing here, ok. ;)

And to answer the question, read this. :)

Lawfer wrote:The ones who didn't cancel still gets the game for 59.99, so it's like 20$ more for the ones who are going to get it now.
plus they get a fee VMU and the sticker given which was also sent out with the preorders of the regular edition.

Ah well, at least I snagged a copy. :D
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Super Laydock wrote:
Ceph wrote:
Super Laydock wrote: They had about 80 left due to cancellations...
Where did you get that number?
Lawfer wrote: How do you know how much they had left?
There, I quoted you both so no arguing here, ok. ;)

And to answer the question, read this. :)

Lawfer wrote:The ones who didn't cancel still gets the game for 59.99, so it's like 20$ more for the ones who are going to get it now.
plus they get a fee VMU and the sticker given which was also sent out with the preorders of the regular edition.

Ah well, at least I snagged a copy. :D
Yes that's pretty lucky :), but still the total is like 83 bucks overall with shipping so I didn't really saved anything. What's your total with shipping?
genetik

Post by genetik »

It's nice of them to include a VMU, even though most DC owners probably don't really need one. The LE edition might have been worth it at $59.99 (or 54.99 with a coupon), but at $79.99, it's really expensive.
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Lawfer wrote: Yes that's pretty lucky :), but still the total is like 83 bucks overall with shipping so I didn't really saved anything. What's your total with shipping?
I am guessing you´ve chosen EMS shipping then.
The total including shipping for me was only $81.39 (thank god for the strong Euro currency though ;))

genetik wrote:The LE edition might have been worth it at $59.99 (or 54.99 with a coupon), but at $79.99, it's really expensive.
It´s the same as the Trigger Heart LE (granted: official release) and most likely much more "limited", with only 500 (marked) copies produced.
And I like Last Hope better than THE too, so I think it´s worth it.
Last edited by Super Laydock on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Super Laydock wrote:
Lawfer wrote: Yes that's pretty lucky :), but still the total is like 83 bucks overall with shipping so I didn't really saved anything. What's your total with shipping?
I am guessing you´ve chosen EMS shipping then.
The total including shipping for me was only $81.39 (thank god for the strong Euro currency though ;))
Damn you!! lol, I ended up paying more then you, oh well I'll live. Yes I have euro too, but what shipping way you used? The cheapest with a coupon?
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Lawfer wrote:Yes I have euro too, but what shipping way you used? The cheapest with a coupon?
Yup, airmail box (non trackable, but insured) and I used 1 $5 off coupon.

Anyway, hope jp is reading this in time so he can get his LE too (if he´s still after it that is). Nice to know it´s 1 piece per customer as well, so no hoarding of LE´s by resellers too hopefully.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

It says "preparing order" in my play-asia account but I haven't had a single email from them :roll:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

OMG.... what have i done. I cancelled my preorder and got the regular one. Now the LE is out..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Strider77 wrote:OMG.... what have i done. I cancelled my preorder and got the regular one. Now the LE is out..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Damn that sucks, try to resale your regular copy on ebay and get the limited edition while you still can.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

lol.. no it's ok. I'll live with the copy I have this time, I was just joking around.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

theevilfunkster wrote:It says "preparing order" in my play-asia account but I haven't had a single email from them :roll:
Maybe they are waiting on a new shipment of VMU's or stickers ? :P
All errors are intentional but mistakes could have been made.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Or candies?
Alas, Ikaruga is going...

Undesired, unwanted them...
What makes them go?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Nah, they've shipped out now.
theevilfunkster

Fenrir wrote:Or candies?
I haven't had free candies from play-asia for over 2 years :cry:

Oh, and the game has shipped now, and at the original pre-order price. It's about fucking time too.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Tempted by the LE now that it's back in stock. Can we summarise what's good/bad about this game before I waste even more cash on games...?

Also, what style is the soundtrack?
Last edited by bcass on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

And still no NGCD version.

Damn. :evil:
LSU

Post by LSU »

I'm sorry, but I think asking $80 for a homebrew game is a little crazy, ltd edition or not.

(And I'm actually one of the few folks who think this game isn't so bad..... not great obviously, but not sooooo bad.)
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Anyone get their limited edition yet? Does it rock the block or deffinately not?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Strider77 wrote:Anyone get their limited edition yet? Does it rock the block or deffinately not?
Got mine like 19 hours ago but I didn't had time to play it, plus I need to get out my old dreamcast and all lol
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

My ltd. ed arrived this morning, and it doesn't work.. makes the long wait even better :roll:

I've got a (modded) Japanese machine from the first batch produced, which has no problems reading other CD-Rs, but it won't recognise this disc at all, not even as a music disc.
Oddly, iTunes does read it as a music CD on my PC.

gah.
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
theevilfunkster

Strider77 wrote:Anyone get their limited edition yet? Does it rock the block or deffinately not?
My limited edition isn't here yet but I've had an evaluation copy since the standard version was released. I can tell you that it certainly does not rock the block. It's not completely dreadful, but it's just not that good either. Below average best describes it. :lol:
szycag

Post by szycag »

theevilfunkster wrote:I can tell you that it certainly does not rock the block. It's not completely dreadful, but it's just not that good either. Below average best describes it. :lol:
You just don't understand it's concept. Speaking of that, why didn't we hear anymore from RHE? :)
That is Galactic Dancing
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I've got a (modded) Japanese machine from the first batch produced
I've got a modded japanese unit from the 1st batch released and it works ok.. the reg edition does anyways.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

So, are there any differences between the normal edition and the limited edition? Has the limited edition been improved or is it just the same?
Brain Slug

Post by Brain Slug »

NAVVARR wrote:So, are there any differences between the normal edition and the limited edition? Has the limited edition been improved or is it just the same?
The Ltd Edition comes in a double jewel case with a super special magical 'vinyl cd' soundtrack. Other than that, the game itself is no different. No idea if the cover art differs?

Need to go pick my LE up from post depot. It arrived on Saturday morning, and I went and got absolutely trolleyed Friday night so I missed the Postie. D'oh.

Inland Knights FTW!
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

cheers- i got the original of ebay coz i was realy keen to play this- esp after the delays.

I'd ordered the LE and never cancelled it- so i've a mint unopened copy to hold on to whilst i play the normal one.