Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Opus131

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by Opus131 »

The game has only been out for several weeks. Don't long term sales matter for niche genres like this? Plus, since the game is being distributed digitally wouldn't this save them money on production? How much did Mushimesama cost when they ported it to the Xbox (where they had to print and distribute actual physical copies), and how much did they sell when it was first released?
Friendlyfriend

Post by Friendlyfriend »

Steamspy numbers will most likely fluctuate for the next week or so. Devs have talked about how steamspy isn't accurate for up to 2-3 weeks, although only Degica/CAVE know the numbers for sure.

Generally speaking PC/Steam is a market with higher margins and "evergreen" sales as opposed to the typically front-loaded sales on consoles so I think it's still early to say how much the numbers will change. Considering the Steam Winter sales will be coming up in about a months time, a small marketing push and some decent discounts will help drive sales that otherwise wouldn't be brought in.

Do we have rough numbers from Mediacrate on how well the 360 ports did?
vector7

Post by vector7 »

Friendlyfriend wrote:Steamspy numbers will most likely fluctuate for the next week or so. Devs have talked about how steamspy isn't accurate for up to 2-3 weeks, although only Degica/CAVE know the numbers for sure.
Even the dev of steamspy said that anything with <30k copies is unreliable https://twitter.com/steam_spy/status/615570133604503552 I guess it still can be close to truth in some cases but like you said only publisher/developer know for sure. And if you'll check mushi graph, it was 12.5k copies 3 days ago, there can't be so many refunds, that alone should show that this data is not reliable.
Last edited by vector7 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Would Blackbird chime in and tell us whether the port is performing well so far?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
system11

Post by system11 »

viniciusvbf wrote:According to SteamSpy, the game sold 7,535 ± 2,195 copies until now. I don't know if these stats are reliable, but the number seems pretty low. Anyone know how much copies Cave/Degica expect to sell?
This is why I've always said the PC can't support professional quality niche titles. It can support secondary ports since the development was already funded in main by the arcade releases and $60 console ports. We've already seen the bulk of the sales for this game, people who haven't bought already will be waiting for the inevitable $3 bundle now.

If you want a new Cave game, a really new one, the only hope is a PS4 title.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

moozooh wrote:Would Blackbird chime in and tell us whether the port is performing well so far?
This came up over at GAF last week and he had this response:
Blackbird@Degica wrote:I can't comment on exact sales figures, but I can say that this was one of our best game launches so far.

Players showed amazing support for this game across the board.
Last edited by StarCreator on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

I´m currently waiting for the GOG version and I think there are a lot of players like me who only buy games with DRM when there is no other option.
As I have the XBOX360 version, I´ll wait or skip.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

In case you missed the launch week discount on Steam, the game's available for 15 bucks at Green Man Gaming.
CWM

Post by CWM »

system11 wrote:
viniciusvbf wrote:According to SteamSpy, the game sold 7,535 ± 2,195 copies until now. I don't know if these stats are reliable, but the number seems pretty low. Anyone know how much copies Cave/Degica expect to sell?
This is why I've always said the PC can't support professional quality niche titles.
You mean just for shmups, right?

In any case, with the way the console market has evolved in the past ~10 years, I'd expect PC/PS4/XB1 sales to be in a similar ballpark. If it sells ~10k on PC for $20, it won't suddenly do ~50k at the same price point on the PS4. The age of "boutique" $60 physical releases of niche games is likely over in general, regardless of genre. If you can't make your money back at $20-30 as a digital-only release, that's basically it.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I, for one, enjoyed spending $80+ on (almost) every Cave port to ever come out on the 360. Even the region locked ones. 8)
hien

Post by hien »

Having missed the initial sale, that GMG offer sure is tempting. Is the port mostly on par with the 360 version, now?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Having played it quite a bit in the past few days, I'd say yes, it's very much on par.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

hien wrote:Having missed the initial sale, that GMG offer sure is tempting. Is the port mostly on par with the 360 version, now?
Yeah, its very much up on par, although it might still need a few updates to make the game to be right up to where the 360 version would be (like some minor fixes, such as local scores not saving and etc.) and maybe later, beyond that.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

The port is performing much better now. Although personally I only ever had very mild issues so I don't know if it is the same for everyone.

Version 1.5 is worth the price of admission by itself in my opinion.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
cul

Post by cul »

system11 wrote:
This is why I've always said the PC can't support professional quality niche titles. It can support secondary ports since the development was already funded in main by the arcade releases and $60 console ports. We've already seen the bulk of the sales for this game, people who haven't bought already will be waiting for the inevitable $3 bundle now.

If you want a new Cave game, a really new one, the only hope is a PS4 title.
Today games are almost exclusively multiplateform and dev'd with porting to the different consoles and PC in mind, it's even the case for "indie niche games", last in mind, top of my head: ShovelKnight, Half Minute Hero, Super Time Force Ultra, Hotline Miami, etc.

Should Cave dev a new game, they should build it from day one with a multi-plat release goal in mind.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hey guys for anyone who missed the discount the first time greenmangaming are a legit (legit meaning they get the codes directly from the publishers unlike some other grey market sites.) UK retailer of steam keys and they currently have the game for 25% off.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/p ... ihimesama/

But wait there is more! Add this coupon at the checkout for an additional 15% off. 15PERC-WTHGMG-NVMBER

So if you where not sure about the game now might be a good time to check it out.
viewtifulzfo

Post by viewtifulzfo »

Are replays broken?

I recorded a replay last night, up to halfway through Stage 5 or so, and watching it today the replay made me die on Stage 3. Not sure what happened there!

Other than that, I can say I've had no problems at all so far.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

viewtifulzfo wrote:Are replays broken?

I recorded a replay last night, up to halfway through Stage 5 or so, and watching it today the replay made me die on Stage 3. Not sure what happened there!

Same thing happened to me, but it eventually worked. Try it again after restarting your computer or something. It's weird.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

viewtifulzfo wrote:Are replays broken?

I haven't tested with last few patches, but for me using no vsync fixed my replays.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Is this the end of patches for this release? Are there any more fixes incoming?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

1.1.2.11 should be coming up pretty soon. This update is for the remaining users with crashes, V1.5 BGM quality, and a few other things.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

This is awesome news! Thank you for the update. Hope the new patch also fixes the aspect ratio for 16:10 monitors.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Woohoo!
rtw

Post by rtw »

Blackbird wrote:1.1.2.11 should be coming up pretty soon. This update is for the remaining users with crashes, V1.5 BGM quality, and a few other things.
Sounds great, what about local hi-score saving ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

rtw wrote:
Blackbird wrote:1.1.2.11 should be coming up pretty soon. This update is for the remaining users with crashes, V1.5 BGM quality, and a few other things.
Sounds great, what about local hi-score saving ?
I really hope this is in. No excuse for taking so long for something so simple.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
GSK

Post by GSK »

Speak of the devil!

v1.1.3.0 Patch Details
Changed the V1.5 BGM to better quality version
Addition of the My Rank feature to Leaderboard
Displaying score over rank 100
Removal of the monthly score option
Local ranking data and stage highsocre have been added to the save
Today's score is reset every time the game is stopped.
Pressing button B (or X on keyboard) change to the local ranking display.
Correction for glitches happening sometimes during Training mode
Correction to the graphic glitches happening on Arrange Stage 4
Correction to the startup process to prevent crash happening on some machines
Correction to the crash happening when showing friend ranking
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

GSK wrote:Speak of the devil!

v1.1.3.0 Patch Details
Changed the V1.5 BGM to better quality version
Addition of the My Rank feature to Leaderboard
Displaying score over rank 100
Removal of the monthly score option
Local ranking data and stage highsocre have been added to the save
Today's score is reset every time the game is stopped.
Pressing button B (or X on keyboard) change to the local ranking display.
Correction for glitches happening sometimes during Training mode
Correction to the graphic glitches happening on Arrange Stage 4
Correction to the startup process to prevent crash happening on some machines
Correction to the crash happening when showing friend ranking
Awesome.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Off the top of my head, there are a few remaining issues:
  • Some users experience strange frame limiting behavior after the leaderboard submission at the end of a Score Attack run
  • Full control remapping (including directionals and Start button, etc); without this, some users are stuck with a start button mapped to an action button
  • Native support for output resolutions other than 720p
Thanks for all the support!
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

I'll see what's coming up next. Let me know if you're still seeing any errors.
hien

Post by hien »

Seems there were some guys, who played it on machines with a core 2 duo. Does the game run without restraints on setups with that kind of cpu? Since there is again a sale for it, that's the only question still holding me back from finally buying it.