Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Pyongyang

Re: Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

Post by Pyongyang »

Dear Mr. Jefrrey J. Jeffticles Jefferson Jefflepops Esq.

Thank you for sending me my fun book. It is lovely. However I must express severe disappointment at the lack of Darius wankmag included with this 'package sportif'. :(

Oh, and the yellow envelope was a wonderful touch. The lightbulb in my office just died and when my secretary brought in the mail her face looked like that scene in Pulp Fiction when he opens the case and there's like gold or something in it.

"We happy?". Yeah, I'm happy. Thank you Mr. Jeffrey sir. :D

--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
gct

Post by gct »

I bought my first PS3, and a handful of games. It was the 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle, but I already gave the game to my brother-in-law.

Countdown to Skykid's "This is a thread for awesome stuff, not shitty stuff!" :P
Just kidding. He would be mostly right since there are some shitty things about these. I'm quite pleased with the functionality and reduced power consumption of the new PS3 hardware and I LOVE top-loading, but God this thing really is ugly. The fugly urban camo controller as well, came bundled with Killzone 3 and for some reason cost less than a DualShock 3 by itself, so I went with that and my brother-in-law got another free game.

ZOE HD collection LE... quite simply the crappiest LE I have ever owned. The box construction is crappy, there is an annoying "spine card" sheet of sorts that covers the entire back of the box, the remixed soundtrack CD is awful IMO, and it's enormous. I guess they needed a big box to put such a massive amount of crap inside. The artbook is OK but not super great. I should have just bought the regular edition. To be fair, it's the same height and width as my Ys VI and Ys Felghana sets and only 1/3 the thickness, but the Ys sets have an astronomically higher awesome:volume ratio.

Motorstorm is good for some mindless fun :)
Haven't started Demon's Souls.

I haven't started Catherine either - strangely although I bought this off eBay from an US seller, the cover is English/French bilingual? I f*cking hate that. Or is this version of the cover only available in Canada?

Loving the Hell out of Valkyria Chronicles! It's definitely the best thing in this picture here.

Not shown - I got Motorstorm RC on PSN. Lots of fun, but the cars don't handle like real RCs at all. Specifically, the sluggish acceleration is nothing like what you get with a nicely geared sensored brushless electric system where you get instant power delivery. The steering response also feels pretty slow, and you can't use the throttle/brake to adjust your nose angle in mid-air. Not to mention I'm used to playing RC with a pistol-style controller...

Any other game suggestions for me to pick up?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

@gtc... just curious, do u have a 360?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
gct

Post by gct »

Yea, I have had a (Falcon revision) X360 for 3 or 4 years, but not many games there either. I've Galuda & Futari, the Raiden stuff, Eschatos, and Death Smiles. Somehow I don't play the Xbox much, just kind of troublesome to set it up when I know I can't commit to playing any one of those games for more than 2 days. Here's the shameful part - most recently when I _have_ played it, it would be Gears of War 3, because my brother-in-law is into that and I need to at least have some idea of what I'm doing when I go over to his place...

Or was that question asked more with regards to the ZOE collection? :P

Hardware-wise, I like this super-slim PS3 much more than the bulky X360 and its giant power brick. Then again, I've never seen a slim X360 in person, it might change my opinion. Should have bought one when shmuppylove linked the $99 deal.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

gct wrote:strangely although I bought this off eBay from an US seller, the cover is English/French bilingual? I f*cking hate that. Or is this version of the cover only available in Canada?
He must have gotten it from the Great White North Canuckistan, or one of my fine fair fellow residents (maybe Bob or Steve?)

AFAIK, those @*%^# bilingual covers are (thankfully) confined to Canada, to pacify the language police.

HAR HAR POLITICAL CARTOONS R FUNNY

NINJA EDIT: Hey you're from Canada, Y U NO SPEAK FRENCH AMIGO

LULZ i've had a day apparently
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

gct wrote: Countdown to Skykid's "This is a thread for awesome stuff, not shitty stuff!" :P
Just kidding. He would be mostly right since there are some shitty things about these. I'm quite pleased with the functionality and reduced power consumption of the new PS3 hardware and I LOVE top-loading, but God this thing really is ugly. The fugly urban camo controller as well, came bundled with Killzone 3 and for some reason cost less than a DualShock 3 by itself, so I went with that and my brother-in-law got another free game.
...I don't even...?! :|

I've clearly been misunderstood: I call a spade a spade. Been here long enough for people to know that by now. You bought a PS3 (so did I, twice) and you have a decent selection of games there.

As for that PS3 design, it looks like a piece of shit, no two ways about it. My next (and last) one will be the second revision.
Otherwise, no real reason for me to contribute to this thread atm, so stop calling me out. ;)
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

gct

Post by gct »

You know I'm kidding, nothing personal ;)

Here's a picture just for you:

I will buy you a drink if I ever happen to be in your city. Cheers!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

gct wrote:Image
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

More magazines today. :D

ゲーメスト GET!

--

Image Image
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

gct wrote:You know I'm kidding, nothing personal ;)

Here's a picture just for you
Haha that made me lol.

Drink offers always accepted with gratitude ;)
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

Goodbye iPad 3, hello 32gb Nexus 7. May you make my daily a happier one. :D

--

Image Image
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Or was that question asked more with regards to the ZOE collection?
Yeah I got the limited Japan version on PS3... annoyed b/c the frame rate on the 360 is better.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
njiska

Post by njiska »

3 great games:
- Rockman 7
- Rockman & Forte
- Rockman X

And one POS:
- Super Adventure Rockman
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

GaijinPunch wrote:
Stefan_L wrote: I read an preview about it and they called it "an modern Leica" :)
But i have no interest in it since you can't change the lens.
It does make you wonder exactly what they were thinking. 35mm is a great focal length... but with an interchangeable lens, that thing would dominate.
Per user...I don't think I would likely to be use a 35mm focal length lens (although I get something somewhat close to equivalent of 35mm on 35mm FOV camera, a 17mm which is equivalent to 28mm or so on APS-C size sensors) much, if at all, so that is pretty crippling.

I'm more excited about the good advances being shown in sensor tech for full frame cameras, like the EOS 6D just previewed at DP Review. Very clean high ISOs, better than the 5D Mark III, and it's 20MP for full frame. Not something I'm interested in outside of the general improvement in the sensor tech.
Raytrace

Post by Raytrace »

Pyongyang wrote:Goodbye iPad 3, hello 32gb Nexus 7. May you make my daily a happier one. :D

I have to say, I have an iPad 1 and I am by NO MEANS an 'apple man', I got it because there were so many more audio tools for it at the time and sometimes very good quality and a lot cheaper than their VST counterparts (the KORG MS-10 one, AudioRealism Bassline one), but I soon realised that ok they are great and fun, but to be honest, I'm just never going to REALLY use them, and all my iPad is used for now really is reading CBRs, so I might as well get a more powerful and open device which I can really mess around with :).
moh

Post by moh »

njiska wrote:Image

3 great games:
- Rockman 7
- Rockman & Forte
- Rockman X

And one POS:
now thats gangsta.

good choices ;)
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
Raytrace

Post by Raytrace »

I finally managed to get some Gundam Model Kits (and a 30th Anniversary Macross one :) ), as there was an anime convention in Dublin so I could buy them there :) -

njiska

Post by njiska »

moh wrote:
njiska wrote: 3 great games:
- Rockman 7
- Rockman & Forte
- Rockman X

And one POS:
now thats gangsta.

good choices ;)
Drunk shopping at its finest.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Nice! Post pics when you complete them!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Raytrace

Post by Raytrace »

drauch wrote:Nice! Post pics when you complete them!
if you are talking to me - I shall :)

- don't think I'll be making the Mk II or SDF-1 for a while though as I'm not going near them till I'm happy I can do basic airbrushing. Imma make the SD Rick Dom real soon though because that actually looks ok unpainted I think, strictly speaking the SD Char ones are my sons, and the RX78-2 is my daughter's (which I also can't make for a while as she wants me to make a custom pink one hahah).
Stealthlurker

Post by Stealthlurker »

Yes... you are finally mine!

Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Yahoo! Japan FTW. You probably know, but the first few levels are quite amazing to look at on an original DMG-01.
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

Fire and Ice for Acorn Archimedes :)

Stealthlurker

Post by Stealthlurker »

Damocles wrote:Yahoo! Japan FTW. You probably know, but the first few levels are quite amazing to look at on an original DMG-01.
That's what I keep hearing. Finally I can experience it firsthand. Though this one isn't as minty as the one you picked up not too long ago. :mrgreen:

Still, pretty stoked to finally get a CIB one of these.

rancor

Post by rancor »

Super moe AA alkaline batteries. My sex-bot now has an extra cute twinkle in her eyes/LEDs.

ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

Posting ITT to remind myself in the future to buy from rancor when I get the money.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Literally me to STV just now.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
CIT

Post by CIT »

That battery packaging rancor posted is kick ass!

I got a new game:

shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Had to look this up since I'd never heard of it

http://www.bogleech.com/snes-psychodream.html

Looks pretty rad, is that the original packaging?
CIT

Post by CIT »

Yes it is. It's a pretty cool game, in a nutshell: gameplay like Valis, visual style like Majuuou, music like Biohazard Battle.