Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lance Boyle

Re: Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

Post by Lance Boyle »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:
Lance Boyle wrote:
Kaspal wrote:i wanna play ketsui NOW!!
Then why don't you, like everyone else is?
Ild hazard a guess that he's like me in that I wont touch a game untill its finished and fully playable (or as close to 100% as possible), that includes demos aswell, unless Its a try before I buy. Imo playing bug ridden games spoils the experience I could be having with the final version.
That sounds fine and all, but judging by what he said before that:
All i want is for a final build of MAME to be released that makes this games work as they should... i mean, no more back label or shit
i mean, no more back label or shit
It appears more likely that he hasn't read the thread or hasn't comprehended that the incorrect enemy spawning has already been fixed and that's what we've been talking about for about a page and a half.
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

Okay, so the timers (continue, ship selection etc) run fine but the game is a tad too FAST alright... is it just a flaw to fix or have I sorely underestimated the difficulty of the game? Or is it too much Ketsui Death Label?
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:
Lance Boyle wrote:
Kaspal wrote:i wanna play ketsui NOW!!
Then why don't you, like everyone else is?
Ild hazard a guess that he's like me in that I wont touch a game untill its finished and fully playable (or as close to 100% as possible), that includes demos aswell, unless Its a try before I buy. Imo playing bug ridden games spoils the experience I could be having with the final version.
You got it right!... i'd play the X360 version if i could, but i dont have a j360 to do so (so i wont bother on buying the game until i can actually play it), so while its pretty good that we can get a taste of emulated ketsui and all that, im not that interested in playing the "Back Label Edition", so im gonna wait until the game can be played properly... i've waited a few years, i wont mind wainting a couple more weeks or months... but i know thats gonna be a hard time waiting. Meanwhile, i can get my hands on mushi futari or Galuda2 on the X360... while i know those are different games, they can keep me entertained for quite sometime... specially now that im on vacations from college (but still gotta go to work every day!)...
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

Kaspal wrote:im not that interested in playing the "Back Label Edition", so im gonna wait until the game can be played properly... i've waited a few years, i wont mind wainting a couple more weeks or months... but i know thats gonna be a hard time waiting.
This is hilarious. He seems to have missed this page too!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Lance Boyle wrote:
i mean, no more back label or shit
It appears more likely that he hasn't read the thread or hasn't comprehended that the incorrect enemy spawning has already been fixed and that's what we've been talking about for about a page and a half.
Actually i got the new compilation released by one of the forum members, and yeah, it takes care of the back label BS, but still, there are things that prevent me from playing the rom as of now... like i said, i can wait a couple more days/weeks.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Lance Boyle wrote:
Kaspal wrote:im not that interested in playing the "Back Label Edition", so im gonna wait until the game can be played properly... i've waited a few years, i wont mind wainting a couple more weeks or months... but i know thats gonna be a hard time waiting.
This is hilarious. He seems to have missed this page too!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
have you noticed that sometimes you post something and other ppl are posting at the same time? when i posted that, you havent posted your reply yet... and FYI, i had the mameui32 patch by then too... but w/e. laugh it off it that makes you feel good. lol.
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

Kaspal wrote:and yeah, it takes care of the back label BS, but still, there are things that prevent me from playing the rom as of now... like i said, i can wait a couple more days/weeks.
Then why do you keep bringing up Back Label, lol?

It's got some issues, sure, but I'd say it looks about 80% done now. It may not be accurate, but I find it incredibly fun!
laugh it off it that makes you feel good. lol.
Alright then, let's drop it. At this rate we'll have an arcade-perfect emulation before Christmas! :mrgreen:
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

So I played some White label and is it just me or is the game abit too fast? I mean looking at kouryuus mouth he is going nuts with it maybe its a illusion of the faster sound but I dunno anyone else feels like giving white label a shot?

To me atleast it seems that White label overall runs way faster then Black Label.
Last edited by Zeron on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I have got the games running now, but I have no means at the moment to playtest properly. But looking at YouTube, it looks and sounds like these game are running a bit too fast? Is this being worked on as a bug as well?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Lance Boyle wrote:
Alright then, let's drop it. At this rate we'll have an arcade-perfect emulation before Christmas! :mrgreen:
from the tips of your fingers to god eyes (ears?) ...
lets hope for a good dump of ESPGaluda and (i know its a long shot, but still) mushihime sama...
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

Zeron wrote:So I played some White label and is it just me or is the game abit too fast?
emphatic wrote:looking at YouTube, it looks and sounds like these game are running a bit too fast?
evrain wrote:Okay, so the timers (continue, ship selection etc) run fine but the game is a tad too FAST alright...
exo wrote:Is it just me or is Ketsui running a bit too fast ?
Observer wrote:Agreed on the speed for Ketsui. EVAC Industry stage feels a bit too fast
KETSUI AND DDP DOJ
A BIT TOO FAST
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

What with all this excitement I've been reading through this entire thread (!) and back on pps 11-13 there's lots of stuff about CAVE specifically requesting MAME not to include later drivers and how DOJ was included in an earlier build but then removed at CAVE's request, and Haze's very cautious approach to it all.
So if this is true, how come the latest MAME build includes the drivers, DOJ is back in and Haze's blog includes the required driver patch?
Was that all just apocryphal bullshit then or have the MAME devs suddenly got a new badass attitude?
Or is it simply that the seven-year watershed has been passed?
cul

Post by cul »

I must be mentally retarded as I've got the right set, tried with every single builds on this thread and still couldn't launch them.

Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

What exactly is wrong with DOJ BL?

decided to "test" DOJ BL after barely 1ccing WL once on ps2 emu with Leinyan
picked exy for fun expecting some potentially weird stuff

somehow I managed to 2 miss the whole first loop and got to 2-3 with 101m
Is the rank completely missing from this one for some reason? :P by the way, yeah, I switched to Normal

but the controls man
they feel AWESOME
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

enemy spam and bullet density seems a bit higher earlier on in the game. In DOJ the RANK is stuck on its minimum setting, there are problems with hypers, the combo bar is more forgiving and I think someone said the boss patterns seem a bit more slower (both of the last issues are probably related to the RANK issue.
just wait for u3 guys, they'll probably fix everything
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

oh my god I had missed the news since back label
I don't even know what to say...
I'll start with a huge thank you to all the MAME development guys.
o______o !!!

this is SO EPIC !!
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Ok, we need a bit more help. For people who know the games very well or have to pcb nearby for comparison.

Enable cheat in mame with the line

Code: Select all

Cheat    1
in mame.ini

Then while playing either game, play with the framerate in the slider options (tab to bring up the menu). And try to find the fps value the closest to what the in-game speed should be, post your results here.

P.S. the framerate is not the actual problem, but there is a "timer" that is wrong and knowing the correct speed the game should run will help us a great deal finding how that timer should be handled.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Bananamatic wrote:What exactly is wrong with DOJ BL?

decided to "test" DOJ BL after barely 1ccing WL once on ps2 emu with Leinyan
picked exy for fun expecting some potentially weird stuff

somehow I managed to 2 miss the whole first loop and got to 2-3 with 101m
Is the rank completely missing from this one for some reason? :P by the way, yeah, I switched to Normal

but the controls man
they feel AWESOME
Woah, DOJ with no rank, that would be sumthin! :o
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

nimitz wrote:Ok, we need a bit more help. For people who know the games very well or have to pcb nearby for comparison.

Enable cheat in mame with the line

Code: Select all

Cheat    1
in mame.ini

Then while playing either game, play with the framerate in the slider options (tab to bring up the menu). And try to find the fps value the closest to what the in-game speed should be, post your results here.

P.S. the framerate is not the actual problem, but there is a "timer" that is wrong and knowing the correct speed the game should run will help us a great deal finding how that timer should be handled.
Good luck in find answers better than "awesome", "awesomeness", "lots of fun", "game ever",...
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

enemy spam and bullet density seems a bit higher earlier on in the game. In DOJ the RANK is stuck on its minimum setting, there are problems with hypers, the combo bar is more forgiving and I think someone said the boss patterns seem a bit more slower (both of the last issues are probably related to the RANK issue.
yeah, sounds about right.

Also, this made me buy DOJBLEX if it ever gets here...if only because of the much more forgiving stage 3. And the hypers.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

PROMETHEUS wrote:oh my god I had missed the news since back label
o______o !!!

this is SO EPIC !!
Its like waiting for a bus, you're waiting for ages for one to show up and 3 come all at once :lol:
captpain

Post by captpain »

PROMETHEUS wrote:oh my god I had missed the news since back label
o______o !!!

this is SO EPIC !!
Prom, thought of you immediately because DOJ/DOJBL has very responsive controls... I don't think there's any input lag.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

DOJ and DOJBL seem fine to me. All of my chains are connecting fine like they do in the PS2/X360 ports. The GP meter drops slower when in hyper (some chains rely on this) and the rank is still elevated when the hyper finishes. I've yet to see this "no rank" glitch.

Though I own the pcb, I'm not as familiar with Ketsui so can't say much about it.
Peace Through Violence
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

After a bunch of goes in tate I'm still not enamoured of the graphics, but it's a jolly cheerful game indeed. I like point-blanking in my shmups and this one has got Fun Weapons™. The music, the announcer and all those sound touches don't hurt either.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

austere

Post by austere »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Imo playing bug ridden games spoils the experience I could be having with the final version.
As was said earlier, this is the correct attitude to have. Too bad the pleasure of working on the emulation of these games is offset by the future pain of spoiling them, especially since they're my favourites...
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
ratsflif

Post by ratsflif »

Just added a few more games to my Shmup hyperspin list....Don't have to hook up the 360 as often now.

kemical

Post by kemical »

Nice to see these games playable, I tried Ketsui, the sound emulation isn't 100% as it says, so music playing much faster in some stages and the sustain on notes is cut off early, the game itself didn't seem too fast though compared to the X360 version IMO, Ketsui has always struck me as a fast paced game. There is however a ton of input lag for me, the controls feel painfully sluggish.
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

kemical wrote: There is however a ton of input lag for me, the controls feel painfully sluggish.
So who did you get your MAME from?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Played a bit of Ketsui on my MAME PC. The PGM resolution works great with Soft15Khz, so I can actually get a pixel-perfect resolution reproduction, unlike the 360 port. The game plays great for me, hopefully the music issue gets sorted out soon.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

For some reason I had a little trouble getting stuck in the dipswitches (it would tell me to turn one off and I would be stuck in the dipswitch menu), but eventually got out by hitting random function keys.

Black Label Christmas: