gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
superg

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by superg »

mtn360 wrote:@superg: Excuse my ignorance, but will pre-orders be announced in this thread? Is there a waiting list already? Any other way to sponsor your awesome work like Patreon or similar?
Yeah, everything will be announced here. In addition to that I usually ask retrorgb to announce it on his Twitter / Facebook.
Nodoan

Post by Nodoan »

I managed to fix it, the capture card driver was starting with the wrong field, I think.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Where do i need to sign up for the lite version please?
FBX

Post by FBX »

lettuce wrote:Where do i need to sign up for the lite version please?
See two posts above:
superg wrote: Yeah, everything will be announced here. In addition to that I usually ask retrorgb to announce it on his Twitter / Facebook.
:wink:
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

I don't know if I should post it elsewere, but I wanted to ask something to @superg

Where do you buy the pieces for your switches? I want some 6×RCA mounts as well as a SCART one in order to create a cheap PCB that sends YPbPr through a SCART cable.

I've seen a couple of eBay shops, but I don't know if they are reliable.
superg

Post by superg »

DiegoPonga wrote:I don't know if I should post it elsewere, but I wanted to ask something to @superg

Where do you buy the pieces for your switches? I want some 6×RCA mounts as well as a SCART one in order to create a cheap PCB that sends YPbPr through a SCART cable.

I order SCART and those 6x colored RCA connectors directly from China. How many do you need? I have some here.
zionfarm

Post by zionfarm »

What is SuperG. Long time fan of your work. I am Soldier in the US Army currently deployed to Iraq. I am so excited to for the gscart lite to be released. I have been building up my old school gaming inventory since 2014 where I spent a year in Korea.

Good luck with build.
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

superg wrote:
DiegoPonga wrote:I don't know if I should post it elsewere, but I wanted to ask something to @superg

I order SCART and those 6x colored RCA connectors directly from China. How many do you need? I have some here.
Well, I would choose just one for this time. I want to try how easy and cheap it is to create a device that allows you to take YPbPr into YPbPr-through-SCART.

At the moment, I don't plan to use pin 20, so I imagine that a manual select solution would be enough for the idea I told you about a couple of days ago.
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

mjs0686 wrote:Side question, anyone know of a good quality male euro-scart to RGBS BNC + 2 RCA audio Cable that is at least 4-6 feet? To hook up the gscartsw lite to a monitor?
Links are here: http://www.retrorgb.com/scarttodisplay.html
mjs0686

Post by mjs0686 »

retrorgb wrote:
mjs0686 wrote:Side question, anyone know of a good quality male euro-scart to RGBS BNC + 2 RCA audio Cable that is at least 4-6 feet? To hook up the gscartsw lite to a monitor?
Links are here: http://www.retrorgb.com/scarttodisplay.html
Thanks!
superg

Post by superg »

Lite progress:
All my consoles have been tested, mostly everything is rock solid with an exception of Master System and Genesis, there is a sync regeneration bug and I'm currently working on fixing it.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

Wii through GARO over SCART also has tricky sync, worth checking.
superg

Post by superg »

Guspaz wrote:Wii through GARO over SCART also has tricky sync, worth checking.
I checked HANZO and ArcadeForge_UMSA - all works great in 31kHz mode.
traal

Post by traal »

superg wrote:No image changes / upscaling, just forwards the signal and if SoG is detected it's replaced by the standard RGBS.
If it could also output RGBHV (+2 output signals) then it would work with a number of LCD VGA monitors without needing a scan doubler. (I don't know how many of those, if any, support RGBS.)

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to this little PS2 board.
Dustandshadow13

Post by Dustandshadow13 »

I'll be watching for a gcompsw.
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Would you consider a lpf on/off switch for the gscart?
superg

Post by superg »

Milspex wrote:Would you consider a lpf on/off switch for the gscart?
If I would continue to manufacture gscartsw v3.4 I may consider it.
Lite doesn't have that filter so nothing to disable.
superg

Post by superg »

Ok, finally the lite testing is done, all issues are fixed.
I'm currently changing the documentation and preparing to open the lite pre-orders.
PeterWar

Post by PeterWar »

superg wrote:Ok, finally the lite testing is done, all issues are fixed.
I'm currently changing the documentation and preparing to open the lite pre-orders.
I'll gladly be on that list, count me in!
mjs0686

Post by mjs0686 »

superg wrote:Ok, finally the lite testing is done, all issues are fixed.
Nice! :D
superg

Post by superg »

Just FYI, please don't PM me about adding to the list. There is no any list, everything will be handled through http://gretrostuff.com.
It will be announced here.
shoobopper

Post by shoobopper »

Amazing news! Question: will the gcomp and gscart be released close enoug to each other to combine shipping?
superg

Post by superg »

shoobopper wrote:Amazing news! Question: will the gcomp and gscart be released close enoug to each other to combine shipping?
I don't think so, gcompsw's are being soldered currently. I expect the news from my manufacturer in a week.
PixelDharma

Post by PixelDharma »

Just got a gscartsw (phat?) and I love it.

Is there any cable available that can run from the VGA-style output (D-sub?) to a typical scart-head?

My PVM is a Sony 2530 which has those proprietary "cmptr" inputs, so the D-sub to BNC cables always recommended are not useful for me. Of course I have a scart-to-cmptr adapter already.

Let me know if there's any other method I could use to get that second output to run into my Sony PVM-2530 (BNC to Cmptr? D-sub to cmptr? :) thanks all!
superg

Post by superg »

PixelDharma wrote:Just got a gscartsw (phat?) and I love it.

Is there any cable available that can run from the VGA-style output (D-sub?) to a typical scart-head?

My PVM is a Sony 2530 which has those proprietary "cmptr" inputs, so the D-sub to BNC cables always recommended are not useful for me. Of course I have a scart-to-cmptr adapter already.

Let me know if there's any other method I could use to get that second output to run into my Sony PVM-2530 (BNC to Cmptr? D-sub to cmptr? :) thanks all!
I don't think there are any standard cables for that, you can probably order the custom one from retro_console_accessories.
gaspower

Post by gaspower »

Hello Superg,
I want to try to use one of your boxes in a different system.

I have a car with touch screen display which uses RGBS as Navigation unit and I want to install a Reverse Camera which is Composite instead of component.

Here's a pic of the wiring

Since the image needs to be converted and autoswitched when I put in reverse, do you have any item that may do it?
And will I have a problem between PAL and NTSC?
And about the Power Input, volts-amps?

Waiting for a reply on this special project.
Thanks from UK.
holaplaneta

Post by holaplaneta »

Sorry for asking again since this has come up before, but would you consider to offer combined shipping or any discount of that sort if I get to order both the gcompsw v1.1 and the gscartsw_lite v1.0 with international shipping? I´m aware these might not be available to sell at the same time but maybe the first order could be put on hold until I get the second one or something.

Anyway, I really admire and appreciate what you are doing here. Thank you so much.
superg

Post by superg »

holaplaneta wrote:Sorry for asking again since this has come up before, but would you consider to offer combined shipping or any discount of that sort if I get to order both the gcompsw v1.1 and the gscartsw_lite v1.0 with international shipping? I´m aware these might not be available to sell at the same time but maybe the first order could be put on hold until I get the second one or something.

Anyway, I really admire and appreciate what you are doing here. Thank you so much.
That I could do potentially but it's unlikely that those will be available at the same time. gscartsw_lite will go by pre-orders, gcompsw's will be available in 2 weeks or so.

Update: I found one more small issue which have to be fixed before mass production, this is related to Master System / Genesis, the ones which require sync stripper to be supported by XRGB-Mini, hope that will quickly be resolved.
superg

Post by superg »

gaspower wrote:Hello Superg,
I want to try to use one of your boxes in a different system.

I have a car with touch screen display which uses RGBS as Navigation unit and I want to install a Reverse Camera which is Composite instead of component.

Here's a pic of the wiring

Since the image needs to be converted and autoswitched when I put in reverse, do you have any item that may do it?
And will I have a problem between PAL and NTSC?
And about the Power Input, volts-amps?

Waiting for a reply on this special project.
Thanks from UK.
Hi,

Well, as long as it's RGBS and composite - all the voltages should be standard. You shouldn't have a problem with PAL / NTSC either, both composite formats are supported. The one and only concern is how your system switches between composite / RGBS, if that's automatic you're good to go. You will have to supply your composite to SCART sync pin, that's where detection is performed and of course solder / buy composite -> SCART adapter.
gaspower

Post by gaspower »

superg wrote: Hi,

Well, as long as it's RGBS and composite - all the voltages should be standard. You shouldn't have a problem with PAL / NTSC either, both composite formats are supported. The one and only concern is how your system switches between composite / RGBS, if that's automatic you're good to go. You will have to supply your composite to SCART sync pin, that's where detection is performed and of course solder / buy composite -> SCART adapter.
I believe you understood it wrong, or it was me who didn't explain well.
When I put the car in reverse, I activate the camera, which is composite or CVBS.
Now, since the car system only works with Component or RGBs, I need to convert Composite to Component with a separate Sync.
And after that I have to "Inject" the signal to the TouchScreen.
That's why I asked about Voltages, if you have a board that when detects "HIGH", in this case reverse, auto switches to that channel and makes the signal convertion.

I hope that now I made a clear info about my needs.
Thank you.